Doula's & Birth Partners....

Joss ever want to come to Scotland :lol:

Just noticed at yours MM...hmmm might invade that :rofl: Yorkshire is more doable for me and just have to find some loving relative from down there to watch two children :haha: Love that i'm just inviting myself :blush:

:haha: Poor old Lisa, we're all gonna descend on her house in droves! I love sheep! :winkwink: We only have manky old half-starved foxes round here.

I know what you mean about the BFing, that's my concern with doing the course in June/July. Esmé will be 6/7 months old but will still be exclusively BF'd then. Obviously I can express but it still feels like she'll be too teeny to have 3 full days in a row away from me IYKWIM.

Hi Blob! Sounds like you've got the whole '5 year plan' thing all figured out :haha:

Sarah I was just going to suggest you should come to mine!! You are ALL welcome as far as I'm concerned and it would be very cool to train together!! :D

Awwww, I wanna come!! Hehe.
Sounds like you're all going to have a lot of fun together, and Yorkshire's so green & beautiful :)

How's your PTSD/PND research going, Emma? :flower:

Lisa, what are you doing to do about childcare while the course is running? You'll probably get a huge discount from Nurturing Doulas - providing the house AND a load of trainee doulas :haha: you're their dream host!

I did some digging last night & have lots of stuff to read through too.
What suprised (and saddened) me, was how common it is (and that's just those they diagnose) and how unfortunately, as per usual the answer seems to be 'throw anti-depressants at it' :(
I put a poston FB last night, pretty much saying what I just said, and I was amazed at the response from friends saying they'd had it & felt unsupported and were just given drugs :(

I will have a few week old baby :dohh: If baby is born end of August/start of Sep...though will have to plan Tabs birthday around this :lol: She's having a joint party at the very start of October but sure i can figure it out :dohh:

Em, I've got a book you can borrow if you like? Depression After Childbirth - Katharina Dalton.

I did some digging last night & have lots of stuff to read through too.
What suprised (and saddened) me, was how common it is (and that's just those they diagnose) and how unfortunately, as per usual the answer seems to be 'throw anti-depressants at it' :(
I put a poston FB last night, pretty much saying what I just said, and I was amazed at the response from friends saying they'd had it & felt unsupported and were just given drugs :(

Hi hun, I still have PND and its horrible! I wouldnt admit it until lily was 6 weeks old and then they put me on anti-depressants and I also have counciling...

Lots of people say to me "You'll get over it,,,stop milking it":cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Elizabeth - It's not a huge discount - only £50 but obviously I save travel costs and there's the convenience. Because I'll be at home and Sid will be older, I'll be happier pumping and I'll be able to come and get my mum to look after him here. Nurturing Birth dont mind you bringing your LO so long as the host doesnt mind and you bring a carer. They are happy for them to be brought to you for feeds but say it wont work if you are caring for them too. I wont mind someone coming with an LO and a carer. They can take them out for walks or whatever and play in my garden to pass the time :)

Emma - when I had PND with my eldest they were very quick to give me ADs :( Fortunately I decided myself after a short while they werent the answer and stopped them. My friend is on them and has been since her LO was about 3 weeks old....she's 7 months now.... :|

So if i came i would be able to get my dad or aunt or something to watch baby and Tabs... My dads from Nottingham and my Aunts from Lincoln so not too hard for them i thinks. :) Eeee this is good...though got to break it to a friend that i wont be doing it with her :shock:

we do have a really fab new private nursery just opened opposite who might have you LOs if it were something you'd consider....it would bump your costs up but it is fab. They have been rated outstanding by OFSTED and my nephew is booked in for after school club and my lovely next door neighbour is one of the baby nursery nurses :)

Wow this thread has moved quick..

Welcome to all newbiies..:hi: x

Ooooh i would with Tabs but this baby will only be weeks old... like if its in October :baby: will still not be even 8 weeks old...maybe this baby will let me express but Tabs refused the bottle :dohh:

Emma - PM me your address and I'll send it off tmrw...

Lisa - This is all news to me, I emailed Valerie asking what options would be with me havng a LO that I BF and was basically told "while we love babies, it's far too disruptive for us and you so come on a later course when you're not BFing!" :nope:

"You'll get over it.... stop milking it!" Sadly that kind of attitude towards PND is all too common, it's pretty much like people think you've got your lovely baby so what are you complaining about :dohh:

Hmm.....I wonder if they are re thinking things then - perhaps they dont think its a good idea but they'd already kind of said yes to me? She said they definitely didnt want the LO on the course but you could have them brought to you for feeds.....I said that's what I'd probably want to do if I went to the Sheffield training. She was going to check with the host that they were ok with that and then I got thinking about hosting myself. I've filled their questionnaire about my home etc and am waiting on her coming back to me to agree dates etc..... Dont quote me though!

I was really disappointed when she told me no. Then I perked up when I looked into Michel Odent's course as they allow 'quiet' babes-in-arms.... til I discovered it costs £1K!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->