• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Done... I 'AM' Mrs K!!

The shoes are back on :happydance: I've gone to someone else coz the first lady wasn't exactly very welcoming with my request :/ and this second person is cheaper. Just have to find the right shoes!!

Doing it yourself is the best way to make sure it all ties in. I'm doing the invites, the table names, the place names, the seating plan, the order of the day cards, the madlibs and the 'I spy' photo cards. No way would I have been able to find somewhere who does it all without paying a fortune :wacko: And it means you have total control over the wording etc :thumbup:

:happydance: how exciting, can't wait to see them!!

I know, going to actual companies they charge sooooo much! We got our save the dates from EBay and will get the matching Day invites and RSVPs! So they weren't exactly cheap but a hell of a lot cheaper than going to a proper company!!

Ha, so true. If it wasn't such a saturated market we'd do well to set up our own 'stationary' company :lol: We got out STDs off Vistaprint, so they actually don't match, but I plan to get the RSVPs from there too (I don't have to worry about cutting them and gettin envelopes then) but I'll upload our design onto them :thumbup:

I'm so excited for my shoes :happydance: I think that's gonna be the hardest secret to keep. Haha

Been looking at hairstyles again today (coz it costs me nothing :lol:) and I've come up with these...completely different to my last lot :wacko:

https://bridalmusings.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Demichignonviaidoityourselfviamarthastewart.jpg

https://styles101.homestead.com/UpdoPictures/ccbbig.jpg

https://stylolinks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/bf054a7ad85fa32c_Half_Up_Half_Down_Wedding_Hairstyles_A.jpg

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/--MLsUDCEBtk/TnHoBOdEzeI/AAAAAAAAAuU/9pUZZLtvyFY/s640/Una%2526Christopher+%2528843%2529.jpg

https://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p507/hotpics2012/0376B4D0-2908-4F44-98CA-A45DC26C98E1-33293-0000348EE1A38736.jpg

But I like curls like one of these....

https://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p507/hotpics2012/69A646AB-11C0-4937-AB3C-77AAFC26A076-33293-0000348EDB5A21CF.jpg

https://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p507/hotpics2012/D5E4CE26-6A37-489B-9A97-425CB10A7AD2-33293-0000348E8888AEEB.jpg

https://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p507/hotpics2012/B7AAD4F5-FF46-4FAB-BDAF-7E27CF8FD8AD-33293-0000348E80F9635A.jpg

Our evening invites wont match the rest as there won't be that many people extra at night and most of them will be just being told, e.g. OHs football team will just have an open invite if they want to come or not, some people will just be told on facebook etc so I'm not spending the money on them :haha:
We'd be rolling in it, some of the prices of invites in wedding magazines are like £5 per invite :wacko:

LOVE the hair, espesh the first one and the forth one and I agree the curls in the last couple of pictures are really nice! Are you doing your hair yourself or getting someone to do it ?

Fourth is my favourite too, apart from the curls! I think if I do go for that style then I'll do it myself/get a BM to help. Not spending out loads of money for essentially someone to just curl my hair :wacko: the money I save on having my hair done I'll use to buy extensions so that I have even thicker curls (like the last 2 pics)

We're not doing evening invites either. Well, not like the day invites. Just gonna print it on a piece of paper and won't ask for RSVP or anything. Cutting corners, saving pennies :thumbup:

That is exactly how I'm having my hair! I love the 4th and the 5th! I'm worried about how the curls will stay in though, my hair doesn't normally take well to curls

I live the fourth too. I had no idea how to make curls like that! I'm going to be experimenting next time I wash my hair :haha: x

KittieB, if you use enough and the right products they should hold ok :thumbup:

Kel, I'm not sure how well that curlin technique works if you've got straight hair. It's more to 'enhance' a natural wave. I 'curl' my hair in a similar way but by twisting it into a bun :thumbup: not sure I've got the patients to keep curling it whilst having it hung down over my shoulders. Haha

Good thinking about using the money to get extensions!
I agree with you that I think that way is for already curly hair! I think you'd have to curl it and then do that!
Do you know if your having anything in your hair yet, tiara etc ?

Well I've got a veil so that's the reason for wanting the small bit on top being pulled back, otherwise I don't know how it'd stay in :wacko: but don't know whether to have a slide/clip or tiara (like picture 5)

Yea a veil would sit better with it pulled back a bit!
It does look really nice with the tiara in that picture!
What's your veil like, long, short ?

It's two tier finger tip length. Just plain :)

I love the hair with the bow in :) So pretty! I tried growing my hair for a year so I could have hair like that at my wedding. But once it got past a certain length it was awful and really knotty, so I cut it all off!

Your right , you will need a bit pulled back to clip the veil in. Will look stuning x

Haha my hair is a state. I stupidly bleached it back in April/May and it's been so brittle ever since. Length wise it's ok, I just need to keep trimming the ends though to keep them 'fresh'...shame I hate going to the hairdressers :/

I bit the bullet yesterday and went into a florists to talk 'flowers'! I showed her my centrepiece dream and she wasn't phased by it at all. Said they can do it :happydance::happydance: but MIL has given me a "Wedding Flowers" magazine for me to look through and draw inspiration from, apparently :rolleyes: We are meeting on Wednesday to discuss the outcome...I'm physching myself up for it already. Haha

Aww that is such great news about the centrepieces!
Haha good luck!
Have you got any pictures of how you want the flowers or colours etc yet?

I've turned the corner down on a couple of pages that I like the look of, but nothing that I've gone 'ohmygosh I want that', if you know what I mean?? I dunno. In some ways I wish I'd just said to MIL 'do what you want' but then I know I don't want that. Haha
I'm dreading Wednesday. I don't react well to her turning her nose up at my ideas. She always puts up so much resistance and I want her to just say 'yep, ok, let's do that' :wacko:

I thought I was like that too, I didn't think I could be bothered to sort the flowers, just wanted someone else to sort them, even looked to see if there were places online I could just buy ready made ones from but then once I sat down and just cut out what I liked from a magazine it showed me that nearly all the pictures were the same kind of style, colours etc and that made me want to sort them!

Stand your ground and have what you want, I know the feeling so well though of just wanting to go yea whatever do what you want!

I showed OH the styles of flowers I liked, and he doesn't like them :dohh: I can see this being a long drawn out process. Haha! I've also learnt that we don't seem to be getting a choice in florists. MIL seems to have already decided that her hairdressers mum is going to do all the flowers. And MIL wants me to show her my ideas and then leave it all down to her to organise. To say I'm 'nervous' would be an understatement :lol: The last thing I want is to be disappointed by the flowers on the day. Or is that really selfish and ungrateful? :wacko:

Meeting with my BMs on Wednesday evening too. Partly for recovery from the MIL, partly to discuss hen do. Pretty sure no-one wants to go along with my hen do suggestion so we've got to throw some cheaper ideas around :rolleyes: I've reached the point of not caring about that now. I'll be happy to not have one :lol:

Haven't done anything weddingy for a few days now. Will take inspiration from Lauren and write a short list of things that can be done:

My bouquet - needs completing
Invites - Print a test print
Name cards - finish stamping
Favours - design the 'scrolls'
Order of the day - decide how and design

I'd like to have my bouquet finished before the end of the year, and the table place cards will only take an evening. The rest is computer based, which is time consuming. Which is probably why I've not done it yet. Haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->