Done... I 'AM' Mrs K!!

I wish depuffing my eyes was the issue I have! I have the world's worst dark circles under my eyes. It's not from lack of sleep either, it's genetic, I've always had them. Rory has them but he looks cute, and my sister has them but she's model thin so she pulls off the heroin chic look, whereas I just look frumpy :dohh: I use MAC to cover the black rings but then I'm left with a line where the bags are that I can't get rid of. Thinking of trying Touche Eclat? I dunno though, it's so expensive for it not to be amazing. Or maybe matte powder would be better?! Camera flash only seems to accentuate them.

Screen Shot 2013-03-26 at 22.19.30.png
See what I mean? And that's with makeup caked on. Sorry, I am ruined your thread :blush:

You don't have any dark circles!!! That's your bone structure!!!
I actually do have dark circles but that IS because of lack of sleep. The best thing I've found to cover them is my Clinique under eye concealer. But it goes on thick :nope: I'm not a fan of those under eye brighteners and things. But I've never tried the Touché Eclait so can't comment on that one!
I also have 'bags'. It's like my cheeks have a crease where my cheekbones should be :lol: but I've always had that.

So, verdict on the makeup today...
Putting it on over the primer was very different. I'm sure I used more too for some reason. You could see the difference for sure, but not sure if that was a good or a bad thing.
The blusher I LOVE!!! I don't think I'll swap from this now. It's gorgeous.
24minutes into the working day I got a compliment from someone at work who said "I don't know what's different but you look very pretty today" :happydance: So that's a good start. Haha

Definitely a good start! Primer is just weird isn't it? Especially when you're nto used to it. Makes you feel caked in makeup.

If it's my bone structure I have the dumbest bone structure ever! I have the porkiest cheeks and double chin and then I'm skinny under my eyes? Pfft.

Haha, bones have a lot to answer for. Mine suck!!

I wear primer on a night out or for an occasion, but not for everyday life, and certainly not for work :lol: I wouldn't say I feel 'caked' but definitely more than I wear day to day. But then, I guess on the wedding day I will be wearing more anyway :shrug:

MM, I bought the 'try it kit'. It's got sample sizes of the primer, lid primer, lip gloss, waterproof eyeliner, and a mascara. I've not tried the lid primer yet but if I was to wear one I would probably wear the urban decay one :) Try a google search. There might be a voucher code for a free sample. Worth a shot I guess x

You have just reminded me that I've got a few Urban Decay samples :D xx

Today was the ultimate test for the makeup...a full day at work, with sunbed session AND bootcamp...the results? Well, up until bootcamp everything was pretty much still in place. After bootcamp, not much survived, but there is definitely still some clinging on. Normally I'm bare faced by the end of it so credit where credit is due :thumbup:

In other news, I'm paying for the honeymoon tonight :happydance::happydance: but at the same time :wacko::grr:
I've been stressing over hair/makeup again too. But today a girl at work said her sister (who I also sort of work with) does makeup for her friends etc so I'm gonna message her tomorrow about it. At least coz I know her I can tell her if she's done a shit job :haha:
Need to get evening invites out too...need to print evening invites first!!

Those of you with flower girls, where are/have you got their shoes from? I don't know where to start. Don't want to spend £££'s because she'll only wear them the once :lol:

Need to try my dress on too. I've lost inches with this bootcamp (this week was week 11...can't believe I've stuck with it!!) and I don't want to go too far meaning its hanging off me. I've not even thought about alterations or where to have them done so I'd like to get away with not needing them.

Have you tried Debenhams/Next/H&M etc for kids shoes? Might be worth a peek :) ohh and John Lewis do weddingy stuFf now too! Well done on the weight loss, ell off the wagon (damn mini eggs cakes) need to get back on it!! Xxx

I'm stuffing my face over Easter weekend then that's it for me and chocolate. It's off the menu until after the wedding!!! I can barely do 24 hours without chocolate so j have no idea how I'm going to survive MONTHS without it :wacko: but it's gotta be done!

Didn't think of H&M etc. I'll look later. Thank you :) xx

Well done on the weight loss that's great :)

Flower girl shoes I was going to go for some from Next, they have quite a few nice pairs

https://www.next.co.uk/search?w=Shoes&af=gender:youngergirls&cnt=200

But I was in Tesco today and they have some nice pairs too

https://www.clothingattesco.com/occasion-shop/all-kids-occasionwear/icat/all-kids-occasion/#esp_pg=3

I have the smash box lid primer its great.

Well done at sticking with the boot camp.

I am having someone do my hair and make up as I am crap! Haha.

x

Try next for flowergirl shoes, but try and get the from the sale if possible to save a bit of money. Or debenhams might be worth a try too :D

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo:

...my SIL isn't coming to the wedding!! :yipee: She's a childminder and she won't take the day off. I'm so glad she came up with a lame excuse to not be there because we (OH more than me) really don't want her there. Dead chuffed

But that is even more seats that won't be filled now...and MIL has already started pushing for her friend S again :dohh: She mentioned it earlier and even put on the 'hurt feelings' voice and everything. Haha

:happydance: brilliant news about sil

though not so brilliant about mil starting about her friends again :dohh:

Great news about SIL :happydance:

Love that your MIL has a hurt feelings voice :haha:

We're just ignoring MILs requests. OH has outwardly said that he doesn't really want this woman at the meal because we can't afford 'extras' so next time she asks I'm gonna steer her in OHs direction :haha:

I've not got any weddingy things to update with :shrug: I want a nice vintage hair clip for my hair but no idea where to look. Don't want to spend £££s because I'll never wear it again after the wedding. I'll probably browse on Etsy later
Other than that, I've pretty much run out of things to do :wacko: I need to get the evening invites out so I suppose I should print those. I need to buy more paper though because my day invites used up more than I expected :blush: I have to do that at in-laws though and I'm avoiding them at the moment. Haha

Still having a flap over hair/makeup. MIL seems to think I'm having her hairdresser do my hair, despite me telling her I can't afford to get someone in. She was talking about it again yesterday and "reminded me" that I've not formally booked her yet :wacko: I told her again that I'm not using her...she didn't listen :dohh:

Oh yeah, bought a few pairs of shoes online for OH last night so hopefully he likes a pair of those when they arrive, and also got a pair of shoes for LO, but I'm not so sure of them. Will wait and see how they look in person :)

Did you find a hair clip ?

When are you planning on sending out your evening invites? I really can't work out when to send them out!

Haha tell your MIL you'll have the hairdresser if she pays for it :lol:

Where did you get your LO's shoes from ?

Not even looked for a clip yet :lol: My BM is coming over tomorrow night and we're going to practice the hairstyle...eep

No idea when to send them...got to print them first :wacko: which reminds me, I need to buy paper/envelopes!

They are from Next. I've got to collect them from store...just effort! Not sure how well they'll go with her dress :shrug:

How did the hair practice go with your BM?

Which ones did you pick from Next? There's a few pairs I like from there but can't decide which I like more :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->