Does anyone have a unique name

Kammmmay

Reaction score
I have been playing with some middle names and some of them are QUITE unique. My name is pretty uncommon (Kami) and I have always liked having a name that nobody else did, at least not around here. We are going with Kassandra as a first name, which isnt too uncommon, but we would like to do something really different for a middle name.

For those of you with unique names, what is the name and have you liked it or hated it? Did you ever get made fun of or did you think it was cool to have something so different?

My name is Ariel. I loved having a unique name! I'm definitely going to go for a unique name for my little one:) I did get a lot of comments about the little mermaid, but I find myself telling people my name is Ariel like the little mermaid. Gives them something to remember my name by and helps them not think its too crazy. My sisters name is Zoey which is fairly unique here and I love it. If it wasn't her name, I might use it for my little one!

I have a few friends names that are coming to mind ;) As you can see they are from quite a few cultural backgrounds. Hope they help ;)

Benita
Bianca
Stacey
Riley
Aimee
Emilia
Emmellie
Antoinette
Lovisa
Fabiola
Juliana
Johana
Alina
Yves
Jutta
Carly
Dervilla
Arleta
Karina

my nieces middle name is willow. i wish it was her first, i love it! i'm using jasper for our son, due in april. but for a girl, i wanted kielan or kiona jo gretchen, we had settled on kiona...

My husband and I decided on the first name Kassandra. He really likes Kassandra Panda and its definitely grown on me. Our daughter will be half asian, half white, so it kinda fits. I like that its so unique and fun, but im afraid its too different

my nieces middle name is willow. i wish it was her first, i love it! i'm using jasper for our son, due in april. but for a girl, i wanted kielan or kiona jo gretchen, we had settled on kiona...

My husband and daughters last name is kielan. I never have heard or thought of it as a girls name. I like it. Very pretty

My name is Yasmin, which for a white, English girl growing up in a catholic school was very unusual! I used to hate it, because nasty kids would be like "what kinda name is YASMIN?!"
It's from Iran, and my mum really liked alot of the culture over there and thought the name was beautiful. My brother got a much more Christian name--Christopher! I always felt resentful untill my teens when I started to like the unusualness.
My son has an unusual name too. Rory Fox Power! (Power is his surname, Fox we just made up!)

My name is in no way unique, and is the standard spelling back in Finland, but obviously not the usual over here - Saara. I won't even get started on my surname lol.

It is a major pain in the backside. I wouldn't go so far as to say I hate it, but it does cause problems in day to day life, and especially so when I was younger - everything always had to be sent back from driving license etc because nobody ever spelled the name right even if it had been dictated to them letter by letter. Even now, my Tesco baby club stuff addresses me as 'Sarah' when the application was filled in online! My other half and best friend find it funny though when they get told 'oh by the way, did you notice you've spelled her name wrong?' - eer, no, they didn't.

Things like Willow and Ariel are lovely, unique things which are easy to spell - if you want an unusual name I think that's the way to go. From my experience I would steer clear of 'unique' spellings of commonly used names - most of the time it just looks like the parents couldn't spell :rofl: and it's a definite hassle.

We went for a nice traditional name for baby boy - he's already lumbered with a difficult enough surname from M's side so a difficult first name would have just been cruel!

Some unique names of family/friends:

Wendy
Nova
Kierra
Tamara
Cari
Campbell

Cooper
Hurley
Elias
Levi

Things like Willow and Ariel are lovely, unique things which are easy to spell - if you want an unusual name I think that's the way to go. From my experience I would steer clear of 'unique' spellings of commonly used names - most of the time it just looks like the parents couldn't spell :rofl: and it's a definite hassle.
!

Im definitely not going with a unique spelling. People have a hard enough time spelling my name and its Kami, so i hear you on that front. Plus she will have a somewhat common first name, so she shouldnt have any problems there.

mia-sophia i know mia is quite common now but mia-sophia isnt and thats my baby girls name

My name is Kazia (pronounced Kay zee ahh).

Its been a curse, mostly. People pronounce it incorrectly - Kaz ear. Which is fair enough because thats how it LOOKS like it should be said. So I've had to spend my whole life (and will continue to do so) having to spell my name out to people and/or correct them when they say it wrong.

On a more positive note, I'm glad I've not got a common name. Just wish mine was spelt how its pronounced!

I always thought my name was fairly unique. I've only met one other person here named Iris. I hated it as a kid because it was unique and obviously we all want to fit in as kids. I love my name now as it suits me well :)

My name is Cerys which is quite popular in Wales but I live in Hampshire and before that Wiltshire (originally from Wales though). I've not met another Cerys in my lifetime and I love the uniqueness of my name :) pronounced Keh-Riss :)

My name is Cerys which is quite popular in Wales but I live in Hampshire and before that Wiltshire (originally from Wales though). I've not met another Cerys in my lifetime and I love the uniqueness of my name :) pronounced Keh-Riss :)

I'm the same with my name - Ceri. Not so unusual in Wales, but mostly unheard of in Surrey where I grew up ;) It's pronounced Kerry.

My daughter is Romany, we've not met another one yet.

I'm the same with my name - Ceri. Not so unusual in Wales, but mostly unheard of in Surrey where I grew up ;) It's pronounced Kerry.

My daughter is Romany, we've not met another one yet.

It's lovely having such a unique name isn't it? I ADORE your daughters name! I want something as unique for my bubba but so far can't think of anything that either sticks or the DH likes too! X

My first name is quite common actually, Katie, but my full first name is spelled a little strangely, it got some comments from teachers through the years, Katheryn.

My OH and I chose a unique name for our little princess though, Lyla.

My ds2's name is Liev (pronounced Lee Ehv). It's faily common in Russia where the name is from, but not common at all in USA. I love the name!

And I'm with you on the common name, my name is Jennifer, and I also had a common surname so I knew more than one Jennifer with the last name.

I wanted a unique name too, so I named my daughter Diona Nadine, pronounced Dee-on-uh

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->