• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Done... I 'AM' Mrs K!!

:happydance: when do you get to try your dress on again then? I am soooo jealous, I think after babies here I'm just going to go to the shop to have a try on so i can remember it!

Wow that seems a lot for hair, but saying that I don't even know what mines going to cost, I forgot to ask that but saying that I haven't sorted it properly yet! Have you seen any prices anywhere else for wedding hair to compare it too?

I don't know. Need to try it on soonish though otherwise it'll be too late to return them if they're no good.

I think that is a bit steep. When I asked at the hairdressers the other day they also have a £25 call out charge. Their trial is more expensive though and their prices were 'starting from' prices so I can expect to at least triple that :lol: I don't know what to do. I don't want to put the pressure on my sisters or bridesmaids either though :shrug: plus I need to buy extensions so that bumps the cost up even more to more like £165!!! For hair!!!! Lol. I think I'd rather have someone do my makeup than my hair too (it was always one or the other) so I might DIY my hair and get someone in to do makeup instead.

Are you still planning on having your hair like the pictures you put up before?
I think if you are with some practice you'd be able to do it yourself!

I just messaged my Mum as she's going to our hairdressers at the weekend to ask when I need to book and how much etc as I won't be there for a while and here's hoping they don't say how much you've been quoted!

Could you get your bridesmaids to help you if you don't it yourself aswel?!

Hey Chloe!! Is the planning all a go now? :happydance:

I "told" my bridesmaid the other night that she has to do it :lol: We're gonna have a few practice go's but at least it isn't going to cost me each time we do. Haha

Need to get a move on and decide on which dress I want for Missy. I think I like the white/lace one the most but want OH to have a say too.

And hen do........What. A. Stress!!! :hissy:

It definitely is :) I've revived my journal lol

What is your secret shoe idea by the way? Lol

And that quote is definitely too steep for hair! Luckily my uncles gf is a hairdresser so I'm gonna see if I can rope her into doing it :haha: my sister is a beautician so she can do my makeup!

Good thinking! I had a quick look round last night to see what the prices are like where I'm from for hair and nowhere had prices so ill let you know what they tell my Mum at the hairdressers 2moro! I'm really dreading it being a lot :(

What's been going on with your hen do then?

Secret shoe idea is nearly out of the window. Still need to try these shoes on with my dress but I love love love them. If they are a good height then I'll tell you what my idea was.

I thought it was steep. Especially as she's a 'one man band' type jobby. I'd expect those prices from a full on salon! Not saying she's not worth that price. I just can't afford it!!

The hen do is stressy. We've finally decided what we're doing but now we've got to the point of asking for money aaaaand no-one can afford it :hissy: not like I'm asking for all the money. I'm asking for £45 each. And they've known since November!! :brat::brat:

I know what you mean, I'm hoping the one my hairdresser has chose from the salon is the one I'm thinking it is cause she's still a junior and learning hairdressing but she's really good at putting hair up so I'm hoping her prices reflect what she's not a qualified hairdresser yet!

What have you finally decided on doing for your Hen Do then?
Getting money is the worst ever! I booked our hotel before Xmas as the prices kept rising every day and told them they need to pay by end of January! I reminded them the other day but there's still half of them who haven't paid! Thankfully that's the last I'm having to do with my Hen weekend my MOH is taking over, it's more stressful than the wedding planning :haha:

Deffo more stressful. I've given them until end of Jan but I can't book until I've got at least some of the money in. I don't have that kind of money spare. And don't want to take it out of wedding budget :nope: but so far no-one has paid!!

We are going to London, having a mooch, going to All Star Lanes for food and bowling then to the theatre to see Matilda. Then we are coming home the same night and all crashing at my MOHs house for a PJ day and cooked breakfast on the Sunday. Can't wait :happydance:

Also you don't want to risk paying and not getting the money off people, then it's not fair on you as you'll end up loosing the money! I got my Mum to pay for the hotel on her credit card so the bill isn't in yet and also we booked a few rooms at slightly higher rate that can be canceled and you get your money back just in case! So difficult though!

Ohh wow that sounds like so much fun! I just googled All Star Lanes as I hadn't heard of it before and it looks amazing, I bet that will be a great laugh :) when are you planning on going ?

We've changed the order of the day so we'll go to London, mooch, go see a matinee show of Matilda then on to All Star Lanes afterwards coz one of the girls can't make the theatre

Went to the reception venue today with the MIL to ask a few questions and go over some details...MIL drove me insane!! She was asking questions like "can we bring our own food" and questioning me over when to throw confetti!!! I just wished she'd stayed at home :hissy: But I got a lot of answers and have finalised the timings of the day so I can get on and finish the invites now :) but I do need more Pom Poms. Haha

As for hen do, I don't think we can do matinee so my friend who can't come just can't come. There are no available seats for the afternoon performance. And at the rate the money is coming in (ie, it's not!) then there won't be seats for the evening either!!! Stress

:happydance: so glad you got everything sorted with the venue and it means you can move on with your invites! I can't wait til we go!
I just replied to your thread about your MIL I really don't know how you put up with her :haha:

That was my problem with tickets, things like that get booked so quickly but I don't think most people understand that! It will come to the stage where you'll have to say if I don't have the money but x date then I'm booking it anyway cause you'll end up with nothing to do!

Ohhh I found you lol! My hairdresser told me I should expect to pay between £25 and £35 to have my hair done for the wedding, and thats coming from one of the top salons in town!! So she is having a blimmin giraffe. xx

Welcome along :thumbup:
Really?? That's far more reasonable. I'm deffo not going with this woman. At the moment my BM is doing it, but we'll see closer the time how money is.

As for the hen do, I will be buying them soon. I have no choice :nope: but I'm not gonna tell them I've got them otherwise they might hold off even longer for paying me back :lol:

Tickets are booked!!! The stress of getting the money/not getting the money was too much for me :lol: So I just had to book them. Plus the plans are now set in stone. Can't get a refund so everyone who's said they're coming had better come and no-one best change their mind about the order of the day! Bridezillaaaaaa

Latest wedding day stress though is bunting...why is bunting so expensive??!?

Bunting is expensive, but very easy to make cheaply if you have a sewing machine/ know someone with one :) I'm decorating my entire venue with it and I've got my mother on the case to make me a load - otherwise it would cost me a fortune!! xx

I don't think I'll have the time to make my own :wacko: I've found a woman on eBay who sells 40ft for £8.50, so 5 of those is just £42.50, which I will most likely go for. Then I'll just tie/stitch them together to make one continuous length :thumbup: cheaper than hiring...cheapest place for hiring it was £90, plus £25 postage, and a £60 deposit that would be refunded after they got it back and inspected it :wacko::wacko:

ooh that is actually quite good! Have you got a link for her? I like to have weddingy things saved in my ebay :) eep! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->