Does it frustrate anyone else

P

Pandora11

that there are places like Wilko/supermarkets/cheaper places that are selling some lovely Christmas gifts, yet you know that the people you have to buy for are too snobby to appreciate it, even if it was really nice?

Every year we struggle with sil/ils because they have the cash to buy what ever they want, and we find it hard to get them things they will like and appreciate. Yet, no matter how much we spend or how much thought went into choosing it, we get the same ungrateful/uninterested comments. Every year we joke about getting them a 'we donated x amount in your name to x charity', but haven't got the guts.

This is why i love kids, they are so grateful at xmas, they don't sit their checked where it came from or how much it costs... i'm stressed and haven't even started shopping yet!

Yes yes yes! A lot of the adults in my family seem to be so ungrateful and expect so much for Christmas. I personally love little Christmas gifts and think that any present is special because someone bothered to buy you one! Last year my sister did a list for the family and there was nothing on there under £100. Personally I think that is too much to spend on a gift for someone, especially when you have so many people to buy for.

To be honest I don't think they will be happy no matter what I buy them, so now I make little hampers and everyone gets the same sort of thing at the same price. I love Christmas but i'm not willing to become skint to please others. They should be grateful for what they get!

I can actually say no, not at all.
And to be honest, money throughout my side of the family is fairly free flowing in general.

My parents are pretty well off and money for them is really no object, but they would be happy with anything if thought was put into it.

My brothers & sisters, although all have young children do all have a reasonable amount of money to spend, but we all look for value for money. I see it that, if I can get it half price, they can have twice as much!

My in laws don't appreciate anything that is bought for them (no matter how much money is spent or how thoughtful the gift is), but really thats just because they don't like me and nothing their son does is good enough. I do normally put alot of thought into their presents, because I just can't help myself. I wish I could just take a bit of a don't care attitude to it all.

Thankfully I don't have people like this, well at least that I don't know of! I feel for you!

I hate people like this! I have an auntie who does it, infact she sends a list of expensive presents out for everyone to buy her weeks before Christmas (including prices, the shops they can be bought in and product codes).
She always buys me the cheapest, tackiest thing she can find too (because she doesn't like me). This year she is getting sweet F.A for being so ungrateful :)

We don't have to buy for anyone that is ungrateful but we have a couple of family members who are very steady when it comes to money but I find them to be very grateful when we give them a gift

Depending on how good we are for money at the time depends on what we spend on people and regardless of if it's been a small token present or something a bit more they have always been very grateful that we have thought of them

I have someone I'm always worried about buying for, but she is always grateful. I think it's more me than her xx

Luckily for me the people that I buy for are in a similar financial situation to us, so they will be buying for us from those places and can't complain about us buying for them from there. The only person who would probably be a bit snobby about it is BIL and I tend to steer clear of mens gift sets anyway. I get him a cookery related gift each year, and usually get it when discounted so he thinks his getting more than he is LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->