Doppler Question

C

Crypto1976

I rented a doppler at the weekend.

I can hear a heartbeat on the left side of my abdomen and can pick it up very easily and clearly.

It seems a little slow for a baby, could it be my heartbeat that I am picking up?

Sorry if this is a silly question.

I think its your own heartbeat that you can hear

I dunno Hun but didn't want to read and run! I have heard that it can be very difficult to find bubs heartbeat until after 16 weeks which is why some midwives won't try and find it until you are at least week 16 as it can worry mum if they can't find it! Sometimes it depends on bubs position or position of placenta. I know some ladies on here have found it sooner! Xxxx

It probably is your heartbeat hun. I really think u will have better luck trying after 12 weeks- but even then , all depending on the type of doppler u use, could be very hard to pick up xx

Babys heartbeat will be 120+ bpm and likely between 140 - 170 bpm. Yours should be around 80bpm but def less than 100bpm I should think! xxx

Ps no such thing as a silly question! Xxx

No question is a silly question! I get the same and if you try you'll probably find it over on the right aswell, thats how I tell the difference. You'll know when it's baby as it is much faster, you might have to listen hard though as it can be very quiet and easy to miss. I started trying early like you aswell and it's not easy to find, some ladies are just lucky, even now at 11weeks it's considered early to find it.
I'm putting mine away for a bit now as it's so hard to find at the moment, we had a go last night and I couldn't even get my heartbeat loud and clear, and there's nothing wrong with me, so I wasn't worried that we couldn't find the cashew.

On sat morning we got 150bpm, however since then I am pretty sure its mine.

OH refuses to believe that it isnt the baby ( which is sweet!) but over the last few days its a slower hb which I think is almost certainly mine.

In fact the 150bpm could have been mine to, beating away in anticipation!!

i picked up hb at 9 weeks but it wasnt easy and still i had to really try to find it...
you'll find pulses or what sounds like a beating pulse, middle of your abdomen (main ateries run thru there) and near both your ovaries, also close to the groin... this is where the main arteries run from the heart, down to the abdomen and split off to the groin.

My hubby gets excited too everytime he hears a HB, even when I know it's mine! He's convinced it can only be the babys! I have tried to explain, but he won't have it!

150bpm sounds like babies hun!.. i pick mine up at 10weeks in past pregnancies, and i always find babys heartbeat is right near where i pick up mine, so if you find that again give the doppler a lil wiggle left and right but near enough same place thats how i find it :) cant wait till im 9 weeks i shall be trying to find mine again hahahaa dont always happen though i couldnt find ds1's till 11 weeks! xx

Try finding your pubic bone and angling the doppler head at an angle... I find mine below my pubic bone and im 15 weeks..... It is much faster than your own heartbeat by 2 times...... goodluck!!

Same here as Gizmo, I have to angle the doppler under my pubic bone or straight down in order to hear it and that is right at the top of my hairline. They have gotten higher in the last 2 weeks, but I STILL have to search really low. Mine are straight down under the belly button.

Yep - mine too. I always start around the pubic bone and that's where I find it...it's pretty low down and not even where I would say my abdomen starts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->