Does anyone have any sympathy?

I do feel sorry for her, it is an addiction. Any addiction started by your parents, and carried on over many years would be hard to break.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj0kr1QLjD0 This girl did get removed from her mum and was put somewhere till she lost the weight though she has bended legs from the weight. I cant find the vid of her now but she is stunning looking. Always will suffer hunger from it and has to have several ops. These parents where feeding their kids some shocking things ! I struggled to figure out how they afforded all the food.

Nope, no sympathy.
She admitted in the interview she didnt want to walk the 1 MILE to her nutritionist, did she want someone to drive her or something?

And the whole "she doesnt know better"? She is an ADULT now, capable of making her own choices and motivating herself. There are many people throughout the ages who claimed not to know better. My own mum tried to pressure me to put rusks through LOs bottles, OHs mum told me not to pick him up and leave him to cry. I made my own mind up wheras they thought i should follow on outdated methods.

Coming from the 2 alcoholic parents i have no sympathy for addiction, you make your bed and lie in it, there is ALWAYS a way out.

I have to say I have huge sympathy for her and anyone else with an eating disorder, yes she needs to take responsibility and want to change but she has been failed. The right help is not always easy to find x

Yes she is a adult now when its got so bad but she hasnt been a adult for the last 15 odd years of getting this way

Yeah...so why wasn't she taken away from her mother then?it's child abuse,surely?xx

Maybe they where involved? we dont know if they where or not. I think in extreme cases they remove like the girl I posted about I dont think she could breath right on her own and something had to be done.

She was 14 when she lost the weight though.xx

Because she was forced to go to a camp, soon as she was back at home it started again.
Doesnt that prove its not all her doing

I saw a documentary on her a couple of years ago and the mum went to pick her up from the airport after she'd been to the camp and told her that she hadn't had time to go shopping for any healthy food so they were going to get fish and chips for her welcome home dinner.

Poor girl didn't stand a chance. :nope:

Her Mum IMHO should be charged with abuse.

She has been bed bound for 6 months and she has been the only one feeding her.

To get to that size is just unbelievable.

I am a big girl but I choose to eat and I would be shocked if she survived this.

V xx

A quote from the step-father...

"
It was difficult for Georgia to maintain her weight loss because she couldn't find the right foods in the supermarket in Aberdare."

A supermarket that doesn't sell fruit, vegtables, skimmed milk etc

Sounds like the whole family need educating.

I do have sympathy for her yes. The way I would have sympathy for someone with bulimia or anorexia. It's the same thing in my eyes. :shrug: its not just a case of stopping eating junk food, it's a psychological disorder.

There are many reasons why people overeat. I think it's a little harsh that people are condemning this girl and saying "she should know better because she's an adult", it's not always black and white. There are mental disorders that can cause overeating, such as depression etc. Yet no one would say someone who is depressed is their own fault. Also, it sounds like she just didn't have the support she needed to continue losing weight. I think some of these posts are just plain harsh and offensive.

I do because it's not really her fault, it's clear that this is the mothers doing and from looking at the pics when she was young this has always been the norm to her. That being said i do think now she should start taking mroe responsibilty for what she's eating and do something about it because she's proved she can do it i think she probobly needs some more positive influences around her i.e not the mother.

I just don't understand HOW people get that big :wacko:

I feel for the girl as she has clearly been brought up like this.

Dont have a ounce of sympathy for her parents though, this is their fault!

I do feel sorry for her. No one should have to live like that :nope: her mother needs to accept the majority of responsibility for the state her bodies in, I hope they manage to help her loose the weight and keep it off for good. Xx

That girl is actually my cousin!
And I hand on heart have no sympathy, at 14, 15, 16, 17 you CHOOSE what you want to eat, no one force fed her! When she was younger yeah, it was her mother but at 19 years old?!?

And on countless occasions my family has offered her help from when her father died, my auntie even phoned social services on her own sister but nothing came off it.

Oh and on being bed bound for 6 months, she moved into a shared house with her friends 4 months ago... AND plastered it all over facebook!

That girl is actually my cousin!
And I hand on heart have no sympathy, at 14, 15, 16, 17 you CHOOSE what you want to eat, no one force fed her! When she was younger yeah, it was her mother but at 19 years old?!?

And on countless occasions my family has offered her help from when her father died, my auntie even phoned social services on her own sister but nothing came off it.

Oh and on being bed bound for 6 months, she moved into a shared house with her friends 4 months ago... AND plastered it all over facebook!

:hugs: It's sad that they turned down the help,and shocking that SS didn't step in.xx

yes you make choices, but where do the choices come from? its human nature to stick to what we know, the problem is much more complicated then just eat healthy. The more you eat, the bigger you get - the bigger your stomach gets and the more trained it becomes to eating large amounts of food and they need to eat that much to feel full, its a long process for them to get on to the road to losing the weight and curbing the hunger because as others have said it also links with psychological reasons, like all problems its like a downwards spiral, how does anyone ever get anywhere bad in life? they don't just wake up there, its a hard journey and one she shouldn't be judged for, she has clearly been suffering and I really hope she and her family get all the help they need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->