• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Don't feel pregnant?

hopeful2797

Reaction score
I need some help from people who have been pregnant before. I have been pregnant once before, but didn't find out until I was 13 weeks so any symptoms I had in the beginning I completely missed.

According to my LMP (I don't go to the doctor until the 5th), I am about 6 weeks, 3 days pregnant. I have some symptoms. I'm tired all the time, but insomnia is kicking my butt. I sometimes feel nauseated, I'm moody and crampy.

The problem is, I don't FEEL pregnant. I don't know how I'm supposed to feel right now. Do you just feel normal? Like I said, by the time I found out last time I could feel my hardened uterus in my abdomen and could physically tell. This time, I am much earlier and don't know what I am supposed to feel right now.

Thanks!

It's very normal to NOT feel pregnant. This is also my second pregnancy, with my first, I was constantly paranoid that maybe the pee stick was wrong, until I went to the doctors of course. Even then, sometimes those waits between visits make you feel like it's all just a dream. It's really not until you SEE a bump or feel baby move that you're really convinced there's a little person in there. I have my first visit on Monday (4th) and am just SO anxious!

Thanks for the reply! I am just so paranoid. My first pregnancy ended at 21 weeks because of an incompetent cervix, so I am very concerned about making everything go right this time. I just didn't know if I should FEEL pregnant. I don't want to be excited and get to the doctor's office to hear that there has been a mistake!

I always feel like this...! Still do and worry that when i go for my 12 week scan i will be told there is nothing there or something has gone wrong... It doesn't help that this time round i have felt way less sick than previous times so i think i have almost convinced myself something is wrong...

I'm just like you! I was so shocked with the lack of symptoms, with exception of insomnia (well, I'm a chronic insomniac, so it didn't help, but I do notice that my dreams are VERY bizarre), and extreme fatigue.

For a long time I felt like I was NOT pregnant. It wasn't until my 11 weeks scan on Tuesday that everything does seem so real as I can see a human baby instead of a blob that I saw at my 7 weeks scan. :D I still don't feel "pregnant", but with a bump, bloated belly, weird dreams, and fatigue...it has kicked in. I think it'll be quite a while before we can feel any sort of "movement" down there. Next time you go for a sonogram, ask your nurse/doctor to show you exactly where your baby is. I find that when I found out where the baby is, I actually place my hands there all the time, and I "feel" attached.

:hugs:

I need some help from people who have been pregnant before. I have been pregnant once before, but didn't find out until I was 13 weeks so any symptoms I had in the beginning I completely missed.

According to my LMP (I don't go to the doctor until the 5th), I am about 6 weeks, 3 days pregnant. I have some symptoms. I'm tired all the time, but insomnia is kicking my butt. I sometimes feel nauseated, I'm moody and crampy.

The problem is, I don't FEEL pregnant. I don't know how I'm supposed to feel right now. Do you just feel normal? Like I said, by the time I found out last time I could feel my hardened uterus in my abdomen and could physically tell. This time, I am much earlier and don't know what I am supposed to feel right now.

Thanks!

I didn't feel pregnant for a long time! I felt tired, nauseas, etc., like you say, but I didn't feel pregnant or like it was real. I saw the 6 weeks 4 day scan and saw the heartbeat and it was a bit more real, but it started REALLY getting real when three things happened; my belly started to really pop out at 11 weeks, I started vomiting at 11 weeks, and I started feeling little fluttery kicks or hiccups (not sure which) around then as well and I guess fourthly lol, saw my little girl looking like an actual baby on her 12 week 3 day scan, kicking, heart beating, hiccuping, moving her hands like she was doing that 80's robot dance :happydance: Between the vomiting and the belly and my gigantic breasts, and seeing my baby on the screen opening and closing her mouth and straightening her legs out and kicking, it became real to me. I now feel pregnant. I think you shouldn't worry about it, even if you don't get heaps of symptoms because some women don't! But there's bound to be something later on that will make it feel more real to you, whether it's expanding breasts or your bump or even if it happens later when you actually give birth or are further along. I think it happens at different times for women. Some women I've seen on these boards on similar threads have said it wasn't real for them until they started feeling the baby kick and move around. I know I'm really early to feel kicking/hiccuping but I know that's what I felt and I tend to agree, it becomes real then because then there is physical contact with the baby. So I say just hang in there :) Don't stress yourself about it and it will probably happen for you at some stage that something will make it feel real for you <3 Good luck and all the best :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->