Dostinex and getting pregnant

My only symptom which prompted me to start meds was clear/milky discharge from my nips if they were pinched. My prolactin levels measured normal, but the discharge was not normal so my RE put me on the meds anyway. I will never know if the meds were necessary as I still needed clomid to get pregnant.

2nd blood test has been taken! Now to wait a week for results....

Will do, I just hope these results will finally put me on track for regular cycles, even if it means medication

Back from the doctor now and guess what? Yep you guessed it, MORE waiting. My prolactin levels are the same as the first test - they were 872 first off, this time they are 873.

So this doctor seems to think my levels are not high enough to worry about. So I said so why are my cycles so long and irregular?

This is the game plan. I will get my progesterone checked on Monday, to confirm that I am ovulating, but again he said looking at my charts, I am ovulating.

He has also referred me for a pelvic ultrasound to check for cysts on my ovaries. Why he did not refer me sooner I have no clue, given I was getting an ultrasound on my thyroid, they could have done both at once, it is at the exact same place. I need the pelvic ultrasound before he can refer me anywhere.

He said once all those results are in, he can refer me to an FS, and he will mention to them about my elevated prolactin.

I am thinking of booking in with a different doctor next time :growlmad: I am so tired of waiting. I am going to drink my fertility tea again next cycle and I might start a low dose of vitex.

At least I will get the pelvic ultrasound done here in the UK, but I am not sure if I should go to the FS? Given how long this is all taking, I might get my ultrasound within a month, then need a referral. So I might get an appointment in September? We leave to move back to NZ in October. So is it worth seeing an FS given they wont give me clomid since I am leaving? I dont know, they might get mad if I turn up to the FS and say I am leaving in a month, but this is what is going on with me.....

All the waiting sucks! It sounds like you are making progress, even though it is slow. I know how frustrating that is! That does make it tricky that you are moving in the middle of this.

I think I am just going to go to all appointments they give me. As I am doing all this through the public system, I doubt they will monitor me. So if they give me several cycles worth of clomid, I will just take it with me back to NZ. I will have to get all my records to take back too, so hopefully things can move faster in NZ. They may even treat my elevated prolactin in NZ.

At least here in the UK I will get my pelvic ultrasound done, my bloods and OH's SA. And possibly one consult with an FS which might shed some more light. It is a start, I just have to accept that getting real help is still quite a ways off. I am now into my 14 month TTC :(
For now, it looks like vitex is my best choice to try to get my prolactin lower

But I did at least ovulate this cycle, unlike last cycle, so I am glad about that

:cry: Hi im new! Ive been ttc for almost a year.... 2 months ago found out i had hih prolactin... 62.... So now ive been on cabergoline 1/2 a tab once a week... Been on it for a lil over one month... Congrats to u ladies w ur bfps!! Sometimes i feel like that day is never going to come! Frustrated!!

Hi wishfull. I just wish my doctor would actually treat my high prolactin! I hope the treatment helps you get your bfp

Rmsh... Thanks same to u! Hope u get ur bfp! I was takin vitex n got my period 6/7 then he stopped the vitex n put me on cabergoline... Should i get my period the first month on it? Cuz its already 3 days passed... :confused::confused:
:dust::dust::dust::dust:

Ohhh did vitex really help regulate you? I am still in debate with myself to start that since my doc wont give me anything.

I think they check your blood again 6 weeks after starting treament? Ash will know better, her levels were down to normal levels in the blood test she had taken after taking the treatment for at least 6 weeks. I assume your periods should then become regular again

Did the vitex really help you?

Yeah i took vitex for one month and got my period! I didnt get bloodwork and i started vitex on my own my doc wouldnt give me anything... When i went for my appt i told him i started vitex and was on the 3rd day of my period... I wanted to stay on it bt he said cabergoline was easier and told me to stop vitex....

Bt the thing is he told me to get bloodwork after 3 months?!

I really hope it works!

I am sure the medication will do the job, I am only considering vitex as my doc will not refer me to an endo

Hi ladies!
I am taking my first cabergoline pill tonight - I'm on a really low dose .25mg/week because my levels are in the high end of the normal range, but I have galactorrhea and I don't have cycles, so I'm hoping maybe this will do the trick! What doses did you guys take? Did you have any side effects?
Good luck to all of you!
Also, I tried Vitex and it did dry up my galactorrhea quickly, but I had to stop taking it because I got headaches. It seems like it works for a lot of people though, and I might have tried it again if the doctor didn't want to do the cabergoline.
:dust:

I took the same dose as you. 1/2 a pill once a week. It gave me headaches and made me tired for a couple days after taking it. I can't totally remember but I think it shortened my cycles within the 1st two months of taking it. They were up to 40 days long and the cabergoline shortened them almost too short...The cycle before I got pregnant was only 22 days. But short cycles when you are TTC are nice! Less waiting...

nc1998 did your cycles return on vitex? How much and how often did you take it? It really sounds like I am going to have to try it. I get my progesterone results on Monday, but still have not recieved a date for my pelvic ultrasound. Getting OHs SA done on Monday

Thanks San Fran - I am hoping it will work for me. Day 1 I just feel pretty sleepy. Maybe it will work a miracle! So happy that you are expecting twins - how exciting! :)

rmsh1 - my cycles did not return, but I could only take it for about 2 or 3 weeks because of the headaches. I took it in the form of fertilitea (which mixes vitex with other female tea-ish herbs.) It tasted good, and was easy. I drank 2 cups per tea, brewed as directed.

I also have had pituitary problems in the past that are unusual and could be why I don't cycle, so I'm not really a good example, as it's quite possible I will never cycle again. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->