dont have a bump buddy :(

It's such a horrible feeling, I can't wait for kicks to know she's there ... she can kick as hard as she wants (I'll prob regret saying it in a month or two when she's kicking me in the ribs :haha:) I tend to feel Isla move about late at night, I didn't feel her the night before last and worried myself sick that I had to ring my mum up in the UK to ask her if she'd be ok :blush: .... and the worrying won't stop here ladies hey, my dad keeps saying you've got this worry with you for the rest of your life.

Sometimes I worry about no weight gain as I was reading the other day by 17 weeks on average you should have gained somewhere between 7-10lbs. But I'm sure it'll catch up on me.

xx

I remembered being desperate to feel some movement too, i love it so much i really dont care about being kicked in the ribs lol! but my movements arent that strong yet, just little prods and kicks that i can feel from the inside

I defo wouldnt worry about not putting on enough weight, you've been fine at your scans/midwife appts i assume and they'd let you know by now if they were worried x

It's such a horrible feeling, I can't wait for kicks to know she's there ... she can kick as hard as she wants (I'll prob regret saying it in a month or two when she's kicking me in the ribs :haha:) I tend to feel Isla move about late at night, I didn't feel her the night before last and worried myself sick that I had to ring my mum up in the UK to ask her if she'd be ok :blush: .... and the worrying won't stop here ladies hey, my dad keeps saying you've got this worry with you for the rest of your life.

Sometimes I worry about no weight gain as I was reading the other day by 17 weeks on average you should have gained somewhere between 7-10lbs. But I'm sure it'll catch up on me.

xx

We wish so hard for movement and then freak out if we think its not enough lol I think ur right this is only the beginning of our worries ... ! x

I havent got a bump buddy, have put a few posts on but I think that nobody here likes me or wants to be my friend :haha::cry: lol. I think Ill just go stand over in the corner by myself and gently sway... :blush:

I havent got a bump buddy, have put a few posts on but I think that nobody here likes me or wants to be my friend :haha::cry: lol. I think Ill just go stand over in the corner by myself and gently sway... :blush:

Aww consider urself bump buddied ! Welcome to our little group :D xxx :flower:

So when is ur 20 week scan ?? Do u know blue or pink yet :D x

My 20 week scan is on the 7th november... bah - ages away!
No idea if pink or blue yet, but this preg is completely different to my previous one, dont know if that means its blue this time or that im just carrying the devil child lol :dohh:

Haha they do say each preg is different, this is my first so its all scary and exciting at the same time! I'm lying on the sofa ( hav barely moved all day god how lazy ) and god is he kicking today :D I can actually see my belly jump and shift I'm giggling watching it !! I have an anterior placenta so I'm amazed this is happening. Hav u felt movement with this one yet ? Xx

Haha they do say each preg is different, this is my first so its all scary and exciting at the same time! I'm lying on the sofa ( hav barely moved all day god how lazy ) and god is he kicking today :D I can actually see my belly jump and shift I'm giggling watching it !! I have an anterior placenta so I'm amazed this is happening. Hav u felt movement with this one yet ? Xx

I dont blame you for being a bit lazy - why not! Olivia is teething with 4 molars at the same time at the moment so she is a bit moody, well, she doesnt do moody, more just wants to be left on her own to sulk!
Its great isnt it when you watch them, I saw Olivias bum once sticking out my side - was sooooo odd lol She used to like wriggling in the bath and at night in bed. Have felt a few flutters I think but not too sure so far - could just have been wind :blush:

Lol bet its baby not wind ! I can't imagine a babys bum sticking outta me ! Aww ur little girl, bet she is a rite sweetie , no fun having 4 molars popping out ! :) x

Lol bet its baby not wind ! I can't imagine a babys bum sticking outta me ! Aww ur little girl, bet she is a rite sweetie , no fun having 4 molars popping out ! :) x

Yeah she is brilliant, :cloud9: I was expecting it to be a lot harder looking after her than it is but its really simple - daft as is sounds. She is very independent and has slept through the night 9pm-10am since 6 weeks so Im very lucky.
Im hoping she has a little bro to keep her company soon but a little girl will be cute too!
It was harder carrying her for 9 months than looking after her now.
Yeah its funny the positions they manage to get into when inside you, crazy little things, my OH would have a feel around on my bump and could feel all of her, was amazing but slightly grossed me out!! :dohh:

Really ???? Haha Eww! Feeling the entire outline sounds unreal !! Aww she sounds adorable, I hope my little boy behaves like that I'm missing my sleep. I can't find a comfy position, sleeping on my back hurts cos he is too heavy, and I'm peeing ALL the time :/ and its only gonna get worse ! :wacko:

