Donating milk

Cattia

Reaction score
HI ladies,

I really want to donate milk this time around. I need to wait until George has settled down with his feeding a bit, as at the moment he is feeding every 1-2 hours and there is no real pattern to it, but I think when we have a bit more of a rythm going I could pump around 6-7 ounces once a day. Do you think that would be enough, and would it matter if I didn't always get time to do it every single day? Has anyone else done this? Also I have given up dairy to see whether it makes a difference to his reflux (it hasn't so far so not sure how long I will carry on) do you think they would mind that? Would it make my milk less nutritious for premie babies? I think my local hospital collects milk from this area, but I don't want to call them until I am ready to start in a few weeks time.

There is also a facebook organization called Human Milk for Human Babies that is global. They give milk from ppl like you to families whos babies need is and cant afford the milk banks. Ive gotten tons of milk from HM4HB...look into it!! And the other FB org. that is like this one is called Eats for Feets...check that out too!

i donated milk to the local hospital i pumped a few times a week and no more than 5oz i was told that was alot as the premie babies dont take much milk :) i emailed them first and didnt start donating for a few months untill i was ready. i dont think i got asked if i was on a special diet just if i was on any meds, had a blood transfusion, caffeine etc
good luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->