• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Done... I 'AM' Mrs K!!

How much more do you have left to do with the invites now?
Ohh I wanna see your shoes, how exciting!

Love your planning thread! Your wedding is going to be beautiful!

Would love to see photos of your invites :) when are you sending them out?

First draft of the invites done...

Ooo very nice! Our range has a peacock feather on too x
Our whole theme is centred around peacocks. But it doesn't make much sense now. The reason we chose that is because the ceremony venue we were going to have has peacocks roaming the grounds, but that venue is closed all o next year so we had to find somewhere else. But we loosely kept the peacock theme. That's why I've put the feather on the invites :)
How much more do you have left to do with the invites now?
Ohh I wanna see your shoes, how exciting!
Well I changed the fonts on the front page for something a bit more interesting and I've started the 'accommodation/travel' page and the 'timeline' page. Just need to sort the layout and find a little poem about gift registry :)
I'll post a pic of the shoes later and you can all tell me your favourites
Love your planning thread! Your wedding is going to be beautiful!

Would love to see photos of your invites :) when are you sending them out?
thank you :)

I'm still designing the invites at the moment. Our invites are little booklet style invites so need four pages in total. Once I've finished them we probably won't print them until closer the date so they don't get lost/ruined. As for sending them out, probably 6-8 weeks before the wedding :thumbup: Gives plenty of people time to RSVP then (although I imagine I'll have to chase a lot of them anyway!)

https://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p507/hotpics2012/B4C00229-AF11-4C3D-B088-31FD0639A735-30991-00003124CA31B302.jpg

https://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p507/hotpics2012/7EC7A5BB-40DD-4967-9559-41E1382DF465-30991-00003124C3091E2C.jpg

https://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p507/hotpics2012/E13594C6-6D8E-4945-8218-E8E7DC1C70FD-30991-00003124BD41BFDB.jpg

I'm not exactly in love with any of them, but then I don't think I'll ever be in love with a low heel :lol: I'd need some funky shoe clips for the white pair (and not sure on the toe), I would never wear the silver pair ever again, and I don't really like the lace pair much at all :shrug: but there isn't much choice really. I don't even want "white" shoes. I want blue one :haha:

I can't find any I like with low enough heel :wacko: it'd seem the only low blue heels are ones that you'd wear to work :/

You haven't got much left with your invites them, your well on your way :)

The first shoes are nice and would be really nice with a shoe clip!
The second ones, are they from next ? I'm not a fan of silver shoes but i seen these in Next or ones very like them and they are really nice!
I'm not a fan of the third ones!

What shade of blue are you looking for ? Ill have a little look for you and see what I can find :)

They're all from Next. I'm most tempted by the first ones out of all of them :thumbup: I really want vibrant blue shoes, like a peacock blue. But all the ones I find are all sky scraper heels (which I don't have an issue with but my OH is only little :lol:)

I'll have a look out for blue shoes for you too :) have you tried places like New Look, Dorothy Perkins etc? I'm going to really struggle to find shoes. I want them to be flat because my OH is only a couple of inches taller than me, and I have size 9 feet... which is a nightmare! Hope you find the perfect shoes soon

Yep, tried them all. New Look, Topshop, Next, Clarkes :wacko:, Dotty P, loads of online places...even eBay!
OH is actually fractionally shorter than me (I'm over 5'10) so no matter what I will be taller than him, just don't want to be 'too' much taller. That, and my dress is only long enough for a couple of inches of heel :lol: I'm size 8 so I sympathise on the shoe nightmare scenario. So many shops class a Euro41 as a UK8 when it's actually a UK7.5 :hissy:

Invites are done :happydance::happydance::happydance:
Well, the insides are done. I've still got to do the outers and then stitch them all together, but the hard bit is done :thumbup: I can always rope my BMs into helping me put them all together :)

I had a quick search and couldn't find much but how about getting a pair from somewhere like Rainbow Club where they dye the shoes! I don't think they are exactly cheap but maybe worth it if its something you really want!!

https://www.rainbowclub.co.uk/the-colour-studio/choose-your-colour/

Woohoo the invites were quickly finished! You must be well on your way now with ticking things off your to do list!

Wow yeah, they're too expensive. I've had some other ideas on the shoes front. Just waiting for an email ;)

Done quickly? I've not written the names out or anything. I've literally just designed the pages ready for printing. First page is the one I showed you the other day, second page is the 'menus' for the guests to choose from, third page is address and map of the venue and the address of our wedding website again, and the last page is this poem:

In a wedding invitation,
You usually find some lists,
For venues, menus and hotels,
And also for the gifts

But this one is unusual,
It comes in a different way,
As we're not asking for presents,
But for something else today

Now please don't think we're selfish,
Or that this comes from greed,
But we've lived together for a while,
So there's not that much we need

We would appreciate help though,
To send us on our way,
And allow us to have our honeymoon,
In a land quite far away

So now the point of all this rhyme,
The thing that we would like,
Isn't towels, toasters or microwaves,
But pounds and pence alike

And now you know the reason,
Behind this cheeky accord,
Please help to give us memories,
Of a dream honeymoon abroad

But we've tweaked it in a few places :thumbup: The actual invites still need printing and cutting and folding and 'stitching' together, and made out to each guest. Far from finished, but the design is done, and it means I can order the RSVP cards now :)

Just quickly folded and stamped up the 'cover' of an invite...

https://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p507/hotpics2012/CD04C831-FCF1-48D0-8923-7C7AFE0FB64C-31445-0000318C31C20391.jpg

Yea I seems only the other day you were saying you hadn't done much with them!
That poem is fab! And I LOVE the outside with the little stamp, looks great!

Ohh cant wait to hear about your shoes now :happydance:

Haha, yeah, I have done them in a few days I guess (started them on Wednesday) but I spent a couple of hours at a time doing them. Probably taken me 4-5 solid hours in total :wacko: Inagine how much that'd cost if I asked a designer to design them? Admittedly they'd look better but still. So far I've spent £20 on them (for 50 invites and envelopes, stamps, and ink! The stamps have been the most expensive!!)

Still waiting for an email back about the shoes. Probably won't get a response on a Sunday :lol: but if it does come to something then that's going to be another secret surprise I'm afraid (along with my brooch bouquet :thumbup:)

Love you poem! And good luck with the shoes......I have my fingers crossed :)

I have been looking around online also, my oh was asking me yesterday why all of a sudden I want a pair of blue shoes, lol!

MY oh is exactly the same height as me so I am going for flats. Haven't found anything I like yet (that is in my budget!). I want sparkly shoes but they are all really pricey :(

:rofl: bless your OH. Thank you for looking for me though :)

I've had an email back about the shoes :wacko: This idea might be on hold for a while. Haha

That is so cheap! I wish I would have the time to make our ourself! I'm deffo going to do the order of the day ourselves and I thinking of having mad libs which ill do myself so them bits ill save some money on :)

Ohh I so want to know about your shoes haha, ill have to wait and see what you decide :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->