don't want to sound stupid..

mum2B

Reaction score
but i was wondering if i had a perfectly normal 16 week scan will my twenty week one be normal also.. if there was an issue such as spina bifida or down syndrome it would have showed up right? Sorry I am just so worried!! Thanks a bunch everyone!

im not an expert honey. but i would assume somthing as big as spina bifida would have shown up at 16weeks.
although iw ould think things would be clearer and more obvious in the 20 week scan. though there would prob be some issues, like maybe heart issues that couldnt be picked up until 20 weeks.
although as i said im no expert and this is all jsut assumptions. however i hope it helps

at 16wks they cant see if anything is rong the just look for edd and really ov things at 20wks they look at every thing from bran hart to the tose and fingers

i really dont want to scare you but i went for a scan at 13 weeks and everything was fine but at 20 week scan baby showed indicators of downs.

not sure about any other problems tho. the indicators they seen on my 20 weeks scan were in the heart and brain so maybe spina bifida wud show earlier as its the spine i think but im really not sure.

just dont worry, it will all be fine :hugs:

have u not had bloods/scan for downs etc hun ? when i went for my 12wk i felt relived,but when my 20wk came round i felt so scared and nervous again as i am going to a 4d scan,think its just a normal worry :hugs:

My hospital took my blood etc and it came back i have extremley low case, but good luck though xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->