• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Done... I 'AM' Mrs K!!

And an update on my 'to do' list...not sure if much has changed:

To do (wedding):
❌Dress - Done
❌Bridesmaid dresses – 1 done, 1 having hers made
❌Flower Girl Dress - Monsoon dress - Done
❌Groom/Groomsmen suits -
⭕Flower girl basket - done, just need contents and handle
❌Ring cushion/box - MIL making cushion
❌Veil, Hair piece - Veil done
❌Jewellery - Necklace (Grandmas), earrings - Done
❌Shoes - Done
❌bag/purse - Done
❌Rings - Done
❌Garter - Done
❌Underwear - Done
⭕Cufflinks/shoes for groom -
⭕Fragrances - DKNY Summer, Armani Code

❌Ceremony location - Done
❌Reception location - Done
❌Registrar - Done
❌Photographer –Done
⭕DJ/Band - Provisionally done - Chloe to do a set
❌Cake - done (Sally)
⭕Hair - DIY? Need extensions
⭕Makeup - DIY
❌Flowers - Baby's breath bouquets for the bridesmaids - MIL doing
❌Buttonholes - Done
⭕Accommodation night before and night of - Dads night before, Mill hotel night of
⭕Cars -
❌Figure out guest list - Done
❌Save the dates - Done
⭕Invitations - in progress
⭕Place cards - Price tags around lotto scrolls/favours
⭕Seating chart - Old style picture frame/mirror from Matalan/Wilko
⭕ I Spy 'picture' cards/mad-libs (done) *-*
❌Menu - N/A
⭕Thank you cards - Busy Bees on Facebook*
⭕Order of the Day booklets -*
⭕Basket of self addressed CDs for photographs - Case/envelopes bought
⭕Sweetie Buffet -*

❌Decorations for ceremony - N/A
❌Centrepieces for reception - in progress - MIL doing
⭕Decorations for reception - bunting, picnic blankets, pom poms*
⭕Car decorations - 'just married' window sticker and ribbon?*
❌Guestbook - madlibs
⭕Confetti - natural petals + cones
❌Cake topper - ???
❌Kids entertainment - Garden games (still need Limbo)
⭕Favours - Lotto tickets in scrolls (scrolls done)
⭕Children's activity packs -
⭕Bridemaids survival kits - Ongoing

⭕Music for ceremony/reception - Ongoing
⭕Write speeches/Vows -
⭕Readings/Poems for ceremony -
⭕Photo locations -
⭕Ask people to be MC/Do readings/Give you away -
⭕Gifts (BM's/GM's/Parents) -*in progress
❌Hens/Stag night - Done (hen)
⭕Dress alterations -
❌Honeymoon – booked
⭕List of all vendors phone numbers (give a copy to MOH) –
⭕Emergency bag –
⭕Get nails done -
⭕A BRAZILLIAN –
⭕Tan -

Bridal Party
❌MOH - Done -*
❌Best Man -Done
❌BM - Done
❌GM - done

Feels quite good seeing all those ❌'s :happydance: most of the things outstanding are just 'organisational' stuff, ie, not much left to buy. Woohoo...and 'eeek' at the same time!! Haha

Ohh good luck with arranging the florist visit with MIL, hope it goes well whenever it is :)

Love love love the idea of the brooches, sounds lovely! Ill have a look later see if I can help!

Wow your to do list is looking fab, you are deffo well on your way now, you've got most things done or sorted!

I think most things are under control now. I emailed the venue again today and got a reply straight away. Had a mini conversation with them so I'm happy again. It means the music/entertainment for the day is sorted (had to check something with the venue first) so can tick that off too :happydance: deffo going to sort invites tonight/tomorrow I think and I've found a pretty good website where there are a load of customisable printable invites/stationary and wedding signs. I think I'll just get my evening invites off there as I'm not that fussed by evening invites :thumbup:

Glad they finally got back to you and were able to help with what you needed!
How's the invites going ?
I've been on that website before, it looks fab for printable things!

So the invites didn't get done. Shock! But I'll do them today...maybe :lol:

That sounds like me... except I'm usually like ''the ironing didn't get done... but look at all this wedding stuff'' haha! To be fair I can't stand/sit for very long anymore as my bloody pelvis kills! Have to lie on my bed :rofl: xx/

:haha: did you get round to them today or are they put off for another day?

Nope I did them :smug: although I'll be starting a new thread about them in a minute for some help with wording :lol:

Hi MTA :) How is your planning going? x

Nope I did them :smug: although I'll be starting a new thread about them in a minute for some help with wording :lol:

Hi MTA :) How is your planning going? x

I see seems to be coming along great for you! How many days to go?
Everything is going fine thanks x

Don't know how long left. The countdown was stressing me out. Haha

Went to Dunelm earlier (to get a duvet for Missy) and ended up buying 7 picture frames to use for our table numbers. They were reduced down to £1.99 so was a bit of a bargain. I just hope we don't have more than 7 tables now. Haha

OH wants a sweetie buffet, but doesn't want the cost attached to it :dohh: I don't think he realises how expensive they add up to be. I've been trying to find cheapo containers/jars but that still look nice/vintage and it's not happening. Any suggestions? Lol

YES! I bought lots of little vintage glass bowls from car boots for £1 or £2 each and they look fab... I currently have apples in 2 of mine but sweets would look good in them xx

Thank you Mummy May. I think that's pretty much what we're gonna do, except we are going to ask family to lend the dishes :thumbup: I went back to Dunelm though (I know, addict! It's not even that close to where we live :lol:) and bought three huge glass jars (two big ones and one even bigger one) with glass lids. They were reduced to £7.49 each, even though the large one was meant to be £9.99 but they had stickered it up wrong :smug: so I think those with bowls etc should give a nice bit of variation

Ohh sounds like you got some bargains from Dunelm, I always forget about there!
Also you might find some on eBay, lots of people buy them all for their weddings then sell them on on eBay! Most are collection only though so it would depend if there were any close to you or not!

I've been looking on eBay but not seen anything yet and I'm too impatient to wait :lol: plus if family can lend them then it costs us nothing :)

Very true, borrowing will deffo save you some money :)

Practically the end of the month and 4 out of the 6 'hens' that are coming to the theatre are still yet to pay...grrrr!!

Have they said anything to you about paying or just avoiding it?
I've asked to have hotel money but the end of January and still haven't had it off everyone even though they've known for 6 weeks! Nightmare!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->