does this sound like a bad night to you

Do you have a bath, feed, bed routine?? Sound like she doesn't know it's night time?

no real routine i must say. she doesnt like the bath so tend to only do it a few times a week and top and tail her every morning before breakfast. i may start the bath up again but has anyone got any suggestions on how to make her enjoy it more. i find it difficult cause she wiggles so much and cries i worry i will lose grip and so i only do it when there is someone with me (usually my mum).

I want to start doing a bedtime routine as at the moment we have no real plan at night. she sleeps ok during the day something like 3 2hr naps. we dont follow the easy routine as she tends to fall asleep after food so i change and play before her bottle then she goes to sleep for a couple of hours and we start again.

she just her lunch at 1 so probably wont eat again until 4:30 -5. what should i do tonight as it is a little early for a bedtime then?

Make the temp slightly higher than the recommended temp but make sure It's not too hot by testing with your elbow. I always thought my baby hated baths but he just hated the cold water now he loves it!! He's had a bath every day since day 1

When you put her in warm a facecloth with warm water and put that on her tummy.

Or just get in the big bath with her

It sounds rough Hun. However at least she slept a bit more than usual right? Depends on baby, for us that would have been a disaster night... Try the bath bottle bed. I do it every single night because my baby cries and fusses alot and the bath calms her so much! Every night at 8pm. Then she eats and is down for the night. I only go into her room for feeds and last night I forgot her 11pm feed and she went to 330am! From 8pm. So thinking maybe she dropped it. Gonna see tonight. My dd never wakes before 4.5-5 hrs for night feeds so I only have one during the night and she's back to bed right after. No awake time. I swear it's the bath!!! Try it!!

i will do it again tonight. so if she eats at 4:30 - 5. she will be looking for food around 8:30? so should i bath her before her bottle? sorry i am just not very good at this. is 3 2hr sleeps during the day ok for a 7 week old?

Start the whole bath, massage, bottle an hour before you think she'd want a bottle, so she's not hungry (and angry!) By the time you start.

weve had a bath massage bottle routine since 6 weeks she loves the bath and always does the trick x

thank you. i will try it tonight.

Sounds a normal night to me. I think in future I'd be waking her for a bath and feed before putting her to bed though. Make the bath warmer than those stupid thermometers tell you to as they're bloody cold! I always bath in front of the fire too and warm the towels.

Make the temp slightly higher than the recommended temp but make sure It's not too hot by testing with your elbow. I always thought my baby hated baths but he just hated the cold water now he loves it!! He's had a bath every day since day 1

When you put her in warm a facecloth with warm water and put that on her tummy.

Or just get in the big bath with her

This definitely!!

I was so adamant on getting it to the 'perfect' temp, even with a floating thermometer. Waste of time, it needs to be warm....almost very warm!

I also do the wash cloth on her tummy when it's bath kick about time (after I've washed her little bod!)

i will do it again tonight. so if she eats at 4:30 - 5. she will be looking for food around 8:30? so should i bath her before her bottle? sorry i am just not very good at this. is 3 2hr sleeps during the day ok for a 7 week old?

What I do is this: make sure all feeds land so she eats at 5pm and then 8pm. So by 730pm I head upstairs for bath, message in her room with dim lights and sound machine on. She eats at 8pm then in bed for the night. Usually I go in again at 11pm to dream feed but last night I forgot and she went from 8pm-330am! So it's one night feed. In your case of she wakes, either feed or comfort her depending on the time and back in her bed. I can't believe how much it helped my dd. I thought they were too young for routines but I was wrong! It's perfect.

worst night yet...and its only 5am! Bella didnt sleep until 1am and she fed at 5, 8:30 and 11:30. nothing helped bath massage rocking her pat and shhhsh. she eventually fell asleep out of sheer exhaustion. she woke at 3 and i fed her at 3:15 but she projectile vomited the whole bottle. she is so congested so am starting to think that maybe she does have reflux? either that or we overfed her which i think is a strong possibility. she fell asleep around 4am with dummy and white noise but keeps waking up all congested. her crib was already elevated but i have elevated itveven more. ii picked her up and she instantly fell asleep on me.....

Can barely keep my eyes open while i write this so going to have a nap while she is!

Aww, sorry you had a bad night. I would say that the whole bath, story, feed routine never worked for me - every time i tried it she had a terrible night. Does she have decent naps during the day? It sounds like she could be overtired. If my LO doesn't have her daytime naps she is less likely to sleep at night. Sometimes I have 'restart' her by letting her sleep on me so she gets decent sleep, so it's then easier for her to go to sleep on her own later on.

If she is congested have you tried saline drops? They helped loosen mucus.

IMO, it doesnt sound like a bad night for her age. My LO woke every 2 hours on the dot until about 10 weeks. After that it was 3.5-4 hour stretches.

I sat in the bathroom with her with the shower on. the steam seems to help a little. will do it again at dinner time and then at bedtime and see if it helps. she slept sort of from 4am - 8:45am but she sounded soo congested and straining to pass wind i couldnt sleep at all. kept checking to see if she could breathe ok. if i knew what was actually wrong with her i could deal with it but some gps say colic some say silent reflux...i have no idea

I sat in the bathroom with her with the shower on. the steam seems to help a little. will do it again at dinner time and then at bedtime and see if it helps. she slept sort of from 4am - 8:45am but she sounded soo congested and straining to pass wind i couldnt sleep at all. kept checking to see if she could breathe ok. if i knew what was actually wrong with her i could deal with it but some gps say colic some say silent reflux...i have no idea

maybe get a humidifier? i think you need to get to the GP this sounds a lot like reflux and trust me it takes a long time to get diagnosed so best get the ball rolling!

yeah we have our second session with the osteopath tomorrow and plan on making an app with the gp too. she is sooo sleepy today she barely took any of her 1pm feed normally takes 5/6 oz and she took just less than 4 this time. I am starting to get worried about her.

Aw Hun I'm sorry just chalk it up to a bad night and hopefully tomorrow will be better. Why won't your dr give meds for reflux? If that's it, she is just suffering for nothing and can be helped so easily. I've known babies turn around completely after starting meds. Call your dr Hun poor baby is very uncomfortable

They just think everything will get better on its own in time 3/4 months is what i am constantly told. she does seem to be swallowing something but it doesnt seem to be making her cry just a bit uncomfy. she takes her bottles fine normally and burps ok. I keep thinking its reflux but what will the medications do for her?

Well the meds will just prevent the reflux from burning her on its way back up. My dd is on zantac for suspected reflux but my dr said there isn't any harm its a very common med and it can only help. I've seen improvements and I'm sure she would be alot worse without. Gabrielle fights her feeds so Im pretty sure it's some form of reflux. She'll eat but sometimes it's a fight. Very soon all this shit will be a distant memory for us both so hang in there mamma. Definately call your dr though because that degree of congestion needs to be checked out. My dd had a crap night too after having done 7 hrs night before lol. What can u do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->