Dont know if ill be able to handle it

x0xo.xo

Reaction score
My doc told me to start monitering bubs movements beginning at 28 weeks, "6 kicks in one hour and if not, go straight to hospital"... I dont know if ill be able to handle it, like i mean, thats so scary... what if its one of those lazy days or something for him? :shrug: better to be safe then sorry, i know but i dunno.. I kinda liked it up to this point as you didnt have to do much? i guess you can say.. but like hes really stubborn, noone has ever been able to make him move without him actually wanting to, sooo i duno what to do/try if he doesnt move enough in that hour before running to the hospital..

I already worry about everything and this is just going to add more chaos. :nope:

Im not sure what the point of this thread is now but i guess its just to just get it off my chest.. I guess any advice girlies? I feel like such a dummy

6 times in an hour sounds like a lot of movement IMO, I've heard the rule of thumb is 10 times a day you should feel movement.. if you don't notice the lack of movement then it won't worry you, if you get worried then start monitoring more closely? Counting 6 times an hour sounds like a lot of effort to avoid a lot of stress!

that sounds like alot would stress me out my girl is very lazy during the day but then kicks like mad at night :S

6 kicks an hour sounds like a lot my LO has never kicked 6 times every hour I got give a kick chart on monday & got told I have to count 10 kicks through out the day

6 kicks in an hour? That seems a bit high :wacko: my LO doesn't kick that much whilst he has more room in there and I heard they move less as they get bigger due to having less room? I wouldn't worry about it, maybe just stick to the 10 a day that most people seem to get told :flower:

I think you've either heard him wrong or he needs to get his facts right :haha:
It's actually 10 kicks a days hun so don't start fretting LO has to sleep daily :flow:

My mum says not to listen to them things, a baby will kick when it wants.. my girl is unpredictable some days she wont stop moving and other days she cant be bothered.
Some people dont even feel movement for 2 days and LO is fine.
I would just not listen to what your dr said

My mum says not to listen to them things, a baby will kick when it wants.. my girl is unpredictable some days she wont stop moving and other days she cant be bothered.
Some people dont even feel movement for 2 days and LO is fine.
I would just not listen to what your dr said

Wow that's a lot. I haven't been told anything how many kicks should I feel. I would be in hospital all the time as my girl has very lazy days then kicks me like mad for next days...

My fetal movement sheet says the same thing but my doctor told me that i know my lo and i would know when somethings wrong :) i don't even use that sheet! if i think he's being quiet ill bug him and make him move :)

:wacko: Not heard that one before. I never particularly 'counted kicks' I just made sure I felt mine moving and I came to know their most active times of the day. If they were quiet during those times, then I would have been worried. But 6 times in an hour?? Babies have to sleep too!!

Thats a lot! I was always told make sure you feel baby everyday and if your worried drink a very cold glass of water and see if they move, I wouldn't worry too much xx

Hey, I noticed you're in Canada, maybe we have different guidelines for movement here? I was told the same 6 movements but in 2 hours, not one :) He said if you have time (like the end of the day or something) when you just lie down and relax etc. you should be able to feel 6 movements in 2 hours.. I worry like you all the time, I'll work a 10 hour day and think to myself, "he hasn't moved much today..." then I'll go home and lie down and go on the computer or go to bed etc. and I instantly get movements, so it's all about time of day/what you're doing :) Hope that helps!

Here's what my doctor told me: Pick a time that you know your LO is usually active and count the movements (not just kicks) you feel. If you don't feel anything, try again later.

And if you're worried, drink something really cold and/or sugary (like juice) and lay on your left side. For the next half hour keep track of the movements you feel...it should be four. If you don't feel four try again the next half hour. If you still haven't felt as many movements as you need to then call the OB unit and talk to the nurse. I promise it only sounds complicated...it's really not. :flower:

To be honest, I don't do kick counts. I know what's normal for my little girl and if I feel like she hasn't moved as much as she usually does, then I'll do the kick-count thing I just described. Plus, I've been keeping an eye on what times she most active (one of them being 2am :dohh: ) and if she doesn't move around that time, then I'll try to wake her up or get her to move just because I know she's usually active then.

Sorry that was so long...I hope it helped a little tho. :flower:

You shouldn't be doing that every single hour! Like aidensxmomma said, pick a time when they're usually active & count kicks and movements then. You'll know if LO has decreased in movement. My LO had a lot of 'quiet' times, and was just fine. :flow:

10 times a day is what it should be! I think by 28 weeks though, you should know when something is wrong :flower: Don't stress! 6 times an hour is way too much. Don't stress over it, if you don't get 6 kicks an hour. Babies sleep a lot too!

Don't think that's right hun, that's an awful lot of movement!
Hoow come you are being monitored?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->