• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dostinex and getting pregnant

i may have gotten my BFP today. going to the dr to confirm. i got a light second line, then a faint one, and then a couple negatives.

Hope everything's goin good for you guys!

Woohoo RainAngel congrats praying dr confirms your good news!!

We have had a bit of a stressful week, I started bleeding last weekend while on a family camping trip eekk had yet another scan on Monday and found a small blood vessel had burst in my uterus but baby was fine and heartbeat great and had doubled in size since the tuesday before, they also did bloodwork and found my progesterone levels are really low so have to now insert a cream morning and night to try kick the levels back up, so still not out of the woods but we will get there!!

i cant get in til monday, but that's ok. i got a + on a hpt, followed by a -, but have i think at last count 5 with a + reading!

Hope things go well for you Mumma!

RainAngel - that sounds promising! Keep us posted on your results!

Mumma09 - that must have been really scary! Glad things are OK. I am using progesterone twice a day as well. It sucks, but if it helps, its totally worth it.

Four more days til my 1st ultrasound! I am dying with anticipation!!

Well girls, congrats on all of your bfp's. I just got back from my third IUI and everything went fine. I had 3 follicles, sizes 17,18 and 22mm and my lining was 12mm so that was really good and my DF's sperm count post wash was 97.5 million, so FX'd!

i've gotten nothing but BFNs now, so I'll assume i had a false positive. AF isn't due for another week or so, so maybe then.

Good luck Ash!

San Fran - let us know how it goes!

RainAngel - have you tested again??

My 1st ultrasound was today. We are having twins! Yep. Two strong heart beats. Still in total shock.

Congrats San Fran! I thought you were having twins the way your levels jumped! keep us updated.

I'm testing thursday. I dont hold much hope, and this was my last month TTCing. OH moved monday to the city.

San Fran congrats!!! I just started dostinex two weeks ago...but so far this cycle, temps are holding high!! It's great to see others in a similar boat, and successful with sticky beans!!!

Rain Angel, that happened to me last month.. my fingers are crossed for you!!!!!!

AF hit. Not sure what's happening next month yet. I still have a weird feeling in my belly, and i have a nasty backache. Considering testing again, just for fun :)

WOW - this is rare. I have actually found others with the same issue as myself. I am 36 years old and have only recently decided to start trying to conceive. I have always been scared and not really wanting to become a mom. Due to the fact that Doctors and delivery scare me to death.

Then I found out a few years ago that I have prolactemia. And It< been awhile but the details are a little foggy. My tumor is small and my levels were in the upper 80,s. I have been on dostinex for over a year .25 1/week and I tolorate it very well. A little dizziness upon standing. No more headaches, regular 28 day cycles. My cycles were ranging between 25 and 35 days and since being on dostinex normalized withing a few weeks.

My husband and I have started trying this weekend - as my online ovu prodictor said between the 19th and the 23rd were my best chances.

My questions to you ladies are...

Is easy to conceive while on Dostinex?
Is is safe to conceive while on Dostinex?

Your comments and opinions would be greatlly appreciated

Thanks kindly :o)

Dostinex and TTC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOW - this is rare. I have actually found others with the same issue as myself. I am 36 years old and have only recently decided to start trying to conceive. I have always been scared and not really wanting to become a mom. Due to the fact that Doctors and delivery scare me to death.

Then I found out a few years ago that I have prolactemia. And It< been awhile but the details are a little foggy. My tumor is small and my levels were in the upper 80,s. I have been on dostinex for over a year .25 1/week and I tolorate it very well. A little dizziness upon standing. No more headaches, regular 28 day cycles. My cycles were ranging between 25 and 35 days and since being on dostinex normalized withing a few weeks.

My husband and I have started trying this weekend - as my online ovu prodictor said between the 19th and the 23rd were my best chances.

Thanks kindly )

Some ladies get pregnant easily on dostinex and others dont. I've been on dostinex since November and I have yet to have success while others on here have had success and have only been on it for a few months. And once you do get pregnant you should stop taking dostinex because they haven't done enough studies that say it's bad but nothing says it's good either and your prolactin is supposed to increase during pregnancy. So, best of luck!

I agree with Ash. My doc said to stop taking is as soon as I got a positive test. I was on cabergoline (similar medication) for several months and did not conceive naturally. I tried one IUI without medication, then once with clomid. We were TTC for around 15 to 18 months. I lost count. But the clomid and IUI worked and now I am 9 weeks pregnant with twins!

Thanks kindly :o)

I was on Dostinex for just under 3 months when I fell preg I stopped taking it 3 weeks before I fell cause I had a feeling that it was the month I was going to fall, I had been trying for 17 mths before that with a miscarriage early last year.
I am now almost 11 weeks pregnant and have a had a few tense moments along the way and am currently on progesterone gel morning and night because the dostinex took it so low when I fell preg my body was still a bit confused and didn't take it up high enough apparently if I had stopped taking it 2 months before trying to get preg it would not have been a problem.
But we saw a wiggling little jelly bean with arms and legs kicking around at our last scan (4th one so far!) so all looks good now :)

All the best to you hope you get your BFP very soon!!

PS my levels went from 680 to 30 in 3 weeks (I think they do it different here in australia but) the doctor was stunned and said he couldn't believe it went down so fast.

Hey everyone,

SO glad to find this site! My situation in a nut-shell:

Started TTC a couple of months ago, but always felt like I was going to have trouble when this time came b/c my periods were NEVER regular - always long (like 35-48 days maybe). Since I've been tracking I had one 39 day cycle and now on day 46 of this cycle. I needed blood work for something else and asked my GP to draw a hormone panel since I was going to get stuck anyway. She did and that's how I found out my prolactin level was 48. She referred me to an endocrinologist who put me on cabergoline .25 twice a week. That was 3 weeks ago. So....I go back in 3 more weeks to retest and I'm hoping prolactin came down.

As for now - what the heck? I thought my cycles would get shorter on cabergoline, but so far that's not the case! I'm probably just being impatient. I'm not sure if I ovulate or not. So next cycle I will start to temp. (Although I work overnights, so my sleep/wake cycle is all screwed up). I tried OPKs this time, but never got a true positive - only an almost positive. Of course I've been testing to see if I'm preggo like every other day, but all negatives so far. And the worst part is I'm having symptoms that could be either side effects of cabergoline or early pregnancy signs (nausea in particular), so that's messing with me.

Thanks for letting me vent. I'm happy to be a part of something with people that understand. For those that are pregnant - CONGRATS!!

It is my impression that there is a link between high TSH (thyroid problems) and prolactin. I also have tried myself, that these two numbers were really high at the same time.
For those of you who have persistent fertility problems in spite of being on Dostinex it may be worth looking into TSH issues
Amber

HI! I'm suspecting this is my problem. Af is currently here but she's 3 days longer than she's supposed to be. I spotted or was light most of the time. I'm having all the symptoms of pregnancy including nausea and headaches. My breasts are leaking alot of colostrum. Can any ladies list some symptoms they had from the high prolactin. I'm making a gyno appointment today to find out what's wrong. I'm gonna stalk and hope you all get some BFP very soon!

My situation was a little different. My prolactin level was in the normal range, but I still had discharge from my nips. My cycles ranged from 28 to 40 days. The cabergoline stopped the discharge within 2 months and shortened my cycles a lot. One was only 22 days...but they were still a little irregular, 22 to 28 days. Before the cabergoline, I would spot for several days before my period would start. The cabergoline fixed that as well. My doc said the medication takes about 3 months to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->