• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Done... I 'AM' Mrs K!!

I don't trust him. He'd get married in his work gear if he wasn't given any direction. Luckily his best man is pretty good at that stuff, sort of. Oh god, what am I doing :lol: They'll be fine. I'm expecting regular text updates whilst they are at the suit shop on Tuesday. If not I'll be in a right panic

If you don't like what they choose go in and change the order to the suits you like :haha: my OH wouldn't have noticed if I done that :lol: x

Today's the day :cry: iv sent text messages to him and his usher detailing the style and colour that he's allowed to have. It's all in their hands now. Eek

Today's the day :cry: iv sent text messages to him and his usher detailing the style and colour that he's allowed to have. It's all in their hands now. Eek

Hope he gets on well and listened to what you said haha.
Are you getting to see what they have chose or not ?

He chose tails :wacko: I don't like them. And his usher looks like a pullbearer in them!!! but what can I say??? He has no say in my outfit or my bridesmaids outfits so should I have a say in his? :shrug: They just are not in keeping with the 'relaxed easy going' wedding that we're going for :nope: And the only reason we're going for 'informal' is for his sake!! Help?

:hugs: hun. I've no idea what to suggest. I don't like tails either but I knew Chris wouldn't choose them coz he's a short arse and would look like a plank. Could you maybe just mention to him that you don't like him and see what he says x

:hugs:
I know it won't make the situation any better but I love tails and that's what we've gone for!
Have you said to him that you don't like tails ?

Ohh I don't know what to say :( was he happy with his choice?

Are they hired or brought?

Thanks girls.

Kel, he's not tall either. Well, he's not short but he's shorter than me, as are both his groomsmen.

They're only going to be hired. The place they went to today looks nice and the suit material was gorgeous, but they want £405 just for their three suits, then we have our Dads on top!!

I told him afterwards that I don't like tails. I stupidly sent him a picture of the kind of thing they should be going for so they just walked in and held up the picture :dohh: But my picture wasn't a tailcoat :brat:

I dunno, think I'm just being selfish. I think the thing that makes it look worse than it is is that they've gone for waistcoats in the same colour. I've told him if he's going for a tailcoat then he needs a contrasting coloured waistcoat. Might help. Lol

Tehe if it makes you feel better again, my OH and 2 of his ushers are small and when he tried on the tail coat it looked fab, didnt make him look short at all! I think the key is to have a decent well fitted suit and I won't look bad!

Also we are having matching grey waistcoats to the rest of the suits :rofl: everything you don't like tehe but that's the look we love :)

What did he say when you said you didn't like them?

If they are hired could he not go back and change his mind?

Wow at the price I thought ours were pricey at £100 a suit and the groom going free :haha:

Haha, your OH can probably pull off the 'smart' look. My OH literally LIVES in either his work gear (he's a mechanic) or joggers (when he's at home). His idea of 'smart' is to put on a pair of jeans with just a little bit of fraying at the bottoms :dohh: And his GMs aren't much better. His BM is all tattooed and stretched ears and rarely takes his cap off and his usher is just scruffy

I'm in a bad mood with him tonight anyway so when I said I wasn't keen on a tailcoat he just shrugged. He didn't try anything else on whilst he was there either :/ He hasn't hired them yet. He knows better than to make any firm decisions without consulting me first :muaha: I just feel like a mega bitch telling him what to wear :(

:rofl:

Ohh that's good then!
No you shouldn't feel bad, I didn't even let me OH go on his own, I had completely in my head what I wanted them to wear and when I'd say it to OH he hated the sound of it!
We went and he tried it on and loved it, but he would have never picked it!

I'd go back with him and get him to try and a few different bits just to see, if he still prefers what he chose then I guess there might have to be a bit of give and take but he might prefer something you get him to try!!

So, I've calmed down, and discussed the "issue" with my friend at work, and I'm warming to the tailcoats :lol: I don't want him to go for a light waistcoat because chances are, being a May wedding, that he'll only wear the coat for the ceremony and then it'll be waistcoat for the rest of the day. And the dark waistcoat looks fit ;) And i've decided the jacket only didn't look "great" because it was too big for him. It should look better when he has one that fits him. So I'm letting him have whatever he wants. Aren't I such a lovely wife? :rofl:

You certainly are :haha: I went with mine and basically choose for them :haha: x

:dohh: I keep mentally spending money we don't have!!
I've decided that since we're paying for my our Dads suits then I want to put some money towards my mums outfit too. I mentioned it to her the other night and she told me off, but I'm just as stubborn as her so she's getting it whether she wants it or not

Might be buying my ring this weekend. Just want to be able to tick something off the list. Lol! And need to give OH a kick up the bum for his ring!

Aaaaand need to decide what to do for hen do :wacko: actually have no idea! Help?

Some I like:

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-yy_j_FPSods/TextOKVvLxI/AAAAAAAAAOw/oMug-I7irkc/s1600/bridal-hairstyles.jpg

https://wedding-pictures-02.onewed.com/30566/wedding-hair-makeup-inspiration-2012-met-ball-vintage-inspired__full-carousel.jpg

https://bridalmusings.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/jones_diprieto_kamee_june_photography_IMG2503briandphiledit_low.jpg
(the blonde one, not the brunette bob ;) )

https://www.fashionsplanet.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Long-Vintage-Waves-Hairstyle-1.jpg

But don't know how any of these would work with a veil :wacko:

I really like the first one! :thumbup:

As for the hen do. No idea! I was greedy and had 2 :haha: one was a trip to Alton Towers the other was a surprise by my MOH which was a river boat cruise then on to the town (which I didn't end up doing as I had a headache :lol: ) x

I like the first and last the best I think. Might need some hair extensions though. Lol

I want two too. Well, actually more like three :lol: I want one with my closest girls (BMs and sisters and best friends etc) where we go away and do something (like Lauren is going to London for a show). Then I want one local where all my girls and I go out on the town nearby. Then I want one with my mum and MOH where we go for a mini spa break just before the wedding :thumbup: Is that greedy? Haha
Just need to decide what the 'going away' one should be :/ xx

Not greedy at all. I'd have had more if I could have :haha: no idea where to go away to. You should come up my way :winkwink: stay in a posh hotel and go the metro shopping too :) a nice girly weekend away :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->