Don't know if i want to do elf anymore :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savannah11

Love my boys xxx
Reaction score
So i brought the proper elf with the book and now i don't know if i want to do it as i work and LO goes to nursery so i just won't have the time! I'd much rather (after seeing Marmadukes) do a book advent calendar so he has a book for everyday but now i have an elf sitting around that cost me 30 quid! what can i do with him? x

I don't have the time to do things everyday so the days I'm busy I get him to bring something crafty ie paperchains, snowflakes, colouring etc. I have a little stash of them ready x

What about the elf bringing the book each day? He could be sat on the sofa reading it when LO 'finds' him. Or he could just bring it wrapped.

^^bid what a fab idea! He could be a book elf :) rather than having all the books in a box. Thanks my lovely xx

You could even have him 'reading' the story to an audience of LO's soft toys a few of the times lol. Or relaxing in the 'bath' (tub filled with cotton wool balls) enjoying his good read. It means you can still have some fun with it if you have time. I'm doing this instead of an advent calendar, our elf has a box and will just bring a treat each day (chocolate, I'm lazy lol) but the days I'm not working I'll do something funny with him so LO gets a laugh.

Yeh some days our elf will just be bringing things for the kids...
Xmas jumpers
Craft materials for a particular activity
A gift card each so they can go and chose one present for each other (£5 each so just a token gift)
Sweets (if I'm feeling nice :haha: )

I am going to mix it up too, some days the elf will get upto mischief and other days he will bring books, arts and crafts, tickets for some days out that we have planned etc for them :)

I'm feeling that this year but we've done it the previous two so Lucas is expecting him :dohh:
Tbh he loves it when our Elf is just hiding somewhere around the house and he has to go find him, so we'll probably have a lot of that :haha:

We don't do a lot of stuff with the Elf, somedays he will just be hiding and others he may bring something for Colin.

Could you hide him somewhere around the house sort of like an elf hide and seek? We are not going over the top this year, we want to wait until the kids are older to appreciate it more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"