Does anyone have any sympathy?

Personally, I'm 50/50 on this. I'm by no means skinny, I've always had a wider frame than my tall and lanky sisters. It was hard growing up as the 'fat one', my mother was very mentally ill, so as far as diet, I fended for myself. The biggest I've been is a US size 14, now that may not be very big, but I busted my A$$ so I wouldn't get bigger. I'm talking running, 200 sit ups a day, etc.
In a way, it's a slap in the face to the hard work that others do to over-come challenges. My mom is bipolar, has OCD and is addicted to prescription meds. I didn't have an easy life, everything I have, I fought for.
A yes, at 16, I worked out, minded what I ate. To say at 16, she had no responsibility is wrong. My sister was a mom at that age! I do 100% acknowledge the mothers responsibility in this, but that can only go so far. I guess I'm the kind of person that believe that people should define themselves by their choices, not by what was done to them. I see serious problems stemming from societies idea that no one should be accountable for their choices. Unfortunately, she WILL be ultimately accountable whether she acknowledges it or not.

I do feel for her in that i would HATE to live the way she does, i would HATE to be brought up the way she was, and i would HATE to be stuck in a never-ending cycle of over eating and gaining weight.

However, she can take action so can her parents.

Someone with Anorexia would have got help LONG ago before it was this serious - whether they liked it or not - she is way beyond Morbidly obese, medically im surprised she isnt dead. She should have been put into a unit for supporting eating disorders and managed medically until she was mentally and physically able to care for herself healthily.

The system has failed her, so has her mother - they should be ashamed.

However, she can take action so can her parents.

Someone with Anorexia would have got help LONG ago before it was this serious - whether they liked it or not - she is way beyond Morbidly obese, medically im surprised she isnt dead. She should have been put into a unit for supporting eating disorders and managed medically until she was mentally and physically able to care for herself healthily.

The system has failed her, so has her mother - they should be ashamed.

I agree the system has failed her. She should have got help long ago, but I wonder if there was any help available? A few years ago I was in touch with my local Eating Disorder Unit, and they only offered treatment to people with Anorexia who had a BMI of less than 14. No-one else was accepted for treatment, no matter what severity. They recognised the problems bulimia and Compuslive Overeating can cause, but did not have the resources to support anyone but the people with anorexia with very low BMI.

It can be heartbreaking and soul destroying to beg and beg and beg for help, to be told there is nothing that can be done.

In my area, you need to have a BMI of over 60 before you qualify for bariatric surgery!

The irony of it; https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-stopped-obese-teenager-ballooning-again.html

I do feel for her, its obviously something thats deep-seated and psychological thats making her use food as a comfort.

Her mother is an enabler however.

Parents decide what their children eat. I realize that she is a teenager now but clearly the problem started long before that. I feel like the mother is to blame but then again I don't know if the mother has looked for help and support and not found it :shrug: There needs to be more support for people with eating-disorders that are not underweight.

I really feel for her because whatever lead her to become so obese- overeating through choice, using food as a comfort, being taught poor eating habits- she must be living a horrible life. She is surely in a lot of pain, can't get out and see people, enjoy the sunshine or even sleep comfortably. poor poor thing, I hope that this is the turning point for her and her family.

tbh i couldnt feel sorry for her
she was splashed all over the news papers and magazines when she got heavy (cashing in??) and they sent her to america to lose the weight

If then she came home and her mother allowed her to get big again, buying her things she clearly didnt need to be eating, then her mother should be strung up. yes, she is 19 and has put on an absurd amount of weight all over again, but her mother is the lazy one here - her mum saw there was a problem and chose to ignore it by doing the easy thing and ordering food in

also - to see she 'didnt want to walk a mile' is terrible!!!! if you dont want to be cut out of your house, walk a bloody mile to the nutritionist! xx

also - to see she 'didnt want to walk a mile' is terrible!!!! if you dont want to be cut out of your house, walk a bloody mile to the nutritionist! xx

I wonder if it is more that she didn't feel able to walk the mile? It might have been physically very hard work for her, plus if she is anything like other people I know, will have regularly had abuse hurled at her while walking along the road :-(

I blame her parents. They taught her those eating habits from a young age. Provided unhealthy food and allowed her to gorge herself.
HOWEVER.
She was offered help, she started to lose weight and whilst i understand her Dad was diagnosed with lung cancer, i'm sure she would've had the support to continue dieting. She knows shes going to die because of it and isn't doing a damn thing to change it, so whilst yes, it was initially her parents fault, shes old enough to make a change.

I wonder if it is more that she didn't feel able to walk the mile? It might have been physically very hard work for her, plus if she is anything like other people I know, will have regularly had abuse hurled at her while walking along the road :-(

good point except if she had been in a boot camp designed for her to exercise as well as learn about food, she would have had the energy to walk one mile. xxx

I feel for her, and she has tried to get help by going to America to lose weight, which she did, but obviously her mum isn't helping her if shes just getting her take aways because shes not done the weekly shop!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2153968/Teenage-girl-cut-house-loses-stone-WEEK.html

Surely that has to be a wind up?Someone's stomach couldn't physically take that much food?? :shrug:

I really feel for her. I keep seeing the articles in the daily mail and wonder why anyone would open themselves up for so much ridicule. It must be awful seeing those things written about yourself :( I hope she gets the help she really needs. Her mother clearly needs help too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->