Doula's & Birth Partners....

Hehe - thank you Freya. Trust me, there's many a day I don't even find time to get showered or brush my teeth 'til 3pm!! lol

I think Vici & I would love that. It would be so good to improve things locally and then be able to implement them further afield too.
I think I'm encouraged by a lot of the ladies on here too, as reading about their experiences spurs me on.
I really, really hope we can change things for the better :)

Our meeting this morning went well & the community MW's are definitely interested, which is fab. I just need to find out about the training etc. that will be required by the hospital xxxx

sounds brilliant Em :thumbup: The women in your area dont know how lucky they are :)

Just waiting on dates for hosting a Nurturing Birth doula course at mine! Looks like it will run one saturday to monday in October for those of you thinking of doing it at mine :)

Ooh, can I come and be tea lady or something!! Haha xxxx

Just waiting on dates for hosting a Nurturing Birth doula course at mine! Looks like it will run one saturday to monday in October for those of you thinking of doing it at mine :)

Do you think I might be able to come?...:blush:

BH - your plans are great! :happydance:

Oooooo doing the course over a weekend would have been soooo much better for me as I could have got OH to do 'Gracie duty'! Would have been lovely to do the course with fellow b and b'ers! I heard today I've secured my place on the Sheffield course for the 14th June though, so whilst it's v exciting..... I now have to find a sitter from the family ranks, which sadly isn't easy for us :wacko: It will be well worth it though.

:happydance:

Freya - if it worked out better you could maybe swap?

The date is looking like 2-4th October and I just have to register and pay me fees then they will start to advertise it on their website etc :) They need 6 minimum to run the course so if everyone on here that's interested end up coming there will be 4 BnB doulas in waiting attending! :lol:

How do we sign up Lisa?? Or do we do it through you??

Once they have my registration (I'm going to get it done and off on monday) then you will be able to approach them directly. I've told Valerie there are a few people interested so she'll be expecting to hear from you! I'll post on here once it's all official :)

I have my 5th & last day on Friday!! Woohoo :)
My fabulous mum is coming up on Thursday afternoon, so that I can hopefully work on my assignments too. She'll entertain little man for me xxxx

Just checking in with everyone! I've been busy trying to sell my old style pram on here and neglecting to check the thread

Freya - if it worked out better you could maybe swap?

The date is looking like 2-4th October and I just have to register and pay me fees then they will start to advertise it on their website etc :) They need 6 minimum to run the course so if everyone on here that's interested end up coming there will be 4 BnB doulas in waiting attending! :lol:

I'd jump at this option if I wasn't doing the Hypnobirthing course in November. Maybe a bit of info overload in a short space of time for my rapidly shrinking brain. Thanks :flower: (loving your new profile pic btw)

I have my 5th & last day on Friday!! Woohoo :)
My fabulous mum is coming up on Thursday afternoon, so that I can hopefully work on my assignments too. She'll entertain little man for me xxxx

Brilliant! Your mum sounds fab! Hope you get a few quiet hours to do your assignments. I've had my pre course assignment sent through to do. Think I was naive in thinking it would be fairly easy...... ha! I'll definitely need to get research head on too.

xxx

Hellooooo hun! how are you?? What a beauty Abigail is!!! :wub:

I've not read in here for a while and need a good catch up :flower:

Hiya everyone! Hope you're all well. Loving the new avatar pics, MM & ER!

How did the last day on the course go, Emma, are you now a Doula? :happydance:

Hiya, how's everyone doing? Is there a new Doula in the ranks??

I'm still slogging thorugh the pre course assessment..... there are a lot of questions and I can waffle, not a good combo.

xxxx

Is that the nurturing birth one Freya? I just had an email from Valerie who just got back from training doulas in Abu Dhabi! Lucky! She's processing my application and setting everything up to start advertising the course that I will be hosting at my house in October :happydance: I cant wait and I know quite a few people interested too so I think it should be a great atmosphere!

I'm still interested, I told Val I was 99% sure I'd be on the course in Oct (if she'll have me) so I'm looking forward to it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->