Really ???? Haha Eww! Feeling the entire outline sounds unreal !! Aww she sounds adorable, I hope my little boy behaves like that I'm missing my sleep. I can't find a comfy position, sleeping on my back hurts cos he is too heavy, and I'm peeing ALL the time :/ and its only gonna get worse ! :wacko:

Lol I know how you feel, I pee all the time, cant get comfy and when I do I need to pee again! Luckily I have my bolster pillow - wouldnt cope without it. I have SPD too which doesnt help. I actually found pregnancy got easier the further along I got. :shrug:

Oh no spd is no fun :( I've had nothing serious so far, just peeing and cramping lol. When dies it start getting harder ?? X

Yeah I guess so Hehe. :blush: just wondering how the last few weeks are cos I haven't finalized my maternity date and I'm a retail manager. I get kinda stressed an I'm always on my feet ! Decisions decisions :haha:

Yeah I guess so Hehe. :blush: just wondering how the last few weeks are cos I haven't finalized my maternity date and I'm a retail manager. I get kinda stressed an I'm always on my feet ! Decisions decisions :haha:

Well for me there were no signs atall of when it was going to happen and I went into labour at about 5am but didnt realise it until 6pm that evening and then I had her at 6:40am the next morning. I had a few twinges on and off from before I got up which just carried on a bit but I didnt think anything of it really, then got worse and worse, I was meant to have a home birth but due to previous endometriosis the contractions ripped all my internal scarring so it hurt too much, I went into hospital at 9pm, had pethidene, gas and air and a bath. Then gave in at about 2 or 3am and had an epidural which only worked on my left side so I still had gas and air as I could still feel everything (which Im kinda glad of really) Then I was fully dilated at 06:20, pushed 6 times and out she came! That was the easiest bit oddly.
No tears or anything but she scratched me with her nails on the way out.
I had her at 06:40 weighing 8lbs. Spent an hour asleep after as she fell asleep for a few hours (shes still lazy now) went upto the recovery ward thingy and then was at home by lunchtime.
The next day I went shopping in town lol. :dohh:

If it was me Id maybe have a week or so off before to chill and get things sorted but not ages else you might find you get bored and start fretting!!

Well for me there were no signs atall of when it was going to happen and I went into labour at about 5am but didnt realise it until 6pm that evening and then I had her at 6:40am the next morning. I had a few twinges on and off from before I got up which just carried on a bit but I didnt think anything of it really, then got worse and worse, I was meant to have a home birth but due to previous endometriosis the contractions ripped all my internal scarring so it hurt too much, I went into hospital at 9pm, had pethidene, gas and air and a bath. Then gave in at about 2 or 3am and had an epidural which only worked on my left side so I still had gas and air as I could still feel everything (which Im kinda glad of really) Then I was fully dilated at 06:20, pushed 6 times and out she came! That was the easiest bit oddly.
No tears or anything but she scratched me with her nails on the way out.
I had her at 06:40 weighing 8lbs. Spent an hour asleep after as she fell asleep for a few hours (shes still lazy now) went upto the recovery ward thingy and then was at home by lunchtime.
The next day I went shopping in town lol. :dohh:

If it was me Id maybe have a week or so off before to chill and get things sorted but not ages else you might find you get bored and start fretting!!

Thank you for ur story, wow ur strong ! U made it sound so simple even tho I know its not, I'm gonna fall apart ! Just wish I knew when he will arrive - early, late, on time ??? Babies on my side tend to be premature but who knowsxx

It was mental experience, and I did freak out a bit but equally I kept saying thankyou and was never mean to my OH lol - It is hard but your body knows what its doing so you just have to try and stay calm and go with the flow because you cant stop it even if you want to lol. All in it was about a 27 hour labour and I did enjoy the experience as much as possible. I was sick as soon as I they put her on top of me - I freaked out because she looked so huge I had no idea how on earth she came out of me :dohh:
Olivia was due on 5th july and came on the 3rd.
He will come when he is good and ready - it was sods law that Olivia decided to come on the one day I didnt have a shower first thing :blush: but I had a bath in the hospital whilst high on gas and air - was the best bath of my life, I think I used the whole hot water supply for the hospital hehe.
Carl forgot my notes because the midwife left them on our dining room table and my next door neighbour dropped them into the hospital for us and the midwife thought he was my dad lol that was quite amusing. Trying to laugh whilst in pain is a funny experience too. :haha:

Dont get me wrong, Im still nervous this time around, but I also know that its nowhere near as terrible as people often make out, I think people always focus on the bad bits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->