Dog advice needed

We have a chocolate labrador and she is the most patient dog ive ever met. She adores my 3yo dd as well as my teenagers and the feeling is completely mutual. I know the risks of leaving dogs with children and id never do it but id honestly trust our dog with my dds life. She is so gentle with her and knows never to just up at her of anything.
I must admit im not normally the one to walk her, that job is left to my dh but when i do, im not great at controlling her but thats only because she gets excited at a new walker, however the other day my dd put her lead on her and was walking her up and down the hall and she was behaving like a show dog, it was so funny to watch.
We're due a new baby in the next few weeks and again i have no issues or worries with her there either. In fact, the only thing i would worry about is if baby starts to cry, i think the dog would try to pick her out of the cot and treat her like a puppy. I can just imagine her walking round carrying the baby by her clothes Like nana from Peter Pan. :rofl:

I see many saying rescue. I disagree as many have issues and I wouldn't take any chances with kids. We've had rescues in the past and they were fine for us but we were able to deal with issues. One of our rescues bit FIL because of her issues.

Rescue is not always a shelter where there is no history. There are plenty of decent places that take in only certain breeds or only surrenders from owners that come with a complete history including if raised with kids, where came from(pet store dog who came out of a puppy mill or back yard breeder JUST in if for money is alot different then a family raised dog.

I have a puppy I got at 9 weeks. Mom was great and the family who had her treated her well from all I can tell(ask about her, tell me stories that match up to stuff she does)

She is FOOD aggressive. I would NEVER trust her with anyone around food as she has snapped at me(not breaking skin)

Getting a puppy is NO GUARANTEE that the dog will grow up ok.

My other dog I got about 2 years ago when she was 3 and she is great minus stealing food but I would trust her in any situation unless fireworks or other loud noise she would bolt before hurting anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->