Does anyone have any sympathy?

Harveysmum369

Mrs Christmas
Reaction score
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...lea-I-stand-sparks-100k-rescue-operation.html

you don't just eat yourself that big overnight....

Yes I do feel for her. I am a little fed up with the lack of empathy going on towards obese people. Its an eating disorder and from the pics you can see it started when she was a toddler. I dont think she got to that size on her own accord to right from when she was a toddler. Her mother bought the food up till a certain age, set her up for very bad eating habits. She has an over eating disorder , obesity. She may not look like shes doing much to help but its not as easy as "stop eating" its all psychological to. If it where so easy we wouldnt have obese people , its not a life style choice some would choose if they had the choice. Hatred and lack of empathy dosnt help any one especially not her. Theres reasons she eats deeper than you will ever know or understand.

Then surely she has been let down by the system?social services?her parents?I don't 'hate' obese people,I'm classed as Obese myself,however surely SOMEONE should have noticed how bad she was getting and helped her before she needed to go through this humiliation!x

Maybe no one cared enough. I would have assumed her mum but looking at them pics she was always over fed so I guess she hasnt got a clue what to do. She does seem let down, I do feel for her. Someone should have stepped it. Sometimes you can feel so helpless and no one is around to help, talk to or listen. Its sad it had to get that far for her.

In a interview yesterday the mother admited to weaning her on condensed milk, also ss steped in originaly and had her sent to a camp in america where she lost most if it but as soon as she came back ss lost didnt follow up and her mother just fed her so much junk to make her happy.
Mostly i blaim the mother, she said it started when her dad died at 5 but you can see from photos of about 2years old that it was already a problem

I suppose my problem is no one forced her to eat the food though...I'm big and I'm this big because I chose to eat..

Well weaning on condenced milk is pretty much forceing her and even meal up till the age of teens is pretty parent controled then it just a slipery slope from there.
Youd be surprised hiw much a parent who thinks they are doing good can all but short of force feed a child

Sometimes people have bad eating habits, never feel full, compulsive eating, need to comfort eat its not simply that easy for some. Some people have underlying issues to, I am guessing this girl just got over eating patterns from a young age and a need for food that couldnt be satisfied,. She probably has low self esteem to and a range of other problems we dont know of. No one may have forced her to eat a cake but she has no self control her appetite, craving, hunger whatever you wish to call it is bigger.

Surely though at some point she needs to take responsibility as an adult for her actions?Will this be the turning point she needs to get help?

Well weaning on condenced milk is pretty much forceing her and even meal up till the age of teens is pretty parent controled then it just a slipery slope from there.
Youd be surprised hiw much a parent who thinks they are doing good can all but short of force feed a child

Not a good start for her at all. Never force a child to eat all on a plate you create a child who will always force themselves to eat all when they arnt even hungry. Also this girls dad died, maybe the mum fed her to make her happy, filling a void with food. The media always makes people like that out to be greedy and thats the end, you dont see the opposite end of anorexia exploited like that and shamed.

Surely though at some point she needs to take responsibility as an adult for her actions?Will this be the turning point she needs to get help?

Looks like she knows no different, shes been fed like that from her mother all her life. Sometimes people get lost and feel helpless, arnt strong enough, dont know where to turn. I hope she gets some help.

She did so so well to get down to 19 stone..but thats 44 stone in 3 years...why the hell didn't someone do something sooner?

Then surely she has been let down by the system?social services?her parents?I don't 'hate' obese people,I'm classed as Obese myself,however surely SOMEONE should have noticed how bad she was getting and helped her before she needed to go through this humiliation!x

i agree with this, when it gets to the point that you
can't get out of your bed/out of your front door or you can't
walk you need to seek help, this girl had a second chance after
going to america and yet she came home and destroyed herself
some more, she's proven she can loose the weight she had no excuse
to put it all back on again, i'm a large lady but i was disgusted when
i read this, her and her mum look so smug in the pictures i think too
it's not something to be proud of, she got a chance to change her
life and she blew it, i don't feel sorry for her at all

and her mum deserves a kick up the arse!

I do get the feeling her stepdad getting cancer was an excuse not to go back...if it had been me,it would have given me the kick up the arse to lose the rest of the weight..she was a few stone from being healthy...x

The fact that she put it all back on indicates to me it is a real problem and not just overindulgence or greediness. To basically eat yourself to death, there must be something wrong. I gave empathy for her, like I have empathy for anyone with an illness. Compulsive overrating disorder is a recognised mental health condition, like anorexia.

I do get the feeling her stepdad getting cancer was an excuse not to go back...if it had been me,it would have given me the kick up the arse to lose the rest of the weight..she was a few stone from being healthy...x

Her dad died when she was 5 though so had nothing to do with her weight lose at the camp or not continuing it

yeah her dad died when she was young,but her stepdad got told he had cancer,thats why she came home.xx

This girl has been documented before when she was sent off to the camp, when she returned you should have seen the snacks her mother was making for her, 3 large wedges of cheese about 8 slices of bread and a large family size bag of crisps and a whole bottle of coke as a snack.

Its no wonder being fed like that your whole life it screws your brain into thinking theres nothing wrong with that.

she should have been taken into care then...her mother wanted to make her happy when effectively she was killing her..xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->