Dont be shy how much weight have you gained??

I'm up 18 pounds :-/ I gained most of it in my first trimester though, and now I'm just gaining about 3-4 pounds per month. I didn't have any morning sickness.

My midwife doesn't seem worried about it though, so I'm trying not to worry either.

Iv put on 3.5kg at 16 weeks I thought that was a lot but the midwife wasn't worried.. I googled it and its around 7.5lbs

Oh yeah, and mines all in my ass and thighs! :(

Ok so the first half of my pregnancy I gained 7 lbs. not to bad but in the last month I have gained 8Lbs...WHAT?!!?!! I eat the same if not better and dont look chinky at all its like once my belly popped so did the scale lol..my doctor said it is normal and I understand the baby has grow a lot but geeze I cant gain that much each month lol..
Anyone else pop?!
I have always been fit and lean so this is weird for me..I am going to continue eating healthy and taking care of myself even if i keep gaining..honestly I have never felt better before!! I fell great pregnant!
Btut still worried I want to ba able to loose all the extra weight.

Im the same as you, dont worry its normal, its not fat! I gained 6lbs in the first 4 or 5 Months, and then in a Month gained 8 as well! I can still wear my pre pregnancy pants (minus zipping them up from the belly) Ive just gained it in my uterus and my boobs, which im perfectly fine with! I think theres a huge growth spurt in the middle months.

I'm 27 weeks and change and I've gained 33 lbs. It horrifies me in general, but my doctor doesn't seem concerned at all. I never had morning sickness, just crazy hunger. I eat really healthy 85% of the time. I figure I'll probably gain 45 by the time this is all said and done.

Im the same as you, dont worry its normal, its not fat! I gained 6lbs in the first 4 or 5 Months, and then in a Month gained 8 as well! I can still wear my pre pregnancy pants (minus zipping them up from the belly) Ive just gained it in my uterus and my boobs, which im perfectly fine with! I think theres a huge growth spurt in the middle months.[/QUOTE]

I am not worried..its amusing to me how your body can change so much in such little time. And thanks I forgot to add the boob weight lol I have a lot of that!! I can also still wear my pants but try not to since it is uncomftorable to sit! And yes baby is growing a lot now

I lost 2lbs in 1st tri (little or no ms) and as of today ~16 weeks I've gained 3lbs. I desperately praying i don''t go over 20lbs by the end of this pregnancy even though I pretty much don't have much of a control and plus i waited so long for this baby it's worth the weight (no pun intended).

does eating healthy really help keep your weight in check? any tips?

I say eating healthy helps..if you eat burgers everyday you obviously will gain more. In the end tho I think our bodies gain what they feel is right whether it is 15lbs or 70lbs. It knows better than us. But if you eat bad than dont expect to bounce back.
Also as far as eating healthy your baby can taste what were eating so if you want it to like broccoile that eat brocolli :)

i have put on 8lb so far.

I just eat what i feel like eating and dont worry about my weight.

I lost over a stone after as soon as i gave birth before anyway

I could hardly eat at all my first pregnancy and I still gained 47 lbs by the end ... Was just weighed at my appt on Wednesday and I've gained 24 lbs ... I suppose I'm right on track to my last pregnancy my mom gained between 50-70 lbs in all 3 of her pregnancies so I never worried too much I lose it all in the weeks after I give birth anyways ... I don't eat any different than I did pre pregnancy at all if anything lately it's been smaller portions since I don't have as much room in there :p

I'm still under my pre-pregnancy weight...BUT I had lost 20lbs at 14 weeks, and now am only down 5 lbs from my straying weight, so I've gained 15 lbs in six weeks! Did the same thing last pregnancy, lost lots, gained quickly in second tri, then gained slowly in third. Everyone is different. As long as your not gorging, and eating relatively healthy, your body will so what it needs.

I have gained about 8lb in 18 weeks but I was a fitness fanatic and was training 2hours a day 5 days a week and working full time running around for 5 hours at a time which has now stopped to about working out 1hour every couple days because of low blood pressure. But I woke up this morning and all my belly bloat is gone!!! I don't even look pregnant no more =( so I have probably lost about 2lb of water weight

AsEn11, I feel like a fatty too! I gained about 10lbs the first 20 weeks, but then 8 in the last month! The dr. said I'm still on track for weight gain, as long as it doesn't keep jumping like this. I'm trying to eat more veggies for snacks, but I feel like as long as I keep eating healthy and exercising, I'm gonna gain what I'm gonna gain. It will be ok.

I had bad morning sickness up until the end of last week. I was put on Zofran at 6 weeks to prevent weight loss and hopefully help me gain some in the first trimester. I started off underweight no no chances were taken. I ended up gaining 1-2 lbs(depending on scale and time of day) by 12 weeks, which I was happy about. I think I've gained 2-3 pounds in the past week though.:haha: I'm not really sure though. Due to past eating issues we don't own a scale in our home, so I only get weighed when going into the doctor. Honestly as long as I feel good, feel like I look good, and baby is healthy and growing well then I don't care. On the worst weeks in the 1st trimester I was in the gym 1x week, but I've been able to pick it back up quite a bit, so I'm feeling better in more ways than 1. At the end of both pregnancies with my boys I remember greatly regretting how much I worried about not gaining too much weight because I lost any I had left over after childbirth and then some. I gained 16lbs with DS1 and 26lbs with DS2. I was more relaxed with DS2, but still stressed and worried. I had different starting weights with both pregnancies. I ended up weighing 151 lbs with both boys at the end. I wouldn't be surprised if I ended at 151 lbs with this one and I'd be perfectly okay with that.

I've been craving salty things like you wouldn't believe, but it seems to help settle my stomach too. Oh, and cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory. I've had 2 slices already this week and it's awesome! :haha:

I'm 21 weeks and I've gained about 14lbs so far

Sorry I just checked the scales and I have only gained 4lb in 18 weeks

I haven't gained any yet. I am steady between 155 and 160 (where I have been for a while). I was concerned and asked my midwife about it and she is more concerned about me growing and not the weight gain.

i didnt start gaining til second trimester and at 21 weeks i got weighed and was up 11lbs 2 weeks later (yes 2 weeks) i was up 16lbs! I wanted to cry at first like seriously 5lbs in 2 weeks wtffff buuuut i realised i drink a TON of water so that could be adding to my weight...i hope so anyways. Im only seeing it in my belly and a little in my boobs and im still wearing my prepregnancy pants so i guess its not all that bad just a little depressing watching the scales continuously go up and up and up lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->