Does the anger go away?

RedWylder

Reaction score
It's been a week and I can no longer bring tears to my eyes. I feel sad but I can't cry. Instead I feel angry. I'm not sure at who, maybe just life. But I don't like feeling this way. I'm afraid to let on that I'm still so heartbroken about my own loss. No one asks me how I'm doing anymore. I guess I'm expected to move on but I feel like crap and I have a general lack of enthusiasm for life right now.

I know my baby was just a mass of cells and I'm starting to believe that maybe I wasn't even pregnant and I should just move on. I know this sounds so depressing and ridiculous but I just needed some place to vent. Thanks for being here and sharing your own experiences.

Im so sorry for your loss. Welcome to another step in the grieving process. I havent totally hit that yet..in parts yes. I think with time it will ease. Allow yourself to feel these emotions it's all apart of healing. You are not alone. I have basically needed to club my husband for him to "get it" that I am upset, mad, hurt, empty...He is trying. If you have any girlfriends who have been here they may be a good sounding board. :hug: I know how hard this is. It's my first MC and Im totally devastated. :cry:

I found this hope it helps. Understanding the stages has helped me cope in the past.

The five stages of grief:

Denial: “This can’t be happening to me.”

Anger: “Why is this happening? Who is to blame?”

Bargaining: “Make this not happen, and in return I will ____.”

Depression: “I’m too sad to do anything.”

Acceptance: “I’m at peace with what happened.”

It's been a week and I can no longer bring tears to my eyes. I feel sad but I can't cry. Instead I feel angry. I'm not sure at who, maybe just life. But I don't like feeling this way. I'm afraid to let on that I'm still so heartbroken about my own loss. No one asks me how I'm doing anymore. I guess I'm expected to move on but I feel like crap and I have a general lack of enthusiasm for life right now.

I know my baby was just a mass of cells and I'm starting to believe that maybe I wasn't even pregnant and I should just move on. I know this sounds so depressing and ridiculous but I just needed some place to vent. Thanks for being here and sharing your own experiences.

Miscarriage is very traumatic. You can't be expected to feel like clicking your heels after a week, a month, or even years. I didn't think I would be at a point where I could feel better (not back to normal, just better) but I am. I am starting to enjoy more things in life. I spent most of a whole day in bed. I did not want to go out. When I first did venture out of the house, I was scared back into it by the sight of all these pregnant women. I was pretty messed up but I did start to feel things. It helped that I had a supportive husband who listened to me.

My miscarriage started in late September of this year so it is still pretty fresh. Don't be afraid to feel anything or even to talk about things. Your baby might have been a mass of cells, but it was still a baby and you were still a loving mother for that baby, even though the time was brief. I can't tell you how to feel or how you will feel and when, but I do want to tell you that you are among women who understand. I wish you healing and I hope you do find that light at the end of a dark tunnel :hugs:

:hugs:I don't really have anything to say that will help. We are all there with you. I seem to have skipped right on to depression. Yesterday I teared up all day long. Even at things that were not related to my miscarriage. Some days I seem to be wrapped in a cloud of sadness and will want to cry all day about everything.:hugs:

I skip around the stages a lot. At one point I was almost at peace but then I got angry again. Today I'm feeling more depressed.

That's the way it works. No one moves through the stages sequentially. It's all about two steps forward, one step back. I've had days where I think I'm fine, and then suddenly get sad/angry again. Unfortunately, that's the way it works until you finally work through all of the emotions that you need to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->