• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Done... I 'AM' Mrs K!!

I was just looking at weekends in Manchester actually. The Hen Heaven website lets you choose a bunch of 'activities' for lots of cities and they put it all together for you. I'm sure they do one your way too ;) I'm sure it'd be cheaper if we planned it all ourselves though :lol: At least I've got some ideas now :) xx

I think a weekend with activities would be great. Although you do need to squeeze some shopping in :winkwink: :haha: x

But my girlies are all sooo different. It's going to be hard to keep them all pleased, and shopping is not the way to do it :lol: Plus shopping is probably the fastest way to blow £££ that I don't/won't have. Haha
I was looking at a treetop adventure type thing (or similar, depending on where we are), afternoon tea or cocktail making class, a meal out, and maybe a cabaret club in the evening. And a stay overnight of course :thumbup:

But my girlies are all sooo different. It's going to be hard to keep them all pleased, and shopping is not the way to do it :lol: Plus shopping is probably the fastest way to blow £££ that I don't/won't have. Haha
I was looking at a treetop adventure type thing (or similar, depending on where we are), afternoon tea or cocktail making class, a meal out, and maybe a cabaret club in the evening. And a stay overnight of course :thumbup:

The cocktail making class is so much fun.. Me and a group of friends done one on a mates birthday weekend in may.. U drink what you make..needless to say we all got a little drunk lol

The bloke who was running ours gave us forfiets.. If we spilt anything while making the drinks we had to do a chilli flavoured shot.. Lol

I love the second and last hair!

Go for it with your Hen do's! I was going to have 2 but I've invited everyone to London and everyone bar 4 people are coming so I thought there's no point because them 4 probs wouldn't even come if it was at home!!

I've been to Liverpool a few times and love it there, also love Manchester! And as you know I'm going to London, apart from them I don't really know anywhere but I can really recommend Liverpool and Manchester!

I went on different websites for hen weekends to get ideas for things to do, but I'm finding its cheaper to do it separate (so is OH for his stag do abroad) I think it depends what you want to do!

The cocktail making class is something I've thought about too, one of my friends done it on another Hen Weekend and she said it was great and like Kezza2012 said they all came out rather tipsy!

I'm finding it hard trying to include everyone too as mine is mainly family and 2 of my close friends! There are 18 of us, 10 'young ones' and 8 'older' ones e.g mum, MIL and Aunties but everyone keeps saying to me do what i want, people need to realise its your weekend!!

My friend did the cocktail class on her hen do. My LO was just 6 months and I was a fat mess, and it was the first time I'd had anything to drink in about 2 years :haha: but it was brill. And the food afterwards was pretty tasty so we could include that as our meal.

I wasn't going to invite my mum/MIL. Should I be? it would not be their thing at all. But if I do the spa day they'd be there then, so that'd be ok wouldn't it?

My friend did the cocktail class on her hen do. My LO was just 6 months and I was a fat mess, and it was the first time I'd had anything to drink in about 2 years :haha: but it was brill. And the food afterwards was pretty tasty so we could include that as our meal.

I wasn't going to invite my mum/MIL. Should I be? it would not be their thing at all. But if I do the spa day they'd be there then, so that'd be ok wouldn't it?

Yes of course that would be fine :)
I'm only inviting family cause I don't have many friends :haha:
A lot of people don't do anything Witt their families so if your doing a spa I'm sure they'd enjoy that!

I didn't invite mine on either of my hen do's :lol: don't worry about it. Just plan a spa day with them instead. I wouldn't invite my mum to one of those as she's not that type of mum but I would invite my MIL x

Aahh good. I didn't wanna invite them on my girlie weekend away :lol:
I've been looking at costs of things and actually, hen dos are effing expensive :dohh: Might have to reconsider a few options maybe. Or do something closer to home. I don't know :(

I ordered my wedding ring today though :happydance: Should be available to collect next week hopefully!! One less thing to worry about x

They really are expensive once you add everything up, but then it's not like you have hen do's all the time so if you want to do something or go somewhere then go for it :)

:happydance: yaaayyyy for getting your wedding ring, what's it like ?

Yeah I know. I don't know. Not feeling it at the moment :( The hen do, that is!

It's just a plain white gold 2mm band. I don't wear any jewellery ever really (rarely even wear my engagement ring :haha:) so definitely didn't want anything big or flashy. And it was cheap :lol: x

I was like that for ages, I was like I can't even imagine my hen do but then I just got the desire to look into it, now I'm booking the tickets and sorting the hotel but apart from that I can't be bothered to sort anything else :haha:

Sounds lovely, I'm dreading sorting my ring, I've got to have mine made to fit with my engagement ring but I have no clue :(

I didn't even think about how it will fit with my engagement ring :wacko: What's your ring like? I know you can get wedding rings that are wishbone shaped or will it have to interlock with your engament ring?

I think I need to bully my BMs into doing more for my hen do. At the moment they are just waiting for me to tell them what I plan to do :lol:
I was also thinking, my hen party will be made up of people who have never realy met before, so was going to make a FB group and invite them all in. At least give them the option to talk to each other. And then they'll know they're all invited (and therefore to save money if they need to)! Good/bad idea??

Oh, I just looked at your engagement ring...I see your dilemma. Haha x

Haha yes it's the shape of my ring! I'm hoping to go to the jewellery quarters in Birmingham to have it made as I've heard from lots of people they are quite reasonable there!

The Facebook group is exactly what I've done, I also find it easier if I'm chasing people up to put a message on there etc.
I'm finding it hard with my MOH because she's said she'll sort it all but sadly her Husband passed away a few months ago after being given 8 weeks to live and they go married in that time so I feel bad asking her to help and do wedding things incase certain things upset her so I find myself not even though I want her too!
I'd just ask if they have any ideas and then they might offer their help :)

Oh no :( how sad for your friend! I'd find it hard to ask too. Im sure she'll get more involved as it gets closer to the date. Especially with your LO on the way.

I just need to decide exactly who I do/don't invite then. I don't want to invite someone who I later change my mind about, and I don't want to not invite someone only to ask them later and make them feel like an after thought :wacko: This is hard!!

Yes pick wisely haha! I still haven't booked my tickets because one of my friends is messing around getting the money to me and my cousins just told me my auntie doesn't know if she's coming so they are both being told that if I don't have the money by 2moro night then I'm not booking them a ticket!

I've never known something to cause so much stress and hassle, the wedding planning is easy compared with this! Good luck hehe :haha:

Well I did it. I invited the 9 who I would love to be there and sent them all invites, most accepted right away, one is a 'maybe' (but understandable as she'll have a 6 week old babba by that point), one mentioned it to me off Facebook and said she'd "check her diary" (for next APRIL????) and the last hasn't even responded. So now in pissed off :rolleyes: I said in the intro thing that I am not expecting everyone to accept and will not be devestated if anyone declines, but if they're not coming then they need to just say so that I can start planning numbers etc :brat::brat:

I've come to a stand still on my to do list too. Partly because I've lost inspiration (is there such a thing as 'bridal block'? :lol:) and partly because I've ran out of money in the wedding fund pot. I've got loads of things I need to make, but the thought of designing them, printing them, cutting them, constructing them really puts me off :dohh:

The ones you haven't heard from I just would book without them. Tell them that you assumed they weren't going as you had no reply and had to get on with the booking. I hate people that do that!! It winds me up!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->