Does anyone have a unique name

My name is Lara, which is pretty uncommon. I know a lot of Laura's but have only ever met 1 or 2 other Lara's.

My parent's named me after the character in the book/film Dr Zhivago, but now most people recognise it as being from Lara Croft Tomb Raider!!

But I have always loved my name, and get so many comments about how pretty it is.

If we have a girl we are going to call her Lyla, which is quite similar to my name but different enough I think.

I love the name Bailey too, but prefer it spelt Bayley :)

Im lara too lol, and am also named after the book Dr Zhivago :) My son is Noah, which before I had him I thought was very unusual as had never ever met anyone called Noah, then after I had him I met like a million of them :( x x x

Hi Lara :hi:

Nice to meet another one :thumbup:

And how funny, but if we have a boy this little one is gonna be called Noah!!

I guess we Lara's have good taste hey?!! I am a littl worried that Noah is becoming more common now, but I personally don't know any round here. What is his middle name? We are thinking Noah Samuel James :happydance:

MADNESS!!!!!!! Noah has two middle names but his full name is :

NOAH SAMUEL ERIC

oh and my OH's name is Samuel James, hence Noah's name lol xxx

Oh my goodness - that is weird, what a crazy coincidence!!! :rofl::rofl:

My name is Shelby Lynn, which is pretty common here. My sisters have common names, too: Danielle and Melissa. However, I do know a girl named Tuesday and a girl that goes to school with my nephew (he's eleven) is named Heart. One of my friends is Chantal. I don't know how common it is, but I haven't heard of many other people with that name. :flower:

My name is Priscilla and I hated it growing up. I used to get teased about it as a kid. I'm indifferent about it now but usually just get everyone to call me Cilla.

I want to give my children unique names but I'll probably just stick to uncommon names in my area. I want to call my girls either Sophia or Gabriella. My partner wants Ellie but I feel that's more of a nickname.

I wanted to call a girl Isabella but her surname will be Cullen so I think that's a no go ;_;

I love the name Enzi :D

Oh, I also have a friend that just had a baby girl named Tatum Emery. :flower:

My LOs name isnt unique, Just unusual as its usually used for a boy, And i dont think iv come across someone witht he same name ever:
Amari :flower:

I wouldnt say my name is unusual but the combination is

Charlotteanne

...yes all one word no space and no flipping hyphen!!! Even my passport is wrong they always take the liberty of putting a space in between charlotte and anne grrrrrr.

Addison

Going to call my so far 10 day overdue pink bundle of fun either Addison Grace or Addison Lexi

I have an auntie called Relland - which I thinks unusual.
And I also have an uncle and cousin called Con - just Con not short for anything - runs in the family, but people never believe its his real name.
x

Before we knew LO was a girl, our 'boy name' was Terrance David, after OH. Terrance isn't unique per se, but it's not popular.

LO's name is already chosen, as I posted before, but if we have another I think I will name her Tara Scarlett. Tara is my mom's name (speaking of unique names, her name is Tarasonia).

My sis and I have more common names, but with unique spellings. That wasn't done to be annoying, it's just more a German spelling, or so I suppose. I was raised in a more German community. Katheryn, and Alana (said a-lay-na)

my first name is very unusual Letia (lee-ta) it gets pronounced all different ways and well I really dont like it much but I go by my middle name Candice :)

my sons name is Zander but its climbing the charts in popularity every year and since naming him that I have came across so many with his name or babies being named it

I have a common name..Amy...But I have a few cousins with unigue names...Cohen and Rex. And a few uncles with unigue names...Pearl, Punk, and Woodsen!!

My LO will be names Maximilian Phillip (first name I do not hear too often, middle names is OH middle name)

I want to call my girls either Sophia or Gabriella. My partner wants Ellie but I feel that's more of a nickname.

I wanted to call a girl Isabella but her surname will be Cullen so I think that's a no go ;_;

LOL my first daughter is Gabriella and my 2nd daughter's middle names are Isabella Sophia! :haha:

My family is quite full of original names lol
I'm Twyla, my sister is Starr. I have half sisters who are Melody and Mary-lou. My mom's name is Reinna.
I hated my name growin up, but i'm ok with it now.

I have an unusual name that I never heard until recently, Kyndle. I loved having a name no one else had and wanted to give my baby a unique name.. I had wanted to name my baby girl Kamilla or Camilla but OH hated it :(

I love Willow, Saskia and Kiona.. great suggestions!

I also love Wren for a girl, but it doesn't go well in French so it's out for us :(

My parents went with fairly common names with uncommon spellings - I'm Kerri Lianne

The registrar told my dad he couldn't spell! :haha:

My daughters are India Melodie , Heavenly-blu Angel, Meadow Blossom and Peaches Meadow. I love my choice of names but I know most people think im barmy :happydance:

My name isn't too unusual - Jay, but i'm forever getting people making comments about it being a boys name or saying 'jane' or 'jade'

My sisters names are : Louarna (pronounced lou-are-nah) Demi and Shiralee (cher-a-lee)

I think i want quite a simple name for my baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->