• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

dorset??

Hello :wave: I am near Ringwood so not far from you ladies :D

Are you / did you give birth at Poole or Bournemouth? Any preferences? I had midwife booking appointment today and she asked for my preference, but I wasn't really sure? :wacko:

Hello cliqmo,
Congratulations on your BFP!
Not decided where to have my LO yet...too much to consider! Can you opt for salisbury too as you are in Ringwood?
Hope first tri is treating you well and you are not too sick right now x

when i MC'd OH took me to poole a&e

never want to see there again

i was locked in a side room for nearly 3 hrs and ignored.... i was not bloody happy.... left throwing up and dizzy with the bed sides down.. oh came in to find me nearly off the bed

however my firend used the maternity hospital and said the midwives where just amazing, nothing was too much trouble

I am a sister in A&E at bournemouth and have also worked in poole A&E, I am so sorry you had such a bad experience there and I like to think that I have never treated any patient that way. I am finding it harder looking after women who are having a MC at the moment as I have such an obvious bump, I feel as if patients may find it uncomfortable/insensitive.....do you think this would have upset you? (sorry to ask but it would really help me in my work to know how you would feel).

I have heard pros and cons for both mat units and of course if anything goes wrong you have the back up of drs at poole. Thing is I would love a waterbirth and think I am more likely to get that at bournemouth as they are a quieter unit and have 2 pools. Only trouble is if I did have to be transferrd I would have an ambulance crew who I would know having to take me through the department in which I work to get me to poole! (where I know a lot of the doctors!!!)

to be honest, you having a bump would have prob settled me, as i bet you would have listened, and been a bit more human!!

i left A&E with "you've prob lost IT but may not have, just wait and see"

i was furious i wanted to know where i stood, i didn't want stats etc i wanted someone to look into my eyes hold my hand and tell me the truth, to comfort me and to give me hope that even if i had MC'd i could try again, i wasn't alone....

Thanks so much for replying, must be hard to talk about such an awful time. It is so hard knowing what is the right thing to say and all women react so differently. I hate the fact that we cant scan people on the same day and give a definite answer but I have worked in so many different hospitals and am yet to find one where this is possible.
Fingers crossed you never have to go through an experience like this again x

i really hope i never have to go through it again, esp now i am pregnant again

if i do i think i will be going to bournemouth hosp and not poole

Heyyy im a fellow dorsetian! Im currently living in Ferndown but my house is in Bearwood! We rent it out at the mo and we didn’t expect to get pregnant so soon!!! So we will be moving back to our house with a very pregnant me orrr a new born!!!!! Their contract runs out at the same time as my DD eeek!

Ive lived all over the place in Dorset though, originally went to school in Ringwood, moved to verwood, ummm where else, Bournemouth, ferndown, st.leonards, wimborne!! All over hehe!

Anyway my names Samira and im 24 and my OH Chris is 25! We were TTC for quite a while and didn’t think we were going to be able to have kids as Chris had 96% abnormality in his swimmers so our little baba is a miracle to us!

Anyone here similar dates to me? Im due 22nd July :) xx

I had my bubba at poole, was a lovely experience. cant fault the labour ward one bit. postnatal was a bit rubbish though.
feel free to add me on FB if you girls want (really want to start meeting with people in the area!)
Oh and I'm Laura, 20, have a 9 week old called Max and i'm taking a gap year in the middle of my uni course at AUCB :D

I had my bubba at poole, was a lovely experience. cant fault the labour ward one bit. postnatal was a bit rubbish though.
feel free to add me on FB if you girls want (really want to start meeting with people in the area!)
Oh and I'm Laura, 20, have a 9 week old called Max and i'm taking a gap year in the middle of my uni course at AUCB :D

heyy! have added you on FB :) x

I am 28 (nearly 29, shhhh!!) and OH who is also from ferndown is 34, he went to middle and upper I only went to upper in ferndown. My 2 sisters who are younger went there too!

So sorry to hear about your MC Mayhem, and they way you were left?!!? It beggers belief

Cosmo bear - I’m cooking a second one! What will be the age gap between your 2? Mine will be 20 months. Eeeeak! It was a shock at first (unplanned), but I more and more, I think it is going to be ok, and really cool to have them be close.

