Done... I 'AM' Mrs K!!

That's what I'm doing with my bridesmaids, well they are having their hair down and curled with Straightners which one of my bridesmaids is going to do, then I've told them if they want their make up doing they have to pay themselves!

I'm sure it won't be awkward if they get on, it's your wedding day so they'll all be focusing on you :)

Yaaayyyyy for the tax rebate, you deffo need to get your hands on some of that :haha:

I can't wait to see your flower girl basket!

The ring is lush and I like it has 13 diamonds, after all your getting married in 2013 :D

Do you feel your back on a role now? :)

That's what I might say to them. They have both paid towards their dresses (which they're both keeping afterwards) so i'm sure they won't mind paying if they want make-up doing too. Thank you :)

The flower girl basket isn't actually a basket. It's easier to show you a picture though once its done rather than explain it. Should get it done when Missy naps in a bit.

I didn't get any of the name tags done last night either :lol: was waaaay too tired. May e tonight

And I'd never even thought of the 13 diamonds/2013 thing. Trust you to make a connection :lol: all I could think was "unlucky 13"!!!

Definitely on a roll again. If I can just get my hands on that money....:muaha:

My BM's paid for their own hair ... but we have a family friend who is a hairdresser who coincidentally was also my BM and she offered to do everyone's hair for £10 each which was lovely. I used to be a body shop consultant so I asked my old manager if she could do the make up of the BM's and she said that she could for £5 each however they all cancelled that last minute but they did pay for their hairs done x

The flower girl basket:

https://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p507/hotpics2012/E47B4D3E-5C0D-4F7A-8E5D-5053395C6BB8-20502-00001FF6F9337335.jpg

Some of the knots need sorting, and ignore the stuff inside the jar, but basically that's it :) I just don't know what to put in it now :wacko:

PS - please also ignore the state of my living room, and the fact it's an instagram photo. I took the photo through the app. Sorry. Lol

Which way???

https://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p507/hotpics2012/42AEB79A-3001-4961-A477-8F5B0B457C5E-20502-000020114B778E3A.jpg

:wacko:

It's the first thing that came into my head, maybe because all I keep hearing is bad things about getting married in 2013 :haha:

Love love love the flower girl basket, it is so cute and different, she'll be making a statement all on her own :)

Ermm if you can get the circle to fit perfectly over the circle I'd go that way if not I'd do with with the circle showing! Looks good both ways tbf!

:huh: there's three different attempts. One with the circle over the hole (or at least should be) and trimmed down, then two with the points over the hole, one with frills and the other straight edged. Which one did you mean? I was thinking I might change the stamped 'hole' into a heart or something :shrug: it'll be a massive chore to cut them all down to size :wacko: but if that's what looks best then that's what'll have to be done!!

Major stressing about the hen do. People saying they can't afford to etc so trying to find cheaper ways. Might have to bring it closer to home :( But there really is nowhere around here that's really any good!! I don't know what to dooooo :hissy:

Ohh I can't pick between the shape, did you decide?

Ohhhhhh :( how many people have said they can't afford it? Me personally I think it's your hen weekend and you should do what you want to do, you shouldn't have to please everyone, they have a lot of time to save, it's not like its next month! But then I guess if its a big chunk of people then that's different!

I thought that at first, that I should just do what I want to do, but then I'd rather lose an activity than have to lose a friend. I was shocked at who has said they can't afford it tbh. Of all the invited friends, she is one with the least dependencies (no kids, no mortgage/rent etc). I'm now looking for something a bit closer to home instead so we'll see

Nope, not decided on the tags :wacko: they are only the backs of the place names so I think I'm gonna go for the one that requires least effort :lol: which is the bottom one. No cutting required. Then I'll just turn the circle into a heart or something :shrug:

I like the bottom tag, not sure why though!

Oh I don't know what to do with the tags. I tried the 'heart' thing and it looks horrific, so that's out the question :wacko:

I've just spent all afternoon (and all my battery life) putting together a different hen weekend idea...I've just pitched it to the girls...now let's see which one pisses on my bonfire first this time :lol::lol: The idea this time (stolen from you, Lauren) is to do the tree top thing close to home, then all travel down to London together, see a show, come back and stay in a BnB/rented house, then home. With the show it still works out kinda expensive, but not AS expensive. And as its not a set package those who don't want to, or can't, do the tree top adventure won't have to pay for it. It might end up just me clambering about in the tree tops but hey ho :haha:

Just stick to how they are, i think they look fab!

Ohh i really hope they go with this way and no1 makes an excuse this time! Thats what im doing though, saying ill be doing this this and this but if people dont want to do certain things im not going to make them! I think that makes life easier for everyone! Keep us up to date with what they say :)

So my wedding ring totally arrived today and I completely left it at work :hissy::hissy: I couldn't stop looking at it. I LOVE it. I just wanted to get married today so that I can wear it forever :lol: it's perfect!

As for hen do, I've decided I'm just going to say 'this is what we're doing...who's in?'. CBA with trying to please everyone. It's never gonna happen :wacko: Now I just need to decide for certain what I want to do!!

Aww I'm so happy you love your ring :) I can't wait til we sort ours!!

Sadly I think it's the only option when it comes to it, I'm a very I like to please people type of person but I just think you end up making things worse by trying to please everyone! I keep having people suggest different things to me and one even said we could do see the show and then go for dinner and then the next day people could do what they want like if they wanted to go shopping etc, I thought I want a night out I NEVER have a night out so for my hen weekend I deffo want to and I just thought I'm not just going on a little shopping trip to London for people to do what they want its a hen weekend!!

What are you thinking now for your hen do?

I've laid down my cards now. I've told them the plan and asked them who's in and who's out...one person (my BM) has replied. Another friend has posted a comment that it's going to cost more than I've said, as if I've just plucked random prices from thin air :grr: And another friend (the one who has said she can't afford much) has posted on her Facebook today that she's had a lovely time visiting the science museum, going to see a 3D IMAX movie, going out for dinner, and going to the theatre yesterday, all just because she had a day off, but she can't "afford" my hen do in 6 months time!!!?? :nope:

Ohh what have you decided on ?
Has anyone else replied yet?

Ahhhh that drives me crazy, when people say they can't afford something when it's obvious they can!

I think the hen do is a million times harder to sort than the wedding itself haha!

Basically she doesn't like what you've planned to do but why lie saying that you can't afford, why doesn't she just say oh I'm sorry I don't like that activity so I'll give it a miss :grr: X

Oh my so called friends say that about cost too, another reason why can't be bothered with the stress of doing whole hen.
I don't even think my bridesmaid even cares to be honest.

Great news that your ring arrived, are you uploaded a photo? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->