Does lots of baby wiggling mean they are happy or sad?

mrskx0x0

Scarlett's Mummy
Reaction score
I hadn't felt hardly any movement at all (anterior placenta :dohh:) until Thursday when I was stressed at work and she started having a party in there. Yesterday was calmer and there was less movement and today (day off) I am feeling not very much at all.

Just wondering if it is a coincidence or if she was telling me off for being silly just like her daddy does?

Probably just a coincedence, I don't think they have the capacity to feel happy or sad in the womb haha! Probably just a more active day practicing the tumbles.

I don't think it has anything to do with emotions, really. Fetal movement can differ from day to day - some days they are more active than others.

Funnily enough I was just reading the section of my book on fetal movement this morning. There is an Australian study that showed that unborn babies were more active when the mothers were watching an emotional film rather than a neutral one.

There was also one in Italy that observed that babies of mothers shocked by an earthquake were more active.

The book suggests that this is just the baby reacting to the chemicals produced by your body as a result of the emotion, and that it's not a negative thing. The baby is not feeling your actual emotion.

My little dude wiggles for both positive and negative emotions I have. He went bananas yesterday when I heard news from a friend that she's pregnant after 6 years trying. I was over the moon!

i've been getting the same.... feeling baby move alot more when i'm working too much at work, think its babys way of telling me to slow down a bit, maybe its same for youu?
x

Thats so sweet, any time my baby moves i hope he's trying to tell me something haha. Ive realised that when im stressed he doesnt move atall..maybe hes trying to make a stand saying if your not happy then im not haha. xx

I have noticed that LO moves around a bit in a moment when I am upset rather than really happy. But, I imagine it may just be a coincidence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->