• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Done... I 'AM' Mrs K!!

Exactly. I've asked people to say either yes or no, and so far I've only had 1 yes :hissy: I just need to know. It's not hard. Lol

There's so much I want to get done but i've put a ban on wedding spending :lol: It's my LOs birthday in December and we're having a party for her in the new year so need to pay for all that first, then the wedding is back at the top of my list. Haha. So what can I do in the meantime that costs nothing....??

Edit: going to put my 'to do' list at the top of each page (I have 50 posts per page so might not be at the tops of your pages :lol:) so I can keep it updated easier. This isn't up to date. I've just copied it from page 1. I'll update tomorrow :)

To Do List
Dress - Done
Bridesmaid dresses – 1 done, 1 having hers made - both chosen individual dresses
Flower Girl Dress - Cardigan done. Dress from Monsoon
Groom suit –
Groomsmen suits –
Flower girl basket - Nearly done...needs contents and handle
Ring cushion/box - MIL making ring cushion :wacko:
Veil, Tiara, Hair piece -Veil done
Jewellry - Necklace done, need earrings, bracelet?
Shoes -
Rings - mine done. Need engagement ring replating
Garter -
Sexy lingerie -
Cufflinks/shoes for groom -
Fragrances -

Ceremony location - Done
Reception location - Done
Registrar - Done
Photographer –Done
DJ/Band -
Cake - Done. Step mum is making
Hair -
Makeup -
Flowers - MIL doing/paying
Accommodation night before and night of -My dads the night before.
Cars -
Figure out guest list - Done
Save the dates - Done
Invitations - Started
Place cards - Started
Seating chart -
Menu -
Thank you cards -

Decorations for ceremony -
Centerpieces for reception - in progress
Decorations for reception -
Car decorations -
Guestbook and pen - Included with the photographer
Confetti -
Cake topper -
Kids entertainment for reception -
Bon bons/favours -
Photo props IE parasols -
Bridemaids survival kits - Ongoing

Music for ceremony/reception - Ongoing
Dance lessons -
Write speeches/Vows -
Readings/Poems for ceremony -
Photo locations -
Ask people to be MC/Do readings/Give you away -
Gifts (BM's/GM's/Parents) -
Hens/Stag night -
Dress alterations -
Honeymoon – Done
Honey moon lingerie & clothes –
List of all vendors phone numbers - give a copy to MOH –
Emergency bag –
Get nails done -
A BRAZILLIAN –
Tan -

Bridal Party
MOH - Done -
Best Man -Done
BM - Done
GM - done

Oops, totally just bought two more wedding items :dohh: I blame the eBay/Etsy app for everything. Haha

Haha that lasted long! What did you get?
Do you find etsy reasonable? Every time I look I find it quite expensive but all I ever see is people saying they find right bargains on there!

:rofl: your as bad as me ... £10 says you buy something weddingy before LO's birthday :haha: x

Hmm, I guess it comes down to you personally as to whether Etsy is priced well or not. Personally I am happy to pay a 'premium' to have something that's hand-made and more likely to be a one off over something that's mass produced and in shops all over the country/world. Not that there is anything wrong with mass produced, but I'd just expect it to be cheaper, iykwim? I've got a few of my BMs thank you gifts off Etsy :thumbup:
And Kel, almost certainly will buy something else weddingy before then :lol: Got a good few weeks to go yet. Haha! Today's purchases were the outers for the invites and some pieces for the men's buttonholes :)

First draft of the invites done...

Attachments

• InvitesDraft.jpg
    InvitesDraft.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 18
Ohh yea I agree with you, I'm more than happy to pay a bit extra for something a bit different and unusual! Ill have to have another look, I think I might just been looking in the wrong places haha!

LOVE the invites, they look beautiful! High standards getting married at Buckingham Palace I have to say :haha:

Haha, well you know, gotta set your standards high :p

Yeah keep looking. Don't forget it changes a lot too so although there not won something you're after one day it might be there the following week :thumbup: I only buy specific items off it though. As in, if I know I want something hand made. I don't shop there for the sake of it.

Latest arrival...

https://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p507/hotpics2012/93467BDC-A347-4700-8DB2-64ED3386B7BF-28178-00002C0C115C6295.jpg

:smug:

They are the first name initials of me, OH, his best man and usher and my MOH and bridesmaid. Not in that order :thumbup:

I was in sainsburys earlier and they are selling 'decorative twigs' for £4 a bunch. They are glittered too which will add a bit of sparkle, but I'm still not sure :wacko: I feel like i'm throwing money at this centrepiece idea and not getting anywhere with it!! It's stressing me oouuutttttt!!!!

MIL doesn't like the flower girl 'basket'. Shock! :rolleyes:

She doesn't like the colour scheme, the STDs, the centre pieces, my bouquet, the cake choice, and now the flower girl basket :rolleyes: I don't really know what she's expecting. I think she wants us to have a standard, straight out of the mould traditional wedding. Obviously there is nothing wrong with traditional weddings, but I'm trying to add a personal touch that reflects us and she doesn't like any of it :wacko: She's doing my head in!!!

I wouldn't tell her about anything to do with the wedding if all she's going to do is criticise everything you do!! I was quite lucky that my MIL stayed out of it ... she got a lot more involved with SIL's wedding than mine thankfully :haha: x

Your flower girl basket is stunning! I love it!

Sod your MIL, just don't tell her anything else.

I'm so lucky my MIL lives in another country :)

Ohh god is she one of them!! Tell her to mind her own :)
That's like my FIL when we said the colour scheme he was like Errr that's disgusting they pink and turquoise don't go together, I asked him if he'd ever seen them 2 colours together and he said NO!!
I think some people have their own ideas in there head how they want YOUR wedding to be!

As for the twigs I don't really know, I'm the least creative person going so I don't really have any advice!

On the outside our wedding is going to be very traditional. There are just a few details here and there that add a little element of 'obscure' and it's those bits she doesn't like!
As for centrepieces, she knows my plans for them yet she keeps talking to me about floral centrepieces as if I've never mentioned anything otherwise :dohh: I have to include her though because she's offered to pay for the flowers (BMs bouquets!!). Bah

And whilst I'm on the subject of centrepieces, I actually think I'm giving up on the candle tree idea anyway :( just everything I try looks naff. So unless the florist can do them, I'll have to think of an alternative :cry:

Plan for today...finish the invites

Well I got further on the invites. By no means finished though. And I've just bought three pairs of shoes :wacko: I think they might all be too high though so will have to wait and see if I like any and if they're suitable. Is there any way I can shrink 2 inches before the big day??? :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->