Cliqmo - I didn’t have first baby in Bournemouth but had all my anti-natal care here until she was born… the cheeky one decided that Hampshire was the place for her! But I do love the birthing centre at Bournemouth…. And of course there is always home. It is a real choice, and a birthing centre is set up to be a home-away-from-home. You get fantastic care at home, 1 to 1 Mws they don’t leave you to go and attend another lady, and they bring all there expertise and any equipment you and baby might need, the same as in a birthing centre (but from my sig, you would have guessed that I’m very pro home birth!)

Hi SamiraNchris, We have close EEDs!

Laura - Did you birth in the Haven or the Obstetric unit at Poole?.. And why did you think post-natal was rubbish.. Or was it home post-natal you thought was rubbish?

I am really pleased that there are so many lovely Dorset ladies on here!

XxX

i do understand the NHS is stretched, i work in the healthcare profession myself and do understand how tough it can be!!! but i always think to myself, what can i do to cheer X up and give them a reason to smile/believe.....

in the process of miscarriage no. 2!!!! exactly a month since the last one..... i think my body needs a break

Laura - Did you birth in the Haven or the Obstetric unit at Poole?.. And why did you think post-natal was rubbish.. Or was it home post-natal you thought was rubbish?

Umm the obstetric unit was where i gave birth. The staff there are fantastic. I can't fault the midwife I had enough. Made my birth really relaxing and as enjoyable as it could have been (had a bad internal tear)

It was the post-natal on ward care. I was a 20 year old young mum that had no idea how to do anything (not even change a nappy!) and when I asked for help they were reluctant to do so. I asked for a bottle of formula for Max because my stitches (had about 48 internal ones) were too sore for me to move and no one seemed to want to help me :shrug: I assumed it was because I wasn't breastfeeding Max. And I had to force them to discharge me because I didn't want to stay there any longer as they just left me to lie in a bed that had blood soaked sheets from my labour (yup I went onto a new bed and I was still losing blood) even though I asked for them to be changed.
It's different for everyone but I felt the post-natal midwifes looked down on me because I was a formula feeding young mummy.

i do understand the NHS is stretched, i work in the healthcare profession myself and do understand how tough it can be!!! but i always think to myself, what can i do to cheer X up and give them a reason to smile/believe.....

in the process of miscarriage no. 2!!!! exactly a month since the last one..... i think my body needs a break

I'm so sorry to hear that MM. Keep strong.. and as you say give yourself and your body a break. :hugs:
XxX

Umm the obstetric unit was where i gave birth. The staff there are fantastic. I can't fault the midwife I had enough. Made my birth really relaxing and as enjoyable as it could have been (had a bad internal tear)

It was the post-natal on ward care. I was a 20 year old young mum that had no idea how to do anything (not even change a nappy!) and when I asked for help they were reluctant to do so. I asked for a bottle of formula for Max because my stitches (had about 48 internal ones) were too sore for me to move and no one seemed to want to help me :shrug: I assumed it was because I wasn't breastfeeding Max. And I had to force them to discharge me because I didn't want to stay there any longer as they just left me to lie in a bed that had blood soaked sheets from my labour (yup I went onto a new bed and I was still losing blood) even though I asked for them to be changed.
It's different for everyone but I felt the post-natal midwifes looked down on me because I was a formula feeding young mummy.

WOW 48 stitches is alot!! You must have felt terrible and it is also horrible to feel so unsupported.. it doesn't matter how you decide to feed YOUR baby! :nope: I'm pleased that you decided to get home. Even though it must have been very difficult. At least you didn't feel SO isolated anymore. :hugs:
XxX

I am 28 (nearly 29, shhhh!!) and OH who is also from ferndown is 34, he went to middle and upper I only went to upper in ferndown. My 2 sisters who are younger went there too!

ahh ok! my OH's name is Chris Jones and his brother is Steven Jones! such distinctive names!!!! chris is 25 and steven is 31 i think!! and his younger bro is 19 now! although steven and matthew are nothing like chris LOL!

Ive got a lot of friends from ferndown...you must know steve martin and chris loader as they are 27/28 now i think! orrr louise blake?

are you on FB il add you - same to all other girlies? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"