Does anyone know how I can become more energetic?

hayley1989

Mummy, daddy and evelyn
Reaction score
Since having lo iv been constantly tired and lethergic, not because of broken sleep cause evie is a great sleeper. Im just always tired and have no drive to do anything. Its getting really depressing as all I seem to do is sit on my ass! Getting ready to go out feels like a massive mission and I just cba to do it! I hate being like this as I knw its getting me oh down too :( any ideas would be gratefully accepted and tried! Xx

What's your diet like hun? This plays a major role in your energy levels.

Urm pretty rubbish. I rarely eat breakfast cause I don't have time then don't east lunch till around 2 and dinner is usually only when I can be bothered to cook! X

It sounds to me as though your diet could do with some work. Energy is predominantly provided by carbohydrates i.e. bread, rice, pasta, cereals etc. A balanced diet would be ideal, but if you are lacking in time try to make small changes. Start off with having a couple of slices of wholemeal bread with olive spread for breakfast, a sandwich for lunch and perhaps pasta for dinner?

Hope this helps hun and keep us updated. :thumbup:

also exercise increases you energey levels so a walk a day is a good start
x

I'm the same at the mo and its getting worse now winters here. Its something to do with melatonin or seratonin levels in the brain. I get SAD anyway so light (or lack of it) plays a big factor with my moods. I have trouble sleeping at night but could happily sleep all day!
I've started taking my multi vits again as I felt fine when I was pregnant, I was taking pregnacare which was brilliant. I must admit since having LO I've not really looked after my health, more to do with focusing on her needs. Some days I dont eat breakfast or lunch. Do you have any interests? anyone you know that can come round and take you out for the day? I know that when I have finally pushed myself to go out, I do feel tired at first, but then i feel invigorated and don't actually want to go back home lol Its that step outside thats the hard.

There are several factors that can make you less energetic:

- Bad diet. Are you having enough fruit and veg? Avoid ready meals and high in fat/sugar/salt. Try to eat several times a day and not a big quantity, get up from the table feeling a little hungry still (not long after you will feel full, it takes a while for the brain to get the message of being full and eating too much can leave you lethargic)

- Lack of exercise. There is nothing as good for increasing your energy levels as exercising. If you don't, try to make time for 30 minutes from 3 to 5 or even 7 times a week. Make it a priority. When tired tele and sofa can seem appealing but you will be glad if you exercise.

- There is nothing that eats up energy so much as worry stress or anxiety. If you suspect you have any of these, first consult with doctor, and then look at ways of removing it from your life. Meditate, get a CBT handbook... and do little things to give you some me time and relax: have a nice bath, a walk, a drink with a friend, read a good book ...

- Have some tests done to make sure you have no vitamin deficiencies. This can make you feel very tired.

I can't think of anything else, hope this helps. XXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->