Don't know what to do...

freckleonear

Crunchy mummy
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but here goes.

While we were away on holiday last week I ran out of contraceptive pills (stupid me didn't realise it was my last lot until I was packing the night before :dohh:). Last night we had unprotected sex, although I don't think there's much chance I could be pregnant as I'd only just had my period.

The problem is this, do I go to the doctors to get a new supply of pills and start taking them right away? I don't want to risk another ectopic pregnancy as I've already lost one tube.

The alternative is not to have unprotected sex for a month until I can do a pregnancy test, but hubby hates condoms and I know I'll give in to him eventually :blush: ... but I'm not ready for another baby yet!

So I'm really not sure what to do. :hissy:

even if you just had AF an egg could be released anytime so there is a chance... What about the 72 hour emergency contraceptive pill? Good luck!

Hmmm that's a tough one. I know that many people on here have found themselves pregnant whilst on the pill and gone on to have perfectly healthy pregnancies and babies. But if you don't want to take the risk then it's understandable. If it was very close to the end of your last pack i'd say it's unlikely you'll be pregnant, although in some people fertility increases just after finishing the pill.

Could you not just insist on condoms for a month? Tell your hubby that you really aren't ready for another LO yet? xx

The morning after pill is not an option as we're Christians and it's an abortificant. I've explained to hubby that I'm not ready to get pregnant again yet, so hopefully he'll wear those hated condoms. Thanks for the advice.

The morning after pill doesnt abort a baby, it just prevents the egg from settling in the womb lining - but i totally respect your beliefs and thats up to you.

You should be okay, but id try and insist on the condoms!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->