• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Done... I 'AM' Mrs K!!

And so much for 'no more wedding buys until the new year'...earlier today we bought OHs ring and this evening I snapped up a bargain pair of earrings for me..

His ring (he finally found one he liked!!):

https://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p507/hotpics2012/93A4F1B9-4125-49AC-B0D8-24F117FF66AD-2380-0000031D4424B6DA.jpg

And the earrings - Dower & Hall sterling silver and freshwater pearl drop. Reduced in the Amazon Black Friday deals from £120 to £28!!!! Even if I don't like them for the wedding, I don't mind for only £28 :lol:

https://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p507/hotpics2012/9A8B0D15-D52B-4605-9B17-95BB13736AD6-2380-0000031D48EF5CDB.jpg

Told you you wouldn't last :haha:

They're beautiful hun and much nicer at the bargain price lol x

I somehow got a week ahead of myself. I'm not meeting my BMs this Wednesday afterall :lol: So I'll have to go through 'MIL recovery' by myself :brat:

Love the ring, where is it from if you don't mind me asking, going to show it to OH!
Earrings are beautiful to, and such a bargain!

Ohh Noway, you'll just have to keep hold of it all to tell them and of course let it all out to us :haha:

Love the ring! It looks very similar to the one my OH wants. He likes the matt finish and he wants a palladium ring. The earrings are gorgeous too... and what a bargain!

You can go through the MIL recovery with us :flower:

Ooooh, I love your oh's ring, and your earnings are beautiful!

The ring is off Amazon too :thumbup: I'll let you know what it's like when it arrives. KittieB, they do some Palladium rings on Amazon but most are Titanium like this one. OH didn't want a gold (or white gold) ring because he owns a garage and is very hands on. A gold ring would have got damaged easily. Plus he won't be wearing it most of the time so needed something that would stand up to being chucked about :rolleyes:

I'm seriously dreading tomorrow :lol: OH has pep talked me already because he knows I'm not looking forward to it. I think I'll spend this evening online with OH looking for things we like/don't like. More emphasis on the things we don't like (because that's everything MIL does like. Haha)

Have you got the link to the ring? I've just been looking for OH to try and get an idea of what we likes! I don't know to get his from wherever I get mine made or get his separately!

Good thinking with getting what you like and don't like! Bring up your OH too if she goes on about something you don't like say your OH doesn't like that and you agree with him!

There's always someone that likes to step in the way of things isn't there :haha:

I just searched for 'men's brushed ring' and loads of different styles come up :thumbup: This wasn't OHs first choice but it was my first choice so he got talked into it :rofl: It helped that his favourite wasn't available in his size. Haha!!

I use OH as my defence a lot. MIL just thinks I'm making it up or that I've told him to say things :dohh: For instance, MIL wants us to to give DD a fringe. Neither of us like fringes, but OH is particularly against them. MIL was showing my pictures of little girls with fringes the other day (even though we've told her before that we don't like them) to try and convince me to give LO one for the wedding. I told her its not happening, but she kept going on, so I told her that even if she did crack me she'd never crack OH. She actually said to me 'oh yeah, as if he cares what hair L has' :shock::shock: Needless to say, OH put her straight last week when she brought up the fringes AGAIN :dohh:

And now you can see why I'm dreading the flower meeting tomorrow :dohh::lol:

OH went or a suit fitting today....no word from him yet. No news is good news, right?

Only kind of. We agreed he was having dark grey tailcoat with matching colour waistcoat and his groomsmen were having the same but with light grey waistcoats. His Dad went along too though and he gives an oompa loompa a run for his money on height stakes so hoping he hasn't gone for tails. Lol

Ohh my word your MIL sounds delightful :haha: can't believe the fringe thing!!
Haha I asked my OH what kind of ring he'd like and he just said completely plain, then I showed him one like you've got for your OH and he liked that (which I love) so we will see!

Any news on the suit shopping yet?
:rofl: or let's hope if he does he doesn't look that bad in it hahaha!

OH is home, but hasn't shown me pics yet. His Best man has been messaging me though and he likes the choices and has confirmed they've put a deposit down. But wrong that I'm getting all this info from the best man and not directly from my OH :rolleyes:

TOTAL BRIDEZILLAAAAAA MOMENT

so, OH showed me his suits. Lovely. But despite our conversation in the morning (OH in dark waistcoat matching the jacket and everyone else in a lighter grey waistcoat) he for some reason decided on a SILVER patterned waistcoat :wacko: Now I know what you're thinking. He doesn't get a say in what I wear so why should I tell him what to wear. Well, that's because I'm right and he's wrong :lol:

Anyway, getting to the Bridezilla moment...I went into town today to do a couple of errands and whilst I was there I just "popped" into the suit hire place, you know, to have a look in person. Well, once in there, and once I was chatting to the girl on the counter, I was informed that I could 'change' their order without telling the boys. And then when it came to it they could just tell him that they didn't have the silver one in his size :muaha: They were so lovely there, but also very naughty for telling me to do that :lol: I must have sounded bonkers to the staff though, going in and changing everything they'd decided yesterday. Haha!

The good news though was that the flowers meeting with MIL wasn't as painful as I expected. And she is going to embrace our centrepiece idea and take away the stress for me :happydance: The bad news is my MOH was expecting me and my BM at her this evening :dohh: but we've sorted that now. Haha

And that's my day. Has been very productive all in all :)

OMG :rofl: that is SOOOOOO something I would have done too :lol: I love how the assistants TOLD you to do it :haha:

Glad that the MIL wasn't TOO bad! X

She actually did. She said that her OH refused the wear pink so she changed his order without telling him :rofl::rofl: she showed me her wedding pics too for some ideas of how the groom can stand out etc. She was really lovely. The poor lad was just looking at me like I was nuts :lol: but he was right there chiming in when we were talking about changing the order. Haha

This is possibly the best thing I've ever heard :rofl: how funny! When my cousin got married where they had the suits from they wouldn't sort it without the bride being there, they obviously know most men will get it wrong hahaha!!

That's great news it went well with MiL and she's agreed about the centrepieces, I bet that's a massive weight off your mind!

Thats hilarious!! I just love that she TOLD you to change them :) Are you going to do it!?

So glad the flowers went well! And great your MIL has embraced you Centre Piece idea. Yay!!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"