Dostinex and getting pregnant

My 40 week due date is Christmas Eve, but twins usually come early. So its kind of strange having no idea. We are just doing everything sooner. Baby shower earlier, nursery set up earlier. I will have to get my hospital bag ready sooner too!!

How exciting! Hope the next few months are great for you! :)

San Fran, do you remember if you continued taking your cabergoline during the 2ww? Thanks!

I took it up until I got my positive test. I took the pill every Sunday night and got my BFP the following Friday and didn't take any after that. I was worried about taking it during the tww but did anyway...

Thanks! I am supposed to take it tomorrow - I will test before but I know it's too early to get a bfp no matter what. I should know before the next week, so that's good I guess. :)

Hi girls, i wanted to share my experience with cabergoline:

I have never had regular periods, but in 2009 i had none, so by september went to OBGYN a found out my prolactine level was 63 and had milk discharge on my breasts.

So started dostinex at the end of october, 1/2 tablet every week for 20 weeks. Got my period back around week 5, and after that got periods every 4-5 weeks, never regular.
Doctor told me to stop treatment after february 2010, and i got longer cycles until may; from june i had no more periods! Not even a spot, so we decided to go straight to FS on september, but luckily got pregnant mid august and Llollo was born in may 2011.

I have not had any periods since he was born, and i stoped BF in may. I got blood works done yesterday and i am expecting to see high prolactine again.

I am really happy you've created this thread because now i have learn that i can ttc if/when under dostinex.

Hang on in there girls, because it can be done!

Thanks morasmum - it's great to hear success stories! I have now O'd twice since I started taking it - first cycle 35 days, this one will be more like 45, but since there was no o'ing at all before, it seems to be working. Good luck to you too!

I'm just sitting at home wondering if there is anyone out there in the same boat as me.

I have elevated prolactin (about 50 last time we checked) and so my doctor prescribed me dostinex to lower them. I've been taking it for about 3 weeks now and I'm just wondering if there are any success stories out there where a woman got pregnant after they got her levels under control.

I don't have any other health issues preventing me from getting pregnant, the only thing they found was the elevated prolactin ... if you have any experience with this or know of anyone who has successfully gotten pregnant after getting their levels under control please let me know ... I would really appreciate it!

I have epstein barr but not sure if that hinders, IC which may hyperthyriod which definite does and a slight high prolactin...

Thanks Morasmom for the encouragement. I have been taking Cabergoline for 4 months now. TTC for 18 months.

Hi ladies! Just posting a positive story for anyone on Cabergoline: I got my bfp a few months ago. I was taking a low dose of cabergoline and it did get me to ovulate, although not perfectly regularly. I combined it with femara on cd3-7 to get a regular ovulation around cd19. however, the month I got my bfp I wasn't able to take the femara (had the flu) and so it was just the cabergoline that did the trick. I o'd late - cd26 - but it worked! Good luck to all of you on the cabergoline - it worked for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->