• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Done... I 'AM' Mrs K!!

But how long do I leave it? I only made the FB group/event on Wednesday. Need to give them a chance, or do I? :lol:

I'd put up a reminder on the group on say tues/weds that u need answers by Friday maybe??

X

I'd give them till Wednesday. A week is sufficient. I would probably send a group message out today asking people to reply by Wednesday then close the event lol x

Haha, the last person literally accepted the request an hour ago, so I'm happy :happydance: I updated the event with what the ideas are so far so I don't know if that influenced/prompted her, but I don't care as long as she's there :)

Aww that's great news, glad Everyone accepted!
The worst part for my was people saying yes then when it came to it, one of my friends kept saying she was getting the money then started ignoring me, then I had an auntie who was making up excuses not to come even though she said she would! I always knew when asking for money would be who would actually come!

What are your ideas you've got?

Yeah I expect at least one (the one who wanted to check her diary first) will mess me around when it comes to paying up. I'm sure a couple of the others will too, but I'll just set my MOH on them :lol: So far the plan is to go to Manchester, do a Go Ape type thing in the morning, out for lunch somewhere, then a cocktail making class in the afternoon and a cabaret show in the evening. It'll mean 2 nights away and about £180-£200pp, but I've already warned them its gonna be expensive and for them to start saving (for those that need to save). Fingers crossed!!

Sounds fab!! Can't wait till time comes for me to book hen night :D exciting!!!

X x

Went to collect my ring today...didn't like it :lol: so i'm still ringless!! I thought I wanted a plain band, but I tried on a few different sizes (widths) and none looked right. Then I tried on a crossover type one and loved it. Well, loved the look, not that particular ring. So back on the hunt!! Grr

Went to collect my ring today...didn't like it :lol: so i'm still ringless!! I thought I wanted a plain band, but I tried on a few different sizes (widths) and none looked right. Then I tried on a crossover type one and loved it. Well, loved the look, not that particular ring. So back on the hunt!! Grr

Haha aww your not, atleast you know exactly what your looking for now :)

8months will soon be 4!

Can't believe the speed this goes over. I got a bridal set for my rings x

I know!!! Scary

Well I've found a ring. Three times the cost of the original ring, but OH has said to go for it anyway :wacko: So I'm torn!

And my favour tags finally arrived today. Just need to get some ink and stamp them up :thumbup: And I've had an idea for the flower girl "basket" (thank you Martha Stewart :lol:) so I'm back on a roll I think :yipee:

Just need to win Euromillions (£95MILLION JACKPOT!!!) on Friday now. Haha

Have you got a picture, I wanna see :)
Well if your OH has said yes I'd go for it!! Do you think you'll be able to afford it or do you think it will make you struggle with everything else ?

Haha well if you win you know where I am :haha:

Ahh i'll reword 6 will be 3 in no time :haha:

Hows the planning going have you got much left to do? x

Bridesmaid gifts:
Three of their gifts arrived today. Really need to get the boxes to put them in soon just to keep them all together, but don't know what size I'll need yet :/ Don't want to go too big and make them look empty. But don't want to go too small either!!

Rings:
Think we're going to order the ring this weekend :happydance:

Accommodation (night before):
Pretty sure I'm going to get ready at my dads house. A, it's free and B, there's a lot more space than at the reception hotel. I'll have to work around everything else (ie, seeing my mum before the ceremony and overseeing the reception decorations)

Centrepieces:
:grr::grr::hissy::hissy::grr::grr::brat::brat:

:happydance: yaaayyyy you sound like your back in to the swing of things with your planning!

You'll work out seeing your Mum, it will all fit into place some how! Will your bridesmaids be getting ready with you on the day of the wedding?

Haha what are your thoughts on your centrepieces now?

I'd like my bridesmaids to get ready with me really. Bit of last minute gossiping and panicking :lol: But I can't afford for us to all have our hair/make-up done. I'll discuss it with them. Let them decide

I'll work my mum into it somehow too. Don't know how yet, but I will. Even if she comes to my dads for 20 minutes beforehand. They get on, but it'll just be awkward, you know?

Quite a successful day today..

Bought an ink pad so I can start stamping up our place name cards. I'll start those tonight (after I've done my 30 day shred) because im too impatient to just sit on them now I know if got it all.

Bought another wedding ring :lol: with any luck I'll actually like this one!

Made a decent start on my flower girls' "basket". I'll show you a pic once it's done :thumbup: I still don't know what's going in it though. I don't think it'll be flowers though!

And I'm committed to the centrepieces now :lol: coz I've just spent £45 on supplies. So no going back. We are having the bunches of branches with tealights hanging off them. Fingers crossed. Haha

And OH got a letter from the tax man yesterday with a lovely £3k tax rebate :happydance: but he says he's already 'allocated' the money :gun: but, ther'es plenty of time for me to change (force) his decision. Haha

:happydance: for the rebate! Lucky you (I mean OH :lol: ) I would persuade OH anout what to allocate it too as well :haha: X

It's coz he knew he was getting it. He went self employed in March so he was able to 'cancel out' a huge chunk of his employed earnings from that year meaning he's got basically all of his tax back :lol: good for us, not so good for the tax man! Haha

This is the closest I can find to how my ring looks. Mine is slightly different in that the cross is a bit wider and there are 13 diamonds so the band goes further around the ring a bit. But this is the general style: :happydance:

https://bestengagementrings.uk.net/images/ernestjones/6751652.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->