Does your toddler have toys in their bedroom?

Eleanor ace

Reaction score
As the title says :).
DS doesn't have toys in his bedroom, he has a playroom which he plays in during the day, but I'm considering putting toys in his room to encourage him to stay in their for longer in the morning (I'm getting desperate :wacko:). If your child has toys in their room, do they still go to bed OK or do they want to stay up playing? Do they wake up earlier to play?
:flower:

My LO always has. She had a toy (or two) in her crib when she was smaller- and since having a toddler bed, she'll play with her stuffed toys in her room happily till she's ready to fall asleep. She likes snuggling with them too. She only really has stuffed toys though (some books too)- but that's what she tends to enjoy playing with most :) I've heard her in her room in the morning singing or talking to her stuffies... it's pretty cute!

It's never kept her up- it's just kept her busy. She's always needed a good amount of downtime though before she was ready to pass out- so it's nice she has them in there to keep her busy :)

I'm sure it varies by kid- might be worth a try though. If your worried about his being too active- maybe just limit the toys- and change them out every few days so it's new and different for him ;)

Yes we've also got a play room but their bedrooms have toys in too....

They both know that when they are in bed they have one book one teddy and that's it, no getting out of bed to play

They don't play in the morning... Very rarely the youngest will get in with the eldest in the morning for a story x

I honestly don't think there's a room in our flat that's not full of toys:haha:
DS has lots of books and stuffed toys in his room, but he is still in his cot. He has about 5 stuffed toys in the sides of his cot that he plays with in the morning (sometimes) doesn't distract from him going to sleep.

We seem to have toys in every room in the house :blush: In his room it's just cuddly toys and a couple of board books. I have an early riser and in my room I have a ball pit, garage, some cars and books (basically nothing noisy :haha:) so he just plays quietly in there while we doze lol!

No - only books and teddies in the bedroom. No toys as he has his playroom and we keep his bedroom solely for sleeping only. I've always been quite strict on it and prefer to have it without toys or he would want to play all the time!

My house is a playroom hahaha but they have their toys in the playroom and their bedrooms. My eldest who's 5 will sneak toys into bed and play, but generally it's never bothered them as they have always had toys around.
My boys come and and I tell them to go play so I get extra time in bed haha

Yes but only because there's nowhere else for them to go. They get closed up in the closet at night time though.

Yes my lo does but he doesn't play with them for the most part. What keeps him occupied tends to be books, he gets out his books and reads them in the morning. :happydance:

Just wondering if it is an UK thing to have a playroom in your house? I don't know anyone here who has a separate room for their kids to just play in.

So, to answer the question, yes my LO has toys in his room, but we also keep half out in the lounge and switch them back and forth as we spend most time in the lounge during the day. It doesn't affect his sleeping as he's still in a cot so can't get out of bed to play. It never occurred to me that would be a problem though, quiet playing at bedtime sounds okay to me.

Yes but only as storage really. The bedrooms are on the upper floor so most toys that we play with are on the main level. I don't trust him going up and down the stairs just yet :lol: but even if I did there just isn't enough room in their bedroom to store their stuff

He doesn't wake to play but he is also still in a crib (can't trust him at all I'm afraid :rofl:). He will be there until he climbs out or outgrows ;). My eldest was always pretty good at not getting into stuff. She's almost six and to this day doesn't get out of bed until we go into their room in the morning!

Yes toys, never played. Well...thats not true, she MUST have gotten up the other day because when I went to check on her, she had her Mario hat on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 17
We bed-share so it's different, but I definitely have to make sure she doesn't have any toys with her in bed or else it will keep her up.

We have a playroom so all her toys stay in there. I like this setup because she associates her bedroom only with sleeping and she knows when we go to her room at night that it's time for bed.

Yes in Oscars room but he sleeps in our bed so i suppose his bedroom is more of a play room lol.

Most of DSs toys are in his bedroom and we've never had any issues with them interfering with his sleep. We've always been very clear that bedtime is bedtime and not for playing, Occasionally he'll ask for a specific toy to take to bed but he only holds it or puts it on his pillow. He doesn't get out of bed to play or anything like that

Yep, our kids have toys in their rooms. We have toys everywhere...In the living room, in their play room downstairs, in both of their rooms...They like to go back and forth playing in each other's rooms during the day. At night, I can hear them playing with their toys for a little bit before going to sleep, but generally DS2 goes to sleep pretty quickly. DS1 takes forever. But even without any toys, I think he'd just talk to himself and pretend for an hour before going to sleep.

All of LO's toys are in the living room at the moment and it constantly looks like a bomb has gone off. I can't wait for when he's able to go up and down the stairs on his own so I can put his toy boxes out the way (in his bedroom) and only have some of his toys downstairs at any given time! Lol.

Yes, she has toys in her bedroom but we don't have a playroom though. She's still in her cot though at the moment x

All of LO's toys are in the living room at the moment and it constantly looks like a bomb has gone off. I can't wait for when he's able to go up and down the stairs on his own so I can put his toy boxes out the way (in his bedroom) and only have some of his toys downstairs at any given time! Lol.

that's what you think will happen anyways! LOL. I just ended up taking 3/4 of the toys out of the living room last week because I just couldn't take the whole bomb went off in there anymore. I took almost all the toys either down the the play room, or up to their rooms. I only left the train table and a few toys they play with often.

Somehow, toys have been migrating back into the living room all week though....So its going to be a lot of mommy work putting them all back downstairs again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->