Done... I 'AM' Mrs K!!

I've just ignored her...I'll speak to OH tonight. If HE wants this person to be there then we'll invite her. But we've spoken about it before and he's always said no in order to save costs :shrug:

Edit to add my 'to do' list...
To do (wedding):
❌Dress - Done
❌Bridesmaid dresses – 1 done, other being made
⭕Evening dress - ?
❌Flower Girl Dress - Done
❌Groom/Groomsmen suits - Done
⭕Flower girl basket - No idea anymore
❌Ring cushion/box - MIL making cushion
❌Veil, Hair piece -Veil done, no hair piece maybe?
❌Jewellery - Done
❌Shoes - Done
❌bag/purse - Done
❌Rings - Done
❌Garter - Done
❌Underwear - Maybe done?
⭕Cufflinks (Done)/shoes for groom
❌Fragrance - Done

❌Ceremony location - Done
❌Reception location - Done
❌Registrar - Done
❌Photographer –Done
❌DJ/Band - Done
❌Cake - Done
⭕Hair -
⭕Makeup - DIY
⭕Bouquet - in progress
❌Flowers - MIL doing
❌Buttonholes - MIL in charge of :wacko:
❌Accommodation night before and night of - Dads night before, hotel night of
⭕Cars - Neal
❌Figure out guest list - Done
❌Save the dates - Done
❌Invitations - DONE!!!!!!
❌Place cards - Done - need writing
❌Table numbers - Done
⭕Seating chart -
⭕ I Spy 'picture' cards/mad-libs (done) + pens -*
❌Menu - N/A
⭕Thank you cards -
⭕Basket of self addressed CDs for photographs - cases (done) + discs
⭕Sweetie Buffet - Jars (done) + sweets + scoops/tongues

❌Decorations for ceremony - N/A
❌Centrepieces for reception - in progress - MIL doing
❌Decorations for reception - Done
⭕Car decorations -
❌Guestbook - Done
⭕Confetti - natural petals (done) + cones (printable)
❌Cake topper - ??? Not needed
❌Kids entertainment - Garden games
⭕Favours - Lotto tickets in scrolls (scrolls done)
⭕Children's activity packs -
⭕Bridemaids survival kits - Ongoing

⭕Music for ceremony/reception - Ongoing
⭕Write speeches/Vows -
❔Readings/Poems for ceremony -
⭕Photo locations -
❔Ask people to be MC/Do readings/Give you away -
⭕Gifts (BM's/GM's/Parents) -
❌Hens/Stag night - Done
⭕Dress alterations -
❌Honeymoon – Done
⭕List of all vendors phone numbers (give a copy to MOH) –
⭕Emergency bag –
⭕Get nails done -
⭕A BRAZILLIAN –
⭕Tan - in progress ;)

Bridal Party
❌MOH - Done
❌Best Man -Done
❌BM - Done
❌GM - done

I've spoken to OH. He's really not bothered whether this woman is there or not so I think we are extending an invite to her too. I'm really starting to resent the in-laws for insisting all these people come when there are people who I really want there but can't invite :nope:

But on a better note, I've bought a few things from Smashbox to try out and see what difference they make day to day. So i think I'm going back to my original DIY plan for makeup on the day

Edit to add: I can't believe this journal has reached 400 posts :wacko: I waffle a lot :lol: I've added an up to date 'to do' list at the top of this page (I don't know if it shows at the top of your page :shrug:) because I have no idea when or where the last update was. Haha! But yeah, not much left to sort. Even some of the things that are still ⭕'s are partly done :happydance:

Well if you want someone else there, but not this person your mil is wanting, then invite the person that you want. It is yours and oh's wedding after all :hugs:

Oh Emmy, this woman is a nightmare, I think its probably easier for Aly to just let her I want to say well done on not killing her though Aly :) if you really aren't bothered though then I wouldn't invite her. I know its hard with your MIL though. Xx

Emmy, I wish it was that easy :lol: We can't afford to have these extra people, but MIL is saying she's gonna pay for her brothers therefore we can afford to have these extra people that she wants :wacko: Originally she didn't even want us to invite one of her brothers and instead 'give' his seat to one of her friends.
She's on another planet, I swear!

