Dostinex and getting pregnant

Thanks for the info. I actually drank fertility tea but for a week and a half this cycle, and I ovulated slightly earlier than I have been. I am going to drink the fertility tea again if I dont get a bfp this cycle

Well i got my period!! Doc said i should take my temperature this cycle... Bt i dont know how!? Can i take it anytime? Can someone explain it to me please!!

You need to buy a BBT thermometre, and then take your temp at the same time every morning when you wake up, before doing anything else. Do not speak or drink or move about. You should try to get atleast three full hours of sleep before taking your temp. I think you are OK to take your temp within the same hour every day, I take it between 5 and 6am. Then plot it in fertility friend (click on mine and register) and enter your temp every day. Also note your cm, as that is a big sign as to when you are about to ovulate

When my body actually manages to ovulate, my charts are always quite clear. Not everyone's is very clear. I tend to have quite stable temps

Is the bbt different than a regular thermometer? And thanks... Ima it see if i can get it to work!:happydance:

Yes, it's more precise. Measures to the hundredth of a degree instead of tenth. They are inexpensive at the drug or grocery store. I really like temping b/c it helps you to know what's really going on! Good luck!

Thank you ladies for all your informative support, but it looks like I will be holding off on the vitex as I got my bfp today! :dance:

Thank you ladies for all your informative support, but it looks like I will be holding off on the vitex as I got my bfp today! :dance:

How exciting! Congratulations! Wishing you a happy and healthy nine months. :happydance:

San Fran Shan - Do you remember how soon your galactorrhea went away? How soon did you do follow up blood tests? Thanks. Sorry for all the questions; it's really hard to find info about people with galactorrhea and normal serum prolactin levels!
My doctor didn't mention a follow up blood test, she just said we could try this for a couple of months and see if it might help my cycle (she wasn't optimistic!).
So I took the first pill about a week ago... and maybe have been feeling like I am producing more estrogen?! I could totally be imagining it, but my temps have been lower the last few days and I've had more cm than usual. Probably just coincidence. It's CD56... we'll see I guess!

Hi - I am thinking it took like 2 months for my nips to dry up. I don't totally recall. And I think the same amount of time for my cycles to shorten. We didn't do follow up blood work since my levels were never high or even close to being high. But the cabergoline alone didn't get me my BFP. Well it could have, but I was impatient and we got a little more aggressive with IUIs and clomid.

More cm than usual maybe means you are finally ovulating?? I hope it works for you!!

Thanks!
Yes, I'm hoping maybe this could be gearing up to O... but I have definitely mis-read fertility symptoms before... I will let you know! :)

Ok ever since I started cabergoline ive been ancy off and on! Today i feel like crap! Im ancy. My back hurts. My mouths tingly. Ive been peeing like crazy. I feel horrible! Has anyone gone thru this?

Sorry you feel so bad! I didn't have those side effects, but I did feel super sleepy and a little bit dizzy. Also headache-y. For me I took the pill in the evening and it was worse that night and the next day, then less noticeable the rest of the week. I hope you feel better soon. :flower:

I kind of remember feeling like that. After a few weeks it wasn't as bad. Just try your hardest to stick with it and keep reminding yourself why you are taking it!

San fran i know! Im trying to stick thru it... Itll all be worth it once i get pregnant... If i ever do! Bt i have an appt on the 7th to get my bloodwork so well see how it goes! :)

Hi ladies! I am so excited... I finally ovulated! After 24 days on the cabergoline - hooray! I guess the prolactin was the problem even though the serum level was normal. Just had to share the news. I will be doing the happy dance all through the 2ww, and even through AF if she comes, just so happy to have finally O'd on my own - it has been years! :)

Congrats!! That is the 1st big step toward your BFP!! That is great news!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->