Doula's & Birth Partners....

Hi Lisa :hi: Hypnobirthing course sounds exciting!

Hi Lisa :)
Wow, that sounds like a fantastic plan. I did start to prepare myself for using some Hypnobirthing techniques, but unfortunately my birth didn't quite go according to plan :(

I need to update the front page, but I don't often get to use the laptop as hubby's always working on it, and it's hard to do from my iPhone!!

On another note, Vici & I went to see the chair of the b.a.b.i.e.s this afternoon and she is stepping down soon, as she's due to have a baby in July and is then moving to Scotland. We were talking about our plans etc. and she suprised Vici and I by asking us to be joint chair of the group!! How exciting!!
Basically, the group is aiming to get a birthing centre in our local town, but also aims to improve the birthing experience and to promote positive post natal
care etc. xx

Hi Elski, Eternal Rose and BabyHaines :hello: so happy to have found this group!

BH - soooo sorry to hear you didn't get the birth you hoped for!!

xxx

xxx

Thanks hun.
I was very affected by it, but I'm starting to put things in their place now and use my experience to (hopefully) change things for others, for the better xxxx

xxx

Thanks hun.
I was very affected by it, but I'm starting to put things in their place now and use my experience to (hopefully) change things for others, for the better xxxx

They should have a 'like' button, like they do on facebook. because I'd have 'liked' this post, Lisa :winkwink:

Hi everyone

I just wanted to post and say that I am having a doula (same one as Nikki) and even just the prenatal support has been invaluable, not even given birth yet.

And for the ladies I have 'met' on the home birthing thread I think all of you will make fantastic doulas and just your 'virtual' support and feedback has been such a positive influence on my pregnancy and anyone chosing you to support them at their birth will be very lucky ladies indeed!

Good luck with your studies!

Hi Cactusgirl,
ooooh, you must tell us all about it!!
How exciting, a homebirth with a doula - you lucky thing :)

Can I ask what made you decide to have a Doula??xx

I do worry about how many Doulas are really wanted up here :nope: Cant wait to hear how it goes for you :thumbup:

Is it not a very big thing up there, Blob?

Hi Cactusgirl - a homebirth with a doula will be wonderful :)

Right, I need to get cake baking today :)
Am gonna make a Marmalade cake I think, ready for tomorrow (the next two days of my course). Yummy!!
Oooh, am looking forward to this weekend a lot xxxx

Have a smashing weekend chick - cant wait for the next updates! :D

Marmalade cake sounds delish! Have a good couple of days on the course!

Well, it was another successful weekend ;) had loads of fun and really enjoyed it.
I've also had a fairly productive last few days....
The group that have sponsored me to do this course (B.A.B.I.E.S) have asked me to be joint chairperson, alongside one of my friends (abd a fello forum user); Vici.
I am so thrilled and have so many plans already!!

The other thing is that I think I may have persuaded our local hospital to consider allowing some trained volunteers onto the postnatal ward to help new mums with breastfeeding and for general support!!
I am also hoping to hear back today whether or not I can get on the MSLC (Maternity Services Liason Comimittee!!) Wooooooohoo!!xxxx

Congrats Babyhaines! Sounds like your doing a great job and have some exciting things coming up!

Sarah, even if doulas arn't that popular yet, you can always do labour/birthing classes and other informational classes etc too.

Well, it was another successful weekend ;) had loads of fun and really enjoyed it.
I've also had a fairly productive last few days....
The group that have sponsored me to do this course (B.A.B.I.E.S) have asked me to be joint chairperson, alongside one of my friends (abd a fello forum user); Vici.
I am so thrilled and have so many plans already!!

The other thing is that I think I may have persuaded our local hospital to consider allowing some trained volunteers onto the postnatal ward to help new mums with breastfeeding and for general support!!
I am also hoping to hear back today whether or not I can get on the MSLC (Maternity Services Liason Comimittee!!) Wooooooohoo!!xxxx

Wow, well done hun this is amazing you have got so much done. You must have excellent communication skills. Have you considered training to be a midwife? You would be snapped up with all this experience, and this is only the start... I think you would be an excellent advocate.... :flower:

Awwww, thank you sweetie xxxx
I did think about it, but I don't know that I'd fit in with their 'targets' and stats....
I think id struggle to walk away when women needed me, but I couldn't help as I was too busy IYKWIM??

I have been a busy bee....tomorrow, Vici and I have a meeting at mine (well, cup of tea and a chat....!!) with my MW, to see what support they need in the community.
I think Vici and I would like to initiate some big changes in the way our local maternity services work (particularly postnatally).
We are hoping to get 10+ volunteers trained up through B.a.b.i.e.s to support women through breastfeeding and postnatally. The idea would be that we volunteer on a rota basis and we go to the high dependency recovery ward at our local hospital (its been
agreed that that's the ward that has the worst stories of postnatal care at the moment) and we meet new mums from our area. We'd then hope to build a relationship with them and will support them when they arrive home, working in conjunction with our community MW's. We then hope to help introduce these new mums to their local services (mum and baby groups etc. etc.) and hope that this helps increase the BF rate and lower the PND rates :)
What do y'all think ladies?! xxxx

BH - I am loving reading how you're really getting involved locally and implementing some really positive changes!! Maybe this will be a bench mark for what other areas in the UK can achieve with this depressing postnatal support deficit!

How on earth do you have time to make cake as well! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->