does this sound like a bad night to you

well i tried the bath massage bottle routine again tonight and it was awesome. made the light really dim and had some lovely lullaby music on. we bathed her in her room. i made the bath quite deep and warmer than previously. she seemed to really enjoy it as well as the massage after. she whined after about half an hour wanting her bottle but other than that it was lovely and relaxing. she fell asleep on the bottle and she is sleeping in her crib now. even though she may be up in an hour and we could have a hellish night i can at least say that bathtime was enjoyable. i will let you know how the rest of the night goes tomorrow. i am praying for only one wake up and feed as she has eaten 22oz already today!

Mmm I would say at that age 6.30 bed is too early! I would try more naps during day and a later bed time! I've not read other responses so sorry if somebody's already posted this . X

she went to bed at 8:45. she woke up at midnight sounding like she was really struggling to breathe. it freaked me out so we called nhs 24 who sent us to the out of hour gp
we were home by 3. she was fast asleep and slept until 5ish. she was asleep again by 6am and is still asleep now. the gp said she has a cold but hes not worried. she is sneezing a lot of crap out of her nose but she did sleep 3 hours then 2 (by time we got home) and then hopefully another 3-3.5 if she wakes up in time for her next feed.

I will continue with the bedtime routine and see if/when she drops one of her night feeds. i slept with her so i have had 7 hours tonight albeit broken but thats pretty good for us!

Get some calpol saline nasal spray... I've noticed a HUGE improvement in sleep and feeding/spit up/choking since I've had something to help with his congestion. It makes all the bogeys and snot runnier and makes them sneeze it all out. He is far happier now he can breathe (though not while I'm spraying it up his nose!)

Oh no that sound like a horrible night! Do you think it's a cold or is she just really congested. This is starting to sound more and more like an allergy or reflux the congestion and difficulty to breathe are symptoms.

the doc said a cold. she is sneezing and there is a fair amount of crap up her nose. she coughs sometimes too. I am going to continue with the steam and saline nasal spray and see what happens.

I got 7 hours sleep all in so i woke up feeling ok. She is still sneezing and a little congested but not as bad as she was. i am hoping tonight she will do the same (minus the doctor visit) and sleep from 9pm to 9am with teo night feeds. that would be grand!

Amazing jessy! Keep up the bedtime routine no matter what. Eventually she'll go with it. My dd always goes to bed after her 8pm bath and bottle but last night she refused and stayed awake until her next feed at 10pm! Whatever. I doing my same routine again tonight, last night was a bad night that's all. She never did that before but newborns are unpredictable like that so just roll with it. No matted what though keep that same routine. They love consistency, it makes them feel safe knowing what comes next.

another awful night. she slept from 8:30 after her bath until midnight. woke up, fed and was asleep again by 1am. she then woke at 2:30 and refused to sleep and cried alot. My oh fed her at 4 but she refused to sleep i took over at 5 and just put her in her crib. she thrashed about a bit and then fell asleep until 7ish. the bath seems to work well to get her to sleep for a few hours but the rest of the night is a disaster! i dunno what to do anymore i feel like a broken person

I will take your hubby's idea of a bad night and swap it for mine! To sleep at 8 and slept til 1(not so bad), but then up at 3, 5, 7 & 9, each time he laid there for 30mins talking to himself& banging his legs hard on the mattress! This wouldn't be so bad except that we are flying to Australia tonight & now I am exhausted!

sounds like a great night! id b happy with that night lol

last night for e.g................. fussing until 11.45pm. slept one hour! up then until 3.15.slept 45mins, up at 4am then awake until 7am which is when my toddler woke up!!

sounds like a great night! id b happy with that night lol

last night for e.g................. fussing until 11.45pm. slept one hour! up then until 3.15.slept 45mins, up at 4am then awake until 7am which is when my toddler woke up!!

yip i had a similar night to this!

was it a full moon last night?? haha

she is not sleeping today at all unless she is in the car. she seems to wake up fart lots and then fuss until we cant take it anymore and stick her in the car.

Just a suggestion. Not sure what formula she is on but since I switched my dd to lactose free she seems much much better no gas. Apparently the dr said that lactose is difficult on baby's digestion and therefore creates more gas and tummy troubles. So, it's not the best idea for a baby that's already very gassy... Maybe that's the problem? Poor baby though. How the hell is she supposed to go on without sleep?! My dd cab also have bad days but her nights are completely different.

she is on comfort milk which i believe has reduced lactose. i am starting to think she may have an allergy as she has explosive poos and it smells like sour milk (I have heard these are symptoms). ach who knows anymore. cant make a gp app for another few days boo.

Comfort milk is not the same as lactose free. My dd was also on a reduced lactose formula and her gas was bad. Once I switched completely to lactose free there's been a huge difference. I say you try it. It can't hurt. My friends suggested it as they had colicky babies and it worked then my pediatrician said to switch and see also and I'm very glad I did!

if i was you i would get some pepti milk (the gow and gate one) it's dairy and lactose free and if she is much better on that you can go to the GP and get it prescribed.

i think what your LO has is more than just wind

the osteopath doesnt seem to be working. she still thinks i need to try her on probiotics. i am going to end up needing therapy cause i am honestly losing my mind.

have you spoken to your health visitor? you need to.

the only way i got anywhere last week is by totally losing it and breaking down with my HV i told her I am starting to feel depressed because I feel I am failing my baby, i love him I think he's a delight and I wouldn't trade him even though i have never had more than an hour sleep in the last 6 months, but he's uncomfortable and there is nothing I can do to help them and the GPs who are supposed to help keep making me feel like a neurotic mother.

give your HV a call right now and talk to her, you can't carry on like this.

i also tried the osteopath but if your baby has reflux / an allergy there is nothing that osteopath is going to be able to do to help.

please give her a call.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"