Dog owners with carpets!!

FlowerFairy

James, Noah, Saskia, Lumi
Reaction score
We have a Ridegback-Labrador cross and he's 10 months old and moulting really badly. My carpets are covered in black dog hairs and I am having to hoover 3-4 times a day!!
Any tips, because it's ruining my carpet. We are even thinking about maybe getting laminate and a rug, would that be easier!
TIA :flower:

My MIL's labrador malts quite a lot. She has laminate through the house and you can still see the hairs they just collect in piles rather than getting stuck in the carpet lol.

I have a Rhodesian Ridgeback and he moults a lot, but I find that if you give him a brush down every morning whilst outside, it really helps to cut it down :) xx

(I have one of those mitt-brushes) xx

I have a Rhodesian Ridgeback and he moults a lot, but I find that if you give him a brush down every morning whilst outside, it really helps to cut it down :) xx

(I have one of those mitt-brushes) xx

Ah thank you! I might get one of those mitt ones. We only have a normal brush and his hair is quite short so I dont think it's the right one for him x
Is your Ridge fully grown? HAve you got a picture or any idea of his weight? We're trying to figure out how much bigger Busby will get, cos he's crated at night and I think we may need to move up a size!! :flower:

invest in a furmintor.. best £30 you will spend! xx

Oooh where do I get one and what is it :rofl:

www.furmintor.com

think you can buy from the website if not any big pet shops should sell them. i know Pets Corner do & think pets at home do.

its a brush that gets all the dead hair off the dog (dead hair is what falls out & ends up on your carpet/furniture/you,etc). we used one on our collie/dalmation/lab.. first time we used we filled 2 tesco bags full of fur & didnt need to hoover for 2 day when we usual hoovered 2/3 times a day. it sll leaves the coat nice & soft.
x

Oooh where do I get one and what is it :rofl:

www.furmintor.com

think you can buy from the website if not any big pet shops should sell them. i know Pets Corner do & think pets at home do.

its a brush that gets all the dead hair off the dog (dead hair is what falls out & ends up on your carpet/furniture/you,etc). we used one on our collie/dalmation/lab.. first time we used we filled 2 tesco bags full of fur & didnt need to hoover for 2 day when we usual hoovered 2/3 times a day. it sll leaves the coat nice & soft.
x

Thank you so much!!! I am getting one of those this weekend xxx

you may find it helps if you brush outside the first few times so you dont end up with fur everywhere in your house..
and if you put the fur outside the birds can use it in their nests :haha:
xx

Weve got a black lab and a black lab cross and they both shed so much hair its unreal. We have laminate and a rug. I hoover once a day and its not to bad. We make sure we brush them outside at least once a week.

Furminate - amazon sometimes have them quite cheap... I've got a collie/german shepherd/terrier cross who can shed for England, plus a black cat who can do the same, a black greyhound (who doesn't shed that much) and cream carpets.

Oh and the hoover's permanently on the intensive clean setting - but basically it's a frantic woosh around when anyone comes calling!

I found laminate worse to be honest - fur-dust bunnies.

Ohh, I have something like that for the horse, also have a tail rake.......my sis says its kinda like a stripping/shedding blade for dogs as it works by pulling the hair out by tension - but it can cut it if used wrong.

This is what I have for the horsies for their manes/tails - but can also be used on coat as use it on feathers.

https://www.headtohoof.co.uk/product-details/c-solo-rake/0,36/

we have laminate but no rug anymore as I got sick of hoovering it. Laminate is sooooooo much easier with dogs!

They have not done but we have actual wood that clips together like laminate. I am not sure what its called but its pretty hard wearing and not scratched it yet (even when she runs like a loony of she hears food)

My lounge is fairly small though and mostly spend time in dining room or kitchen which is vinyl. (they have dented this with claws a bit!!)

Two Dalmatians over here :hi: And the hair shedding is unbelievable!! so unfortunately my advice is just rip um up and chuck um out lol, we have all ready done downstairs, only leaving the bedrooms as only part of house dogs don't go into, we couldn't keep up with the hair, i have to actually use the dog brush on the stairs to get them clean.. cannot wait till thats over :haha: x

Also no scratches on the laminate yet :) and the living room has been down just over a year x

Is that cos the dog lays on the carpet or just cos the dog walks about.. I have a dark brown carpet and Twix has white needle like fur and I have to bring her bed into the front room so she don't just lay on my carpet so stops all that hair, I obviously still get hair on the carpet but its not that bad.

Do you find the paws scratch the laminate? x

Three legged cats can't corner well on laminate - our old place had it, kitty would regularly go full pelt, try to corner and slide smack bang into a wall!
This made me laugh sorry!! Poor 3 legged cat!!
Is that cos the dog lays on the carpet or just cos the dog walks about.. I have a dark brown carpet and Twix has white needle like fur and I have to bring her bed into the front room so she don't just lay on my carpet so stops all that hair, I obviously still get hair on the carpet but its not that bad.

Thanks! We have a tidly house. Its a back to back and there is only one room down stairs which is front room and kitchen and no seperating. The bed is on the carpet now. He lays on the carpet once the kids are in bed, and rolls a round which is why i think so much hair! x
I think we're going to do real wood laminate once we can afford it x

Here is the monkey.... putting his hairs all over my carpet
https://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee282/xxnicxxjd/fba9baac.jpg

Would you believ he's only a puppy!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g