Ermmmm your to do list is awesome! Consider it stolen lol! Are you having a bag - I noticed that on your list lol! I saw one about 6 weeks ago and loved it and haven't seen another since that I love that much - it was only £20 from New Look, do you think I should just get it or hold out ? Xx

Yeah, I wasn't sure whether to get one or not but I saw one in Debenhams when I was looking for bridesmaids gifts and figured I may as well get it. It was only £25 or something in the sale. Even if I don't use it it's not exactly cost me a fortune. But I will have somewhere to keep my lipgloss on the day :lol: Not to mention tissues and whatever I may need for LO!

There is a picture somewhere in this journal :haha: I'll see if I can find it...

Bargain!!! Get it. You dont have to use it. I'm very much the type of person to think 'I'd rather have something and not need it than not have something and need it' :thumbup:

Ohh my word, your MIL really never gives up does She! I think I'd have to tell her if its that important that this person is there then she will have to give up her invite for them :haha:

What happened to the flower girl basket ? I remember you done it before but you've put you don't know anymore ?

Yeah, MIL said its not suitable for a little girl and looks like a string vest. And who am I to argue with her :lol: Plus MIL is insistent that she (our LO) carries this flipping ring cushion!!
Anyone would think MIL didn't get her own wedding, but no, she's had two of her own. She just wants this one too!!!!

Ohh my word, how do you not throttle Her!!

:rofl: she obviously wants a third haha!

My smashbox goodies turned up today so will have a play with them tomorrow and see how they survive a day at work. If they can survive a working day then they should cope with a wedding day :lol:

Had such a productive day today. I went to see my maid of honour this afternoon (just got back) and we've sorted the itinerary for both the hen do and the wedding day (as in, what time to get taxis and start hair etc etc). I'm far more relaxed :)

Have had a few RSVP's too. People have already started dropping out (not 'dropping out' but not able to make it) so at this rate I'll probably want to invite MILs extra guests in order to make up the numbers. Haha! But in all seriousness, the seating plan will need a good shuffle (I've planned for plus ones but I know certain people won't have any plus ones) and hopefully I can remove a table too, saving on a centrepiece :thumbup:

And speaking of centrepieces, the florist emailed an example of the top table 'arrangement' and I love it. She's totally on the same wavelength as me. About time I spoke to someone who understood my ideas. Lol

Ooh what makeup did you get? I need to find a powder and foundation, so gonna go spend an obscene amount in Selfridges tomorrow. That's great news about the centrepiece! What flowers are you having for them?

Ahh even though it's crap that people can't make it, bonus that it will save you money :haha:

Whatever you do don't tell your MIL some people can't make it :haha:

:rofl::rofl: I won't be!!

It's just smashbox makeup so not too expensive. I or the 'try it' kit to see what the photo finish face primer and eyelid primers were like before buying full size, got a new blush (which I needed anyway) and the eye beam double-ended brightener/highlighter :thumbup: deffo using the primer tomorrow, and maybe the highlighter. Don't want to over do it for work though :lol: oh, and got a free sample of the photo finish primer too, so I've got double the amount. Lol

I got some of that exact primer free with a magazine the other day and did the same thing as you and tried it out as I would with my wedding makeup to see how it lasted. I really didn't like it! Don't know if my skin is weird but it just made my foundation seem more obvious :wacko: Googled what primer is best and it said Aloe Vera is great, so I tried it and it's actually amazing! So gonna be sticking to that :haha:

Ooh, I've got Aloe Vera gel so I'll try that too. I've got enough of this primer to not have to buy a full sized one if I did like it so that's good. As well as a lip gloss, a mascara and a waterproof eyeliner (very handy!)

Also, whilst we're on the subject, aloe Vera gel is excellent for de-puffing your eyes if you're tired. I put it on each night for a few nights before an 'event' and it makes my eyes feel fresher. I love it :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->