Done... I 'AM' Mrs K!!

Ohhhh those buttonholes are amazing! Never seen anything like that before.

Can't believe you have to pay £500 in England!! That's absolutely shocking, I thought £350 was bad!
I'm in the same boat and umming and ahhing over vows, we went through our options yesterday and we've picked pretty much the shortest of everything and left all the optional bits out, so now I am thinking it'll be over in 5minutes and it'll be nice to make it a bit more personal, but saying that me and OH are both really bad with saying soppy stuff to each other so wed prob end up laughing all the way through it. Whenever we say I love you there's always a but your a pain in the ass at the end and id probably end up having to stick an insult at the end of my vows lol

Your buttonholes are amazing! I really want peacock feather buttonholes too with wildflowers but convincing OH is proving difficult :haha:
Glad your shoot went well :)

Our whole theme is 'peacock' so luckily it wasn't difficult to convince my OH :lol: I've known from the start that I wanted them to wear peacock feathers, much to my MILs dismay! The scrabble pieces (with their initials) came from the quirky vintage part of our theme...and the gyps is because my BMs are having gyps bouquets :thumbup:

Ohhhh those buttonholes are amazing! Never seen anything like that before.

Can't believe you have to pay £500 in England!! That's absolutely shocking, I thought £350 was bad!
I'm in the same boat and umming and ahhing over vows, we went through our options yesterday and we've picked pretty much the shortest of everything and left all the optional bits out, so now I am thinking it'll be over in 5minutes and it'll be nice to make it a bit more personal, but saying that me and OH are both really bad with saying soppy stuff to each other so wed prob end up laughing all the way through it. Whenever we say I love you there's always a but your a pain in the ass at the end and id probably end up having to stick an insult at the end of my vows lol

I did a search online for some examples and actually there are some pretty good ones. We've found a few that we like that aren't soppy but are more as promises to each other. We aren't a soppy couple at all which is why a reading wasn't right for us. But the vows can be whatever you want.
I'll try and find the website that I found. I did it on my laptop and I'm on my phone now so I make no promises :lol:

I don't know if it's £500 all over England. I guess being the council they can charge whatever prices they want :wacko: And it means it could vary. But I don't know! Still ridiculous. If we ha got married at the registry office it would have only been £150...so £300+ just for the registrar to travel out for an hour!!

That's crazy money :wacko: I didn't realise they charged that much :o

:happydance: your buttonholes are stunning

Had another wedding nightmare last night :wacko: getting nervous now!!! Eep

I can't remember now. Something to do with something not turning up or being booked for the wrong day :wacko:

I tried my dress on again last night...it doesn't fit :hissy: I'm now having a mad panic and desperately weighing up my options. And totally stressing out. This is no fun!!!! Everything is going wrong :cry:

Ohh how horrible, I'm dreading having another one they are not nice!

Ohh no how much does it not fit by? What dates your wedding again ?

Oh god hope that's the last of the nightmares! How close are you to fitting into your dress? Don't stress, everything will come together!

Well it does up. It's a button back though so I have no give or take. I either fit it or I don't. We had to pull the corset so tight to get the buttons done up. It was so uncomfortable. And my back fat had a fold in it down the middle. And I had serious overhang :hissy::hissy::hissy: I think for it to be 'comfortable' I need to lose half a stone minimum...for it to fit properly I think I need to lose a whole stone, but then I risk looking ill!!
It was sold to me as a size 10, but if that's a size 10 then the rest of my wardrobe is wrong :lol:

I don't know what to do. OH reckons I can lose the weight but what if I don't?? :shrug:

Could you get a seamstress to change it to a lace up back at all and maybe put in a modesty panel? that would give you a bit of give with it :hugs:

Could you get a seamstress to change it to a lace up back at all and maybe put in a modesty panel? that would give you a bit of give with it :hugs:

You know I hadn't even thought of that :dohh: That's such a good idea. Thank you!

I'm going to look into having the back fastening changed. But I'm also gonna try and work my arse off to lose the weight, because that's free :lol: Just been to work to use the gym AND I'm refusing carbs with tonight's dinner...having an extra helping of broccoli instead. I dont even like brocolli! Dedicated :haha: This will last approx 2 days. Haha

So to take my mind off the dress issue last night I decided we needed to finalise our song choices for the ceremony...so we sat last night and I forced OH to listen to the 'shortlist' of songs and we are finally agreed. All apart from which version of 'At last' we should have, Etta James or Beyonce?! :wacko: But at least we know what songs we are having.
We are having major issues with our 'first dance' song though. OH agrees that "our song" isn't suitable as a first dance song (even though it's often used as first dances :shrug:) but we don't know what to have instead!!
And father/daughter dance...please can I have suggestions of what you guys are using, if you are having a father/daughter dance??

I'm not having a father/daughter dance song, but if Dad was still alive we would have probably had something by Morrissey, not sure what, but Dad was a massive fan. Maybe you could try and choose someone who your Dad is a fan of?

First dance song I'm REALLY not sure :wacko: I seriously need to start getting a shortlist of songs together too :dohh:

I've been looking at my Dads music actually. I think I need to enlist the help of my stepmum on this one. I don't know if I even want a father/daughter dance :wacko:

You could ask for one of his favourite songs to be played and then ask if he wants to dance, so it's not an official father daughter dance?

Successful wedding stuff day...

Went into town to find a hair clip for me for the day, came home with a hair clip for me, hair clips for LO, an evening dress, evening shoes (Foms :lol:), and presents for the day for LO (she's been going on about a Hello Kitty bag she's seen or ages so I got her that and some Hello Kitty stationary and bracelet). We'll give it to her during the speeches when we do all the other gifts so she's included, otherwise everyone on the top table will have a gift but her :nope:

Also booked the wedding car. Well, booked the rental car that my brother will be using whilst over here :haha: Muuuch cheaper than hiring a car, and it means my brother and his family have transport, which they wouldn't have done otherwise.

Oh, and got some wood for the seating plan...it dawned on me today that we an actually start that now, and the place names. So guess what I'm doing tonight. Lol

My aunt got her dress years before they got married and fell pregnant. She was 7 months by the time they got married. She had an elasticated pannel put in the back with ribbons to look like the elastic was a modisty panel with a lace up back. Unless you knew you would not have been able to tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->