Done... I 'AM' Mrs K!!

No you're not. All these details are what will make the day yours and unique x

But it's just the table plan. MIL doesn't even think we need a table plan :shrug:

Have had major family dramas this weekend. My brother finally explained his RSVP...he is coming in the day then my SIL is coming down at 6.30 (an hour before the evening starts) to drop all four of her kids off (two of them are my brothers step children who don't actually live with them!) and then SIL is off out for the weekend with her friends. She isn't coming to the wedding, but she expects us to entertain her kids for her!!? And not only that, the two younger children are 4 and 2, so why would they even consider dropping them off at 6.30pm an option???! I said to my brother that why don't the younger two join him for the day then SIL can pick them up (since she doesn't want to be there) but apparently that's not possible because they have nursery that day :wacko::wacko: I'm so sick to my back teeth of them (her) and their stupid games and demands. Iv got no choice now but to tell my brother that when he's needed for babysitting duties then he will just have to leave, because OH doesn't want the other two children there and neither of us want two tired toddlers there. Even our own LO is leaving at about 8ish and my friend is having her toddler picked up at 7 because its their bedtimes and they'll be tired!!

I know that all sounds really selfish and in reality, it's just an extra two children, but I just really resent that our wedding day is being used as a drop off point when SIL can't even be bothered to come!!

Hahaha, well your MIL is insane so her opinion doesnt count for much :haha: I've only been to weddings with table plans and in my family if there wasnt one then people would probably drag chairs from one table to another so they can sit with who they want :haha:

:shock: it just gets worse doesnt it? I cant believe they think that would be okay, especially given that SIL can go out any time but you get one wedding, which they have known about for ages. I dont think it is selfish at all a) you didnt invite them and b) they are little and will be tired especially after a day at nursery.

I'm waiting until tomorrow when my brother should be back at work until I message him and tell him once and for all that the kids aren't coming. If my SIL wasn't such a self centred cow then she would surely do the decent thing and tell him that he can go to the wedding, enjoy himself, and she'll stay home with the kids. But as it is, she will twist it and make it so that I'm the bad guy leaving no choice for my brother :rolleyes:

I just dount understand why she would do that. You dont have much luck with inlaws do you?

Yeah I would do that too, is yours a child free wedding? I can't remember! Even so, I think the kids should be in bed after a certain time, hence it being pointless them coming even if you wanted them to. SIL sounds like a bitch though, what's her problem? Xx

Im the same as you, so many things i keep thinking why am i wanting it to be so perfect, i bet people wont even notice!

Good luck with your brother, deffo stick your ground, its really not fair what they are doing!! I dont understand why youd want to have your tired children there anyway if you had the choice, we have to cause everyone will be at the wedding but id love to have had someone to take them hope at bedtime!!

It's not a child free wedding, no, but common sense kinda says don't turn up at 7pm with your 2 year old :haha:
I'm messaging him today...I'm ready for round 2. Haha!
My SIL is just awful. She's a vile woman. We haven't spoken for about 6 months and she made my brother choose between her and our mum!!!! :wacko: So my brother hasn't spoken to out mum in about 4 months...and they live opposite each other :nope: None of our family like her. She treats my brother like a piece of crap :nope:

BUT on a lighter note...photographer is fully paid :happydance: Just need to confirm with him what formal shots we want. Need to email the registry office too with our updated song choices and vow choices. And I need to get my hair cut!!! Lol

I hope round two goes okay.

Yay for the photographer being paid off, its all coming together :dance:

Fantastic that you've got the photographer paid off :happydance:

Hope it goes well with your brother. This woman sounds like a right nasty piece of work :grr:

And I've just booked for my hair cut this PM :happydance: I haven't dare look at my bank balance since before my hen do :haha: I am dreading it. I've spent a small fortune this month and I've not paid the nursery yet :wacko:

I've just text my brother...I'll keep you all posted!

About to email the photographer with our 'formal' choices too....

And I'm slightly freaking out a bit (ok, a lot) that IM GETTING MARRIED SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow you've had so much going on aly hope it will settle soon. Hope your all ok xx

Thanks Faye :kiss:

So, because I'm an excellent procrastinator, and because I'm putting off emailing/calling the registry office, I decided that a better use of my time would be to draw on the photo frames we are using for our table numbers :lol: This is the first quick one...

https://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p507/hotpics2012/43EC0A58-14A8-433D-A356-2F037646255C-14631-000003CB17492154.jpg

Can't decide to do each one differently or all the same? Don't even know what else to draw on the others (if I go for different things) but I can't very well leave them blank now I've done one :haha: I can't do anymore now anyway because a certain little lady has confiscated my pencil :rolleyes: But I'll spend more time on the others

Ok I just caught up - well done on the weight loss, your teeth look amazing and the picture frame looks really good! I think different ones would look cute... maybe some with just a single peacock feather?

Did your brother reply? Sorry you're having to go through family drama, your SIL sounds like a total dick.

Haha thanks. Yes, SIL is a dick. We don't even think my brothers youngest son is his (and my brother has his doubts too because we've discussed it before :wacko:). I just wish she would disappear and leave my brother and the boys to get on with their lives :nope:

No reply from him yet...hoping he replies in his lunch break :shrug:

I've not lost any weight since I dropped into the 9stone range. It's so hard :hissy: But I'm due on any day now and I usually gain just before so I'm trying not to stress too much.

And I thought about doing single feathers, but they are super hard to draw :lol: I've just scribbled a swirly attempt on a bit of paper that looks ok, but I'm not sure. My 'fine liner' isn't as fine as it needs to be, as you can tell from the peacock drawing :lol:

Okay I own one of those photo frames but forgot where I bought it lol! Refresh my mind ;) I like your doodles! I'm totally crap at anything like that so I'm quite impressed :D xx

They're from Dunelm Mill. I got them in the sale for £2 each or something. Lol! And thank you. The only problem with drawing all over them is I can't re-use them or sell them on :dohh:

Yeah but you could put fun photos from the wedding in them and dot them around your house :) xx

How did it go with your brother ?

Your frames look so good, very talented, wish I could go things like that haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->