Done... I 'AM' Mrs K!!

Hair went ok. We are having another practice closer to the day (after I've had my hair cut AGAIN!!) though because we forgot to time how long it took us. Haha!!

The shoes are the 'chop-out crepe shoes' in white. I wasn't that sure on them when I saw them on the web, but they are so much nicer in person, so we're keeping them.
OH didn't like his shoes though :rolleyes:

Ahhh typical man not liking any of the shoes :dohh: hopefully it won't take you too long to find some that he does like

Sounds like a good plan with timing how long it takes, hopefully you remember next time, though it does sound like something I would probably forget to do

I think I'm just gonna buy him a few different types and make him try them all on. I let him choose these first ones and he chose ugly ones :lol: I told him that's why they were uncomfortable. Haha!!

The curls lasted a really long time in my hair, which bodes really well for the actual day. We just need to work out our timing :dohh:

Haha best way, that way you'll like them and he'll have a choice!

Thats a real good sign that the curls stayed in! How did you have it, like one of the pictures you put up before?

Your luckly curls stay in your hair, they just fall out of mine. Did you take a picture?

Well we only curled it, just to see how it looked and if it would hold up. On the next trial she's gonna do the curls with thicker sections to A) make it quicker, and B) make them smoother.

Just got her to send the pic she took...

https://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p507/hotpics2012/CC87FF7D-DC34-46E3-9FDD-42031133FA53-14410-0000160DE1CBE245.jpg

I am getting my hair cut in May to have some layer put in the ends. At the moment it's cut straight across which I never usually have. The layers should sort the ends out.

I'm gonna order like ALL the men's shoes from Next and make him try them all on :lol: there has to be at least one pair he likes. Haha

Love how your hair looks :D

Sounds like a good plan for buying shoes from next and then letting him choose :thumbup: At least that way you can return the ones that he doesn't like

Exactly my thought. Next requires no upfront cost so in gonna order a load of them rather than him choosing one pair, having them delivered, deciding he doesn't like them, returning them just to start the cycle all over again :lol: I want him to have laced shoes, but he wants slip-ons....I think this is probably going to be another argument like the colour of his waistcoat :haha:

My hair will probably be darker than it is in the picture on the day. I went blonde last year but I'm thinking of putting some darker colours through when I have it cut just to make it look more natural. The flash also makes it look brighter than it is so it shouldn't take much

Bit of progress to report....

I THINK we may have our ceremony music :yipee::yipee: I've been at an absolute loss about it since we started planning but today I just wanted to sit down and get it done (with a little help from the 'search' option to look at old threads :lol:)

Also ordered more parchment paper to print the evening invites :thumbup:
Took OHs shoes back, so will order new ones tonight...

AND i've thought about what I'd like Missy to carry down the aisle (other than the ring pillow, I mean :rolleyes:). I really like those "here comes the bride" signs that someone posted in their journal, I just hasn't found one 'right' for our style. So now I'm thinking just get a slate heart and write the message ourselves, except write "Daddy, here comes Mummy" or "Daddy, here comes your bride"...not that 'Daddy' will notice either on the day :lol:

:happydance: brilliant that you've sorted your ceremony music :D

Ahhhhh I love those slate hearts, and "Daddy, here comes your bride" sounds soooooooo cute :cloud9:

Well, I say sorted...a couple of the songs have more than one version so need to decide between us which we prefer. But then it's done :lol:

I've found a heart on eBay for £4 so gonna go for that. Didn't want a wooden one (that's painted with chalkboard paint) otherwise i'd have literally thousands to choose from!!

And PS - all my posts are from my phone so if I ever sound stupid or have ridiculous words in the middle of sentences it's because Apple think they know better than I do about what I'm trying to say :haha::haha:

:rofl: I've never actually noticed any spelling mistakes off you

Ahhhhhh I hated that when searching for our ceremony music, the amount of versions that come up is unbelievable

Your hair looks lovely :)

Next have lots of nice mens shoes, so you should hopefully find a pair you both like, OHs are from there!!

Do we get to know your music or is it a surprise? I need to sort ours, we give notice a week Monday so im waiting til then so we know how many we need etc!!

I LOVE them signs, im going to get Bobby one even though hes not walking down the aisle, i just think it will make a super cute picture him holding it :cloud9:

CEREMONY MUSIC:
Seating music:
Clair De Lune - Claude Debussy
-Or-
Orchestral Suite No3 in D Major - Alessio Bax

To enter to:
At Last - Etta James/Beyonce

To sign the Register to:
I'll be there - Jackson 4/Mariah Carey
-Or-
Lovesong - Adele

To leave to:
Stand By Me - Ben E King

So yeah, not completely decided, but these should be the choices. The 'leave to' song may change because I'm not 100% on that, but so far it's a favourite :)

The first shoes he chose were from Next. They have some really lovely ones and he chose the plainest ones available. Lol. I was so glad they were uncomfortable for him!

Been looking at readings too...is it weird if the bride has a reading? Does it have to be from someone else?

I don't think it's weird, there's actually a reading from the bride's perspective that we're putting on our order of service as it had a part in about our labrador attacking the neighbour :rofl:

Absolutely love your song choices :cloud9:

Haha, is that the Pam Ayres reading? That's a very popular one I think. I've found a couple I like that aren't too long and aren't soppy etc. I'll run them past my bridesmaids I think

So, I 'spent' £500 on shoes for OH this morning (don't do it last night because I was in bed by 8pm :wacko:). They should be here tomorrow...all 11 pairs!! That's his job tomorrow night. Haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->