Does your mind set affect IVF success?

PatientMum

Reaction score
Dear ladies, do you think/have any experience showing that a negative mind set (excessive worrying, doubts and concerns) can stop embryos from implanting?

Has nobody ever wondered about that? I tend to worry and am the kind of person who needs to have everything under control to keep calm, which of course, is usually not possible. Things get worse after an ETfor some reason, perhaps because I have absolutely no power to control what’s going to happen. And when I get a BFN or miscarry, I tend to blame myself for discouraging the embryo with all this worrying. Do you manage to keep calm and happy during your 2WW and do you think mind has the power to make the embryo give up implanting due to all this worrying and pessimistic thinking?
I worry about anything pretty much, that’s out of my control. I don’t trust things going well without my intervention or some kind of an effort, which is crazy, I know.
Appreciate your views.

Hey PatientMum, so sorry to hear your struggle. Infertility is pretty damn hard, my heart breaks for everyone else who is going through it.
I can only speak for myself regarding your question. During my 2WWs, I was often anxious and nervous, thinking about it all the time, which in turn made me stressed and angry with myself. Like you, I thought all the stress that I was creating would hurt my chances, and this made me really hopeless and furious. So no, I cannot say that I was calm and happy during my 2WW for this pregnancy (it was a FET), but I think at some point I accepted that the result was out of my control either way and didn`t get angry with myself for being nervous, but instead accepted that it was only natural to be nervous.
Im sorry if it wasnt helpful, but please be gentle with yourself no matter what. I do believe in positive thinking and all the good things it can bring
Hugs xxxx

Dear BT, it is very helpful. Thank you very much. You are very wise. Acceptance is the way to go, I know that but sometimes I struggle to accept things...
Having said that, I have a rather bizarre piece of news to report that I also struggle to accept. I got a BFP this morning. It is a shock! I am also spotting and I thought it's the start of my period. And maybe it is.
I did spot twice in the past with a BFP and it always ended in a M/C, so I do not expect it to be much different this time around.
What is good though is that I though I had thwarted my chances with negative thinking and perhaps it didn't play any role after all. I thought I was completely out because all cramping stopped about four days post transfer and symptoms I started to feel (hunger, fatigue...) and that I knew from my previous BFPs all but disappeared. Ten days have passed since then and there's this second line, out of the blue.
And nothing happened since then, no symptoms emerged, only my period is late, although there is this spotting which has been going on for the past week at least, so I tested just to be sure it's a BFN, and it wasn't. The second line is weaker than the control line but it is fairly clear. It is 14dp4dt.
I don't know what to think. I am bracing for another M/C... But I am somehow happy and grateful at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->