Done... I 'AM' Mrs K!!

Sorry mummy may, I will get a picture for you. I just keep forgetting

Another meeting with the MIL today to discuss flowers. Bored of it tbh :/

Haven't you already told her what you want... or is she just trying to make you change your mind ;) ahhh that woman is a dream! Good Luck!! xx

I had to raise my voice at MIL a few times today. And, believe it or not, she brought the top table saga up AGAIN!!!!! She had been online to search how best to have the top table etc and was trying to tell me how to seat people. By that point I was already at the end of my tether so I've told her the plan is done and she's at the top table so just let it be. If she mentions it again I'm gonna flip :lol: As for flowers, I think it's done. Don't know what flowers I'm actually having but the centrepieces are chosen and that's what was stressing me out the most. Didn't dare tell MIL that I had chosen them about a week ago though :haha: I wanted to hear what the florist thought of the idea first and she loved it, so MIL couldn't turn her nose up then. Ha, I win!! Haha

Glad you just got her told - she probably didn't listen though right! lol! I dread to think what she is going to be like on the actual day, I would be keeping away from her!! Yeyyy for the flowers being sorted :) You can't have much left to do now?! xx

I think if she starts on the day then she'll get told by FIL before either OH or I have to say anything. FIL is quite good at reading the situation. He can see when one of the other of us are getting stressed and he tends to step in. He just hasn't had the chance up until now because she always speaks to us on our own :rolleyes: If anyone dare rile me on my wedding day then they best be prepared for it, because I (nor my MOH, or my Mum :lol:) will go down quietly. Haha

Glad you finally got the flowers sorted, bet that's a weight off your mind!
Ohh well at least your FIL will step in when he's there!
And your Mum sounds like mine :haha: I said I worried about something happening or kicking off and my Mum was like hell no will she let that happen haha!

Well FIL didn't step in :wacko: We all (me, OH, MIL and FIL) went over to my Dad and step-mums house on Friday evening as a get together to establish where we all were. Anyway, whilst we were there MIL kept going back to her 'spare seats' thing and all these people she wants to invite...and FIL joined in :hissy: They were talking as though these people already have invites. My dad kept saying that we should only invite who we want to invite etc but they weren't getting the hint! I swear my parents broke down once in laws left. They are angry and frustrated for me. Haha!!

So that was a horrific evening. And then MIL came over to our house yesterday to carry it on and offered to pay for the extra people. Last night we emailed them a list of people who are getting invites from OHs side (they wanted our full guest list!!!) and we point blank said we don't want anyone else and we aren't substiting people either....we've not had a reply yet :lol:

At this point I would have got mad, and shouted (or OH would have) because she is just not bloody listening to anything you are saying to her - and if its making me mad, it must be driving you wild! If she tries it again (even after the guest list!) just say to her that its nothing to do with the cost - you just don't want these people there, therefore they aren't invited! xx

I had a reply (well, two actually. One from MIL and one from FIL :dohh:)

We said in the email that it wasn't just the cost aspect (she offered to pay for her guests) but it didn't work...

FIL replied to "remind us" about two people we had 'forgotten' and then proceeded to give us their addresses etc.
MIL replied to say she wanted her friend there who has known OH all his life etc etc blah blah blah, and also OHs godmother (I didn't know OH had a godmother. I asked him and he didn't know he did either...she's obviously a huge part of his life!!). When MIL came over to the house her words were exactly this..."I understand that you want your friends there but unfortunately weddings are to be used for showing off to family etc, so you need to accommodate them"!! So, basically, she wants us to bin off our friends in favour for hers :wacko:

Nothing we say actually goes in. My step-mum is so angry for us. She offered to ring MIL and say something but it would have just fallen on deaf ears again :nope: I just feel like every time we give them what they want they just go ahead and demand more!!

You are both going to have to go round there and tell them both NO FUCKING WAY - probably not that politely. It isn't their wedding and they don't get a say in guests. My god I want to punch her! I'm so sorry they are making this so difficult for you. huggss xxx

I really can't believe her and I can't believe your FIL has now joined in!
My MIL tried the paying for her friends to come thing and I told her straight even though when she said it to OH he basically agreed I told her no way! Thankfully I have the kind of relationship with my MIL though where I can tell her!

Would she not feel embarrassed at all if your step mum rang her and said to her about it?

She needs to be told if she doesn't stop then she will be uninvited, easier said than done though!

Here, give me her number! I will tell her lol! xx

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

The thing is, my dad and stepmum as good as said that they were being unreasonable when we all met last week. She's intolerable. One minute she is agreeing and saying we need to keep costs down then in the next breath she completely contradicts herself :wacko: OH can't be bothered with the fight anymore. We're giving them the three people they keep going on about the most and hoping that non-attendence from other guests helps balance out the numbers.

Watch this space. I'm sure it won't be long before the next ridiculous demand comes along :rolleyes:

Someone give me a kick up the bum please? :lol:

Aiming to get invites printed in the next week, then I need to enlist the help I my bridesmaids to put them all together :wacko: Then get them sent out ASAP coz the RSVP date is fast approaching!! That's the next big thing to get done I think. Quite scary really

MIL and I discussed flowers again yesterday. I think we're mostly agreed now. But hopefully I'll be having the discussions with the florist because MIL just does not get the style at all. We are all going to go down to a huge wholesalers near us nearer the time to choose the exact flowers that she'll be using.

We 'think' we've sorted the wedding car. Nothing is set in stone yet though.

I need a practice run on my hair with my bridesmaid.

We need to decide on music

And the reception venue want to see me....

Still so much to do that requires time out of the house which is what I am in short supply of with OH working so late each night :wacko: I think I'm going to need some babysitters over the next few months. Haha

And table names, we were toying with the idea of naming each table after a place we will be going to on our honeymoon but we've decided to just stick with numbers with the top table being table '10'! ;)

Kicking!! The sooner you print your invites the sooner you can get them out eep! Seems like its all systems go now. Glad your MIL has stopped being (so much) of a witch now, I would have done her in by now :rofl: xxx

Just caught up! Your MIL is something else!! I don't know how she hasn't got a slap so far :haha:

Haha at least you know what you need to do, it just sounds like you need to find the time to do it :)

When are you planning on sending the invites out ?

Need to send them ASAP. I wanted them out by end of Feb....:blush:
I did a practice print today, and ordered all the paper so when that arrives its all a go!

I bought another two of my bridesmaids gifts today too. I am gonna have to make do with all I've got now though otherwise I'll get carried away :lol: Still need to think of some cheapie parents gifts. Might just get them a cheap bottle of sparkles each :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->