Does having Symptoms Really mean the baby is healthy?

with my son i had motion sickness, sore boobs, sleeping was hard, lots of gas ect

With my 2 mc's i had no pregnancy symptoms

With this pregnancy sickness just kicked in, have sore boobs, lots of gas and its hard to sleep.

It will be different for every women, my next door did all that science stuff in Uni and the first thing she said to me when i said i was sick was means the baby is doing well. But who knows

I think its a Myth personally and something maybe your doctor or midwife just says to reassure you tbh. Ive had 4 perfectly healthy boys and one MMC. With 2 of my boys i had no symptoms what so ever, other 2 had the sore bbs and MS, with my loss i had mild sickness.. :shrug: With this pregnancy ive had waves of nausea thats it.

I had ms with my last pregnancy up until 12 weeks. We then found out at the scan (I was 14 weeks at thispoint) that the babys heart had stopped at week 7 :(

my ms this time round is twice as bad and I am way more tired this time round, but it still isn't enough to reassure me. I am dreading my scan next week, DH may have to drag me there by my hair!

It rained on our wedding day and I fell pregnant two months later! Have had very sore breasts, no energy and sleeping a lot! Bad morning sickness or all day nauseous, I don't even feel 'normal' anymore! The only way I am getting through this while nervously waiting for my booking in appointment is that it is all good signs! 9weeks today! :happydance:

lol i hope not as i dont have any symptoms whatsoever xx

Sounds like an old tale to me..

You have symptoms because of the hormones going mad not because your baby is healthy. :flower:

with my son i had motion sickness, sore boobs, sleeping was hard, lots of gas ect

With my 2 mc's i had no pregnancy symptoms

With this pregnancy sickness just kicked in, have sore boobs, lots of gas and its hard to sleep.

It will be different for every women, my next door did all that science stuff in Uni and the first thing she said to me when i said i was sick was means the baby is doing well. But who knows

I had horrendous symptoms with both my MC's and so sickness or symptoms with my first happy, healthy son so i think its a bit of a fib, another one to worry mummys to be!

They better mean SOMETHING im not doin this pukin thing for kicks and giggles!:nope:

Sadly, it was not true for me. I had bad ms with my first and she is now a happy, healthy 3 year old. My ms was just as bad - maybe a little worse - with second and he had downs syndrome. I lost him 2 weeks before ultrasound and didn't know. I finally had a d&c because I couldn't handle pregnancy symptoms knowing the baby didn't survive.

On the flip side, a friend had a m/c at the same time I did. She never had ms, no symptoms at all. Ultrasound revealed her sac was empty. She probably didn't have the hormone shifts to make her sick. I DO believe that the symptoms are a sign of your body doing all the right things and preparing for a 9-month guest.

Best of luck! Congratulations on your little one. :hugs:

I don't know if it's a sign of a healthy pregnancy but I believe that it shows that my hormones are at a good level to sustain my pregnancy which is what my doctor also said.

I like having symptoms (even though I feel like crap!) as I had a miscarriage the first week in feb and I'd had no symptoms at all so it's very comforting for me xx

You can have symptoms and still mc, and on the other side have no symptoms and have a very healthy pregnancy and baby. HOWEVER, the statistics show that women with morning sickness are 30% less likely to miscarry. Doesn't mean that you will or won't if you do or don't have it, just that it is less likely to turn out for the worse if you have morning sickness.

https://midwifeinfo.com/articles/is-morning-sickness-a-sign-of-a-healthy-pregnancy

I don't believe so - I had terrible MS with my first pregnancy last year and everyone kept saying it was a good sign, well it wasn't for me - when I got to my 12 week scan I was diagnosed with a blighted ovum. I had the same thing again with my second pregnancy also, so for me symptoms mean nothing :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->