• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Does anyone else's child go to a child development centre

smurff

Mummy to Emily and Harry
Reaction score
Hi, my 3 and a half year old started today, the place is nice and the teachers seem great, but I'm still unsure it's right for our dd. There are 5 children to a class and 3 teachers so it's great for children who don't like being round other kids or who need one to one attention but my LG loves being around tons of kids and doesn't like being singled out. She has speech delay and doesn't really know how to interact, she loves watching other children play. She says lots of words but doesn't really talk in sentences. She has friends at nursary and I'm not sure she's gonna make friends hear.

My 3 year old goes to one near us, and like you, I don't feel like he fits the criteria either...... Our group only has 3 other children in it, and all of those have autism whereas my son has severe behavioural issues and medical problems.

Our group is only on a 6 monthly basis though, so after 6 months we have to leave- so I'm sticking it out for now to basically say iv tried it.i appreciate their help with him more than anything else.

The reasons you mentioned, like not knowing how to interact, will at least be helped out at the development centre, even if she doesn't enjoy it at first. It'll ensure that she gets heard and encouraged to progress without being overpowered by a louder, more verbal child.

Xx

The one I go to is on a 6 month basis, she's due to leave in July before school holidays but I want her to finish in June so she can go to her normal nursary full time for a month so when she goes reception class in Sept she'll be used to being there full time, hopefully that wouldn't be a problem. Don't get me wrong I really appreciate the work they are doing for my LG and I know places at the centre are sort after but I still don't think she needs it. She was seeing a speech therapist before she went to the centre and me and my husband were told at the centre she will get a new speech therapist and it will be an intensive course of therapy. I found out today the therapist is visiting her once a month! That's not intensive to me as that was what she was getting before. Like you I'm sticking it out as I'm really really hoping they prove me wrong

My son attended a play group type setting run by action for children in our children's centre. When he was 2 he went for 2 hours every week but from 3-4 he went for 2 hours every 2 weeks. There was an adult for every children (3 max usually as the kids struggled with anymore). He adored it and did really well There